Thursday, April 28, 2005

My Day Mall Watching

Well, back at home - snug as a bug in a rug. Ah, whatever. So, ok, Survivor - they all fucking deserve to be voted off for not going against Tom. So fucking stupid. But whatever, it's their own fault. And Caryn - I've cheered for her since day one, but after tonight - bye bye sister. She is so stupid. Ah, they just drive me crazy. And I won't be happy until I see Gregg's sorry ass get booted out of the island.
Now on The Apprentice - who would have thought that Greg and Kendra would actually make it through a task. Boardroom is on right now - looks like my Tana is going to be gone. Shit, she was the one I was cheering for. Alex should be gone. Ah well, whatever, she'll still get to drive her pink Cadaillac (is that how you spell it?) as Mary Kay woman of the year. Hey, forgive me for being asshole-ish sounding, and it may not be true, but why, in the past, did Mary Kay sellers always look so clownish? My cousin used to sell it, but holy shit, she looked like a clownfish - but who am I to say anything about anyone, because I ain't exactly Willie Ames.
TANA MADE IT! YEEEE HAWWW! ok, enough.
So I had a shitty sleep last night, and so I was dead tired today at my meeting. Met a friend for lunch at Tony Roma's, but they buggered up my meal or something. I got the BBQ beef sandwich thing, which is usually swimming in sauce, but this one had nothing on it, and so it was so dry I was having trouble swallowing it, and of course they don't give you a bottle of ketchup on the table but just those little thingys like Red Lobster does, so I couldn't even put anything on it to make it more juicy. And of course since it was Janet's turn to buy, I didn't want to look like I didn't like my lunch but I kept thinking I was going to choke.
So then I was getting ready to leave Regina, and Rach calls me and says she has a craving for Edo and could I pick her up some. Edo for those who don't know is just this Japanese food court place, and we don't have one where we live. So, I can't deny the pregnant love of my life, so I told her I would wait and drive home the long way through Saskatoon and pick it up there. So I drive to Saskatoon and pick up the food and while I am waiting, I fell prey to my usual mall-staring-trying-to-figure-out-people daze. Wait, let me back up. I gotta pee in the mall, so I find a bathroom and it's upstairs down this long hallway - really out of the way. I get in there, and suddenly I felt like I was in a bad movie - this fucking GANG of thugs is sitting there on the sinks, and some are in the stalls and I never, NEVER ever feel unsafe when I am by a group of kids, but this was like a gang. So I am peeing and trying to watch my back, and just got the fuck out of there. Freaked the shit out of me.... I dunno how many there were, and I dunno, they coulda just been waiting for their friend to take a dump or something, but it freaked me out.
So then I am waiting for the food and then just get obsessed with the people in the food court. So this guy and his son are waiting for their food, and the wife comes and says something to them and I swear she is wearing a wig. Her hair was multi-colored and was just too... I don't know... just too.. MUCH or something. I am sure it was a wig. So then I start thinking "why is she wearing a wig? Is it cancer? She looks too healthy for cancer" and on and on... then I see where they are sitting and she's got this daughter with her who would be like 8 at most, with glasses and long blond hair, dressed in pink and just looks so sweet, and I get this lump in my throat thinking "OMG, I hope that's the mom's real hair, she can't have cancer, that poor sweet girl can't lose her mom" and I swear, I am all choked up watching this littler girl eat her fries and thinking of my kids, and how children don't deserve any shit, and I swear, if I was a millionaire, I woulda just walked over to those people and paid their mortgage off or something.... LOL, all this from someone perhaps wearing a wig. So I try to divert myself from these people, because I realize I am insane, and then I see these two girls, maybe 18, sitting with their friend who must be a Muslim or something - she had a babooshka on her head - I don't know what they call that in Islam. So she's got this thing on her head, and then her phone rings, and she can't even take it off to talk on the phone, so then I start wondering what her life is like and what her goals are and that diverted me, and that got me bored, so then I see this guy on his supper break from Jack Fraser or something, and he was injured or something - his nose was squashed, so you just know I wanted to find out what happened to his nose. Oh and the reason the food took so long was because the Edo guys were flirting with these two African girls - I think they were from Sudan - and so the line wasn't moving because the guy wouldnt stop talking to one of them, and her jeans were so tight, I just wondered how one got those things off, because I have never seen such tight jeans, and I then wondered how they got to Canada, and what language they were speaking, and so I was completely lost in my mall madness.
Went to Costco and bought a bunch of strawberries and bread and iced tea and whatever. I am just typing for the sake of typing it looks like. Thank God tomorrow is Friday. We have a party to go to tomorrow night and I really don't feel like going now. Ah, but we have to.... but I am just too tired this week to be social. Anyway, I am going to jump in the shower and get to bed.
Have a good Friday,
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't people watching fun.. I hate mall bathrooms. If there was ever a place to get mugged that would be it.. They are always way off the beaten track, down a long empty hallway or something. I would have been freaked out too.

So where is your post this mornign.. I was hoping to read your thoughts before I went off to clean today.. :(

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I am still waiting.. What do you have a life or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home