Thursday, April 21, 2005

Joni's Coming Home, and I Pray I Don't Have Cat Scratch Fever (or any other Ted Nugent-related Malady)

Ok, first thing - BIG fucking dilema - It's the Saskatchewan Centennial this year, and there is this much ado about nothin' "gala" in Saskatoon May 19th - A bunch of odds and ends of Sask. performers, such as Colin James, Leslie Neillson, Buffy Saint Marie, Andrea Menard, and I dunno... whatever.. much ado about nothing I said. So they can't sell the fucking tickets to this stupid thing, but yesterday, they announce Joni will be there, not singing, and conflicting reports of what she'll be doing. At first this afternoon, the website said co host with Brent Butt, and then that was changed, and supposed to be some tribute to her somehow, but it could be she will just be sitting there with her parents. So it's murky. I can get 9th row floor tickets right now, but the corker is they are 125 dollars each - Rachel doesn't want to go, and if I told her how much tickets were, she would throw up. Also, I just bought Wiggles tickets, Jann Arden tickets, and hell, haven't paid the frigging phone bill yet this month, and have to order sod soon, and on and on.... so do I go? Do I just buy two tickets? What if I am never in the same room as Joni again? FUCK, TELL ME WHAT TO DO...... Holy, I swear a little much on here - sorry.
Ok, I guess I'll have to figure it out. Now, for the cat story. Molly was getting shots today. So we took her, and we brought Keryn who was all excited to be at the vet. Well, they know Molly very well because she was very sick a few years back and almost died... it was a miracle she made it through. So they refer to her as the miracle cat, and its sort of a big deal when she comes in because her illness almost shut down her kidneys and her muscle mass deteriorated, and now she's a little chunky, and healthy... SO, we are chatting and all is good, and they give the first shot and she freaks.... we can't get her to calm down for the other shot, so they try to muzzle her... she freaks more... they give me big gloves to put on to hold her... she lunges at me... her eyes start watering... her mouth starts foaming.... so she goes and gets the other vet and tells us to leave, and they try wrapping her in a blanket. So we sit in the waiting room, and the cat is howling, hissing, yowling, a good 5 minutes. People are staring at the door, all freaked out, and I am so embarrassed, and I am sitting there bleeding from my knuckles like a son of a bitch... so they had to put her in a kennel to go home and I just kept saying "but she's really nice... honest". Oh yeah, she also pissed all over the place too, I guess. It was funny - had to be there. I still am choking on cat hair. Next year, she's being sedated first.
So that's the day.
OH, and what, pray tell me, is the deal with Janu???? Fucking people who go on reality tv and then pretend to enlighten themselves. It's about the money, peoples.... and if they are too fucking stupid to vote Tom off, well, they deserve to lose. Oh yeah, that blonde bitch has to go. Greg's girlfriend. Has to go right now....
So that's all, I have nothing in my tonight to be creative. I gotta go shower this cat hair off of me from the trauma of this afternoon......
Talk Tomorrow - tgif like you can't frigging believe....
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off. Go to Joni.you will be regretting it and kicking yourself in butt for the next 10 yrs.. Treat yourself, she is after all your 'Joni'.
I can totally relate with the cat incident. You know how bad my dog is, having to get put under to get a hair cut.. You should have seen the cluster fuck that happened when they were trying to get blood from him for blood tests. Its way harder than just giving a shot b/c they have to find a vein. So I am holding him, and the Vet tries his front leg, (keeping in mind he is wooly has hell because he was in dire need of said haircut). Well she makes a valiant effort. I am thinking she's crazy thinking she can do this considering the reason for the blood work was to prepare to be put under for a simple hair cut. Anyways she calls in another person to help me hold him. Still no go. So she tries the back leg after adding another helper. So at this point we have me, the receptionist,the Vet, and the assistant all trying to get blood from my retarded dog. Well only after adding the other Vet did we have any luck. So it took 4 people holding him and a Vet taking the blood.. So don't feel too bad my friend. lol

I agree completely, why are the survivor people so dumb. They should always get rid of the strongest people after the merge.. Tom will win the game if they don't get rid of him..
Don't you think Janu looked like an ethiopian.. She was deathly thin..

m

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely go to Joni...you will completely regret it if you don't! If you don't have any hangups about going alone, then do that and you will still be able to pay your phone bill!
Sorry about your cat, I bet it was a sight to see though! I can relate, my dog is so disfunctional, you have no idea!
I think there may be a big Survivor upset next week...it seems like Steph might try to wrangle the other ladies...I hope so! Tom and Greg need to go buh-bye. I agree that little Cameron Diaz look alike has got to go. She and Katie were essentially useless on that challenge. Janu was right to lay down her torch, after her barfing incident and giving up after 6 frigging minutes, she is a disgrace to Survivors! (I couldn't do it either but that is why I watch from the comfort of my family room!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home