Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Margo......

No time to post tonight. I am watching "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" which I haven't seen since I was a kid, and while it isn't scaring me to death, it's creeping me out a little because I don't remember what happens. But I just wanted to say a big happy birthday to Margo Montana, who has a birthday on Sunday. Yup, bitch is 36 now - can you believe it? So, happy birthday, you exquisite beast. I hope you have a great day and a great year. Rochelle, take her out for some extra crispy fries and gravy, topped off with an ice cold Blue (to remind you of the old days). Hell, if you want it to be authentic like the old days, let her crumple the bill up in her purse and pay for a coffee!
We've been friends going on 21 years now. How fucking creepy is that? We've been friends longer that Lindsey Lohan has been on this earth (or, as we like to call it, the good old days!). We were friends when the top ten television shows for that 1985-86 season looked like this:


1.The Cosby Show
2.Family Ties
3.Murder, She Wrote
4.60 MinutesCheers
5.Dallas(tie)
Dynasty(tie)
7.The Golden Girls
8.Miami Vice
9.Who's the Boss?
10.Night Court
Ah, the Cosby Show, which we both loved. I had such a crush on Denise Huxtable, and maybe now Margo will tell us she did too....And Family Ties - we both bawled at the series finale, even with Meridith Baxter Birney's overdramatics on that one, with her "Start Spreadin' the news" speech. Since we were together on Friday nights, we had given up Dallas at this point, and I didn't even know Dynasty was still on then.
Oooh, this movie is fucking creeping me out right now...We've had the Golden Girls discussion on here too many times to mention, but let's just say that we watched Who's the Boss, and I still think Angela looked good in the big glasses and scoop necked turtlenecks, but we both have always agreed that little Jonathan was so obviously gay, even as an annoying 4 year old. Oh man, what an annoying child, and they would try to make him all straight, and it was so painful to watch. And then Night Court, well, that was so frigging stupid, but I liked that Selma chick, the one who died. I am suprised they haven't dragged Marsha whatever her name was, the big black woman who replaced her, to audition for The View.
And back during the same year, in the top ten movies, there are only two that we saw together, so I am not typing out the whole list: Stand by Me, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I remember we even got promo pins of Ferris, and I think we went to it two nights in a row. Stand By Me we loved too, but the puke scene always made us freak out.
So as you can see, a lot has changed since then, but one thing remains the same - even though we are miles apart, she'll always be close to my heart. As Joni Mitchell and Michael McDonald sing in the song "Good Friends", coincidentally from that same year of 1985-86, we are "syncronized like magic, good friends you and me."
Have a good day!
Happy Big Brother watching y'all.
JT

3 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the BDay wishes. and the stroll down memory lane. :)
Its 6 am on my bday and if you wondering why I am up well its because I knew there was my present on the table from Rochelle.
So I woke her up so I could open it..
I must be doing something right b/c I got a 30gb IPod.. pretty fargin cool.
I am like a kid at xmas, now I just have to figure out how to get music on it. it holds 7500 songs or something ridiculous. I only have 400 songs on my computer..

ciao my friend.

Margo

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Happy birthday Margo!!! (It took me four tries to type that, I'm not awake yet)

I loved Miami Vice and for awhile, stayed home every Friday night so I could watch it. How do you spell loser?

I have a sweater that I bought in 86 that I still wear sometimes. It was my party sweater. I will blog about it someday. I still love that sweater. It is older than Lindsay Lohan too, and just about as old as your friendship with Margo.

Have you been watching Hamster Watch? What is that big smoke bong that they have? Is that like a Peace Pipe or something? What are they smoking? And did you see the video of the "Jack Shack"???? OMG!!! OH MY GOD! Bizarre, but yet, it was something I always wondered about too. Oh and I watched that Coldplay video, What. The. Fuck.?!?!?! IS that really an old lady? That was bizarre and a half.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

the hamster watch kind of ruins big brother, dunnit?

oh well. it's still a hoot to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home