Friday, September 01, 2006

John Waite, my beloved dead pooch, and hairy Rudy: a play in one Act

Long time no see. It's my busy time at work, and at home too, so I haven't even caught up on my blog reading, let alone writing. But anyway, enough of that.
So tonight I was watching Fame, the tv show, not the movie. It's on every night now on MuchMoreMusic, and I am addicted to it. I have always loved that show, both the movie and the tv show, and it's so cheesy, it's good. I was always jealous of those kids. I want to be the one who lives forever, where people will see me and cry. But, alas, doesn't look like it's gonna happen. I also had this crush on Coco when I was a kid, and it's funny now to see it because holy hannah, bitch had quite the hair...
So anyway, Debbie Allen was on doing her usual sassy bullshit - Leroy didn't have his tights or something - and I started thinking about her sister, who was Mama Cosby, and I have to say this: I loved the Cosby show (except when they did all those fucking skits and songs and things for all those famous old jazz musicians and such who always seemed to pop over), and all that, and I suppose I thought them to be such a cool family, but really, Mama was such a supreme bitch. That's not to say I didn't like her, but when you look at her as a mother, she never cut those kids any slack. You knew just watching that the kids lived in fear of her, and she always had something to say. She never went after Sondra or Denise really, but poor Theo and Vanessa. Those two always got shit on. I mean, even though Theo was a fuck up in some ways, you just wanna say Mama let the boy play some rock and roll, you know? Like, it comes to a point where you just want to scream "Claire, just let Theo and Cockroach skip out for an afternoon to buy concert tickets" or "Let Vanessa take a cosmotology class as an elective at school." But no, bitch would never let that shit happen. My five year old just told me when she grows up she's getting a tatoo and working at the slush store. I will let her have that dream for now. Claire Huxtable wouldn't let her kids do that, nosiree. Yet, she let Denise return with a husband who is some high-ranking military dude, but yet lets them all free-load off of her and Cliff? I dunno, so much never added up with that show. And why is Cliff never delivering babies? I used to be a nanny for my doctor, and he was always running out to help new life spring into the world. So that didn't fly either. Also, since they were so fucking tight-assed with money and the kids could never buy anything, why did they dress so well? They always had new clothes. And why, pray tell me, didn't they get Rudy electrolysis for her mustache once she hit puberty? Or buy Vanessa some fucking hair relaxer? It all didn't make sense.
So why the rant on the Cosby Show? I don't rightly know.
SO I was just reading this 80s song quiz that my friend sent me, and was reminded that the lyric "every time I think of you, I always catch my breath" is pretty much one of the most beautiful lyrics ever.
I just took some gravol to get to sleep - do you think that has anything to do with this odd post?
Anyway, I better cart my arse to beddy-bye land, because I do feel rightfully loopy. It was one year ago tonight that my beloved dog Daisy was killed, so send some good energy up to the heavens to her, ok? Love ya always, Dais...
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Love ya Daisy, you crazy little dog. :)
Don't ask why I am posting at 330 am. Woke up and could not get back to sleep now I amsitting her blogging having a coffee. I feel its going to be a lonngg day at work..

M

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I think Vanessa was the most manipulative of the Cosby's and Theo was just a fuck up, but then they let Denise go off and marry Lenny Kravitz so I guess nobody is perfect. I am kind of like Claire "Ain't nobody ever gonna bring nothin' to you ever!" Huxtable (I loved that speech when she ripped Alvin!)

Has it been a year since the Daisy went to the big kennel in the sky?! Where does the time go. The garbage man is outside my house fighting with his garbage truck and it is starting to freak me out. What if My Garbage broke his truck and when they take it apart they see that I don't recycle my cans?! OH Lord!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't recycle your cans???? What kind of a fucking person are you anyways, Rocko????? You people make me laugh for so many different reasons it is a bit scary--doodoodoodoo.....
Devo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home