Tuesday, May 03, 2005

"Wow, this really IS an Action-Packed Show" - my night with the Wiggles.

Just got back from the Wiggles, but more of that later. First off, Margo called me before we left this morning, sounding like she swallowed an orange whole or something - "check my blog" she choked out, and I knew - Rosie had posted. Well, had we been born again, I would have described it as a halellulah time. So that was totally cool. It completely tops my email from Judy Blume or Jennifer Weiner or my third-hand discussion with Tuck and Patti. So, that was the excitement for the morning.
We went to Saskatoon today and took Keryn - Kim stayed home with Grandma. It was a fun day - took her to Toys R Us, where I snuck around and bought her birthday presents, and then we let her pick out a toy - she chose the Fairytopia Barbie. We also picked out a Dora bathtub thing for Kim. We took her to Rachel's Uncle Pete and his boyfriend Darwin's, and visited for a while, and then took her to Fuddruckers, and to Old Navy and Costco, and then the Wiggles. We met Rach's sister and her husband there, along with their son, who is 12 hours older than Keryn. She LOVED the Wiggles, and so did we. LOL, it was so funny - you can tell we so don't get out anymore or have any frame of reference for anything since we've had kids, because Rach turned to me and said "This sure is an action-packed show". LOLOL, she just meant that there was a whole bunch more shit happening than we thought, but it sounded so funny, so I said "sure is, Ma Kettle." Anyway, I had a moment too - Keryn was just so excited and of course you know me, I melt when I watch the kids filled with wonder and such, so I got all weepy watching her clapping and dancing.... I am telling you, I need Paxil or whatever the hip stabilizer drug is of the moment. So then I had to buy her a shirt, and Kim a shirt, and a hat, and I am such a frigging pushover when it comes to my kids.... but they are only young once, and damnit, I will spoil them and let them know they are worth all the gold in the world now, and then hopefully they will take that with them when they choose partners and pick someone who is worthy of them. Ok, diatribe over.
So we found this AWESOME trampoline at Costco, but it was almost 800 dollars, and I mean, if I had 800 dollars, I'd be jumping on the fucking thing already. We wanted to get one for the kids, but one with the side thingys so they can't fall off.... ah well, we'll see what we can do, and see if we can find a cheap one.
OMG, Marie Osmond is on TOny Danza right now, and she looks freaky - kinda like a white Janet Jackson with a chubby face again. What the hell she is on here talking about I have no idea...
HEY, whatever happened to.... Jimmy Osmond? Robby Benson? the James at 15/16 dude? The cast of Apple's Way? The ugly kid who played Adrienne Barbeau's son on Maude? The entire family in the Jets?
Hey, remember the Jets? Crush on You, You Got it All, etc.? I used to change the words to "You Got it All" when I was a teenager - I was in love with this person - Veronica. She had this boyfriend who she broke up with 42 times a year and cheated on him constantly, and she had a drinking problem too, but I thought she was the cat's ass... dunno why, and I was always her last-minute, secret person when they broke up, but I was too stupid to realize I was being used. So, her boyfriend was named Glen, and I'd change the HIM in the song to Glen and sing "You got it all over GLEN, honey it's true, there's just you.... you got it all, all over glennnn....." LOL, if that isn't a pathetic admission, I dunno what is.
Hey, Pete and Darwin told us of a Gene Simmons sighting. His woman's mother lives in Saskatoon, so he's always there, and they saw him get out of a pink cadaillac a couple weeks ago. Is Gene selling Mary Kaye??
Oh, one more HEY - I am going to the fucking "Gala" - just in case they do a Joni tribute - I have 10th row floor seats.... LOL, it is so going to suck, but I'll post more about that tomorrow, as it is getting late.
Ok, really gotta get to bed, although I feel longwinded. Oh, Roxanne has the funniest title ever - "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle" - I have been pissing myself at that since yesterday. I gotta try that one on Sharon. I'll yell it and stomp out of the room.
Ok, have a great day tomorrow - don't mention Idol, as we have it taped and haven't watched it, so we will be behind tomorrow.
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia here in Seattle--- your blog leaves me exhausted. You younguns sure do get around. I met (via tv) the Wiggles when they were at the 'crockman's zoo. Little "Bendi" went crazy for them. Today is my BD so lot's of dinners to attend. Just what this fat girl needs. ro's blog tody is awesome. Thanks for sharing your life. CC

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have called me from the wiggles and left me a voicemail of one of the songs..:)
So who are you going to the Gala with? You should take your mom since she is such a Royal follower. It could be her mothers day present.

The RO thing was cool, but not as cool as the Judy Blume thing.Ro only commented because I thought I was banned or something. Judy actually wrote you..( I don't know who Jennifer Weiner is so I guess Ro tops that lol)
Come on your talking about the woman who wrote 'God its me Margaret' And who could forget 'Forever' the coming of age story that the Librarian in Junior High kept behind the counter cause it has sex in it.. lol

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember reading "Forever" in 7th Grade when I stayed home from school sick one day. I wasn't allowed, so it was even more thrilling! I love Judy Blume...Summer Sisters is a great book! One of my favorites!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home