Sunday, April 24, 2005

Musings on Larry Hagman's Craziness, and Keryn's reaction to the new baby (What does One have to do with the other? Nothing)

I've got a fucking headcold, so this is gonna be quick - two things: First, I bought a stack of old People magazines at Value Village - I love old magazines and newspapers, and I collect them - especially love the 70's and 80's, probably because I tend to live in the past. Anyhooo, one of them was from 1995 or something and had Larry Hagman on the cover, talking about his liver transplant in his own words. Well, I just have to say this - the man is fucking crazy. I don't mean zany, I mean CRAY-ZAY. The thing that annoyed me was he says in one breath that he drank too much, but then he says he was never drunk, and his wife says she has seen him drunk once and that was it. Well, he admits to drinking a bottle of champagne in the morning, and another in the afternoon, and then vodka before dinner, then wine with dinner, and I mean, are they crazy? So then, when he gets his tumor, he blames the radar tower outside his house. I think his wife has it ass-backwards. No, you don't mean you've never seen him drunk, but instead you haven't seen him sober. THEN, in this spread, he's wearing costumes, but they don't say WHY, so there he is, wearing this jestor's costume, smiling like a son of a bitch, and then another shot of him and his assistant, and he's wearing a priest's costume, and I mean, he's just crazy. I remember reading in the Andy Warhol Diaries (MUST READ IT - I read it every 2 years or so) that he ran into Hagman golfing naked or something, and I thought he was just drunk, but obviously, he's just crazy. Man, Connie Chung would be rolling over in her grave if she saw Larry Hagman in the jestor's costume (LOL, sorry, just trying to create a new nonsense buzz-phrase - remember, I love Connie, so no offense to her, and I hope she lives to be 112).

Ok, just had to share that crappola with someone. We told Keryn today about the baby. She was so excited, it was so cute (yeah, I know, that was a comma splice, but I ain't bein' picky about sentence construction here). She keeps hugging Rach's belly and said, when we were going out for brunch and she was going to grandma's "Tell everyone in the restaurant about the baby!" - we were meeting my family (and no we didn't take the kids because they wanted to go to grandma's). At supper she asked if mommy's tummy felt funny when she ate because of the baby, and then she asked if the baby was chewing mommy's food. Before bed she asked if the baby was drinking mama's iced tea. Oh my baby is so damn sweet, and of course Kim copies everything she says, so it was just classic. Ooooh, my lil' Kim isn't going to be the baby anymore - that's sorta sad that she will appear so grown up when the babe comes.
It's my parents 48th anniversary tomorrow (hence the brunch). I was very crabby today and with the full moon tomorrow (think it's the full moon) and shit, I'll be a basket case. Rach's relative (can't really explain how they are related, but let's just say she's her dad's cousin's wife, I think) has cancer and doesn't have long to live. her folks went to see her tonight and I feel melancholy now too, to boot. So, I am going to go jump in the tub and get my flat little arse to bed.
Have a great week everyone and remember, it's not as bad as it seems (LOL, maybe some positive talk will get me outta the full-moon funk - As my father Abe Vagoda used to say - LOL - sorry, I'm tired....
xo
JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home