Monday, May 02, 2005

Just a Pile of Nothing

Well, thank the good lord that Monday is almost over. It was one frigging long day. I don't know if I mentioned last week that I caught a cold - well, anyway, I had a cold and it went away remarkably fast - I was patting myself on the back for my homeopathy or naturopathy or whatever you call it guru, since I was sucking zinc lozenges and chewing vitamin C and whatever else. Well, I wake up this morning with a scratchy throat, and I am feeling like I am getting a full-blown, achy boned cold now. Lovely. Fuck that natural shit - I shoulda just rubbed Vicks all over me like a stripper with baby oil, called in sick, and watched 12 hours of Maury doing paternity tests. THEN I am sure that would have prevented this THING from coming on. Ah, but then again, everyone at the party I went to was fevered and shit, so that's probably where I picked this delightful shit up from. Oh, and one more illness thingy - I've had this infected index finger for like a week - it's been swollen and sore, I so I knew it was infected somehow, but didn't do anything until today. I was sitting at my desk, contempating the number of perferations on my band-aid, and then I thought "just lance the fucking thing, JT - don't be such a fucking pussy" - so, like some hillbilly, I grabbed a push-pin off my bulletin board, poked the thing, squeezed it, washed it, and bandaged it. Well, then after that I was talking to some coworkers upstairs - who are nurses - and I mentioned what I did, and they freaked out, and said I was going to get blood poisoning and whatnot. LOL, so you know what I did? I came home and took some left-over penicillin from this winter that I never ever did take. Yes, it is because of me that everyone is resistent to antibiotics now. But no, seriously, I never take antibiotics, and I had these ones that I had no real reason to take (overzealous doctor) so I took them now. I'll never do it again. Anyway, it's a bitch to type with this finger tonight.
We both have tomorrow off of work. We are going to see the Wiggles in Saskatoon. If you don't know who the Wiggles are, you don't have young children. They were the richest entertainers down under this year, over Nicole Kidman even. Google them, and you'll know what we are going to. Anyway, we are making a day of it. Kim will stay home with the grandparents, and Keryn will get a whole day with us. I am so looking forward to it, so I hope this stupid cold thing just miraculously disappears. She was so grouchy tonight I was afraid she was getting sick or something, so cross your fingers - she was crying at everything.
So I was thinking of the movie 9 1/2 Weeks today... I remember seeing it when it first came out, and thinking it was just the most erotic thing ever. Margo and I both loved it. Now, I am thinking, wtf.... it was the stupidest thing ever... and you know, when they are getting busy in the fridge and pouring honey and stuff all over each other, all I would think about is who will clean that frigging mess up. Because we all know that nothing would be less appealing following a post-coital moment than saying "wow, that was wonderful baby, now let's grab some sponges and some Comet and scrub that maple syrup off the floor." I dunno, maybe I am just not very adventurous or something.
Anyway, gotta run.
JT

4 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the SAME thing when I saw 9 1/2 weeks!! A huge food mess in the kitchen is not my idea of erotic!
Just watch for a red line going up your arm, that is how you know if you have blood poisoning...you gotta get to the hospital before the line hits your heart. I hope that is true because if it's an old wives' tale, I will feel like a dork!
Have fun at the Wiggles! I am going to Kalan Porter on Monday with my girls. I will be bringing ear plugs as girls in groups tend to squeal...

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a panick about the ominious red line. I was sure I was going to drop dead. You should definitely check it out lil buddy. Its serious stuff.

Stay safe :)

M

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how was the wiggles? Did they live up to the hype?
Inquiring minds want to know.

M

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How the hell did you zoom past 820 posts.. man. are you holding your own little Blogathon?...

Now the gloves are coming off my friend.
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home