Monday, May 16, 2005

Rob and Amber for INXS! Vote Now!

Ok, this will be short - it's late. My kids napped today... until we came home from work. Need I say more?
So, it was one HELL of a day. I don't even want to get into it. But, all is good now, so that's good enough for me. I am still recovering from the weekend. We had Keryn's 4th birthday party, and you will never guess in a million years what we did - we bought the kids ANOTHER present, and one I never in a million years thought I'd buy - a trampoline. I always have thought they were accidents waiting to happen, so imagine my suprise when I bought it. It's really cool though, and it has an enclosure attached to it so the kids can't fall out. So, our yard looks extra hillbilly now. We still don't have grass back there yet (ordering sod asap), and we have this huge gravel patch that the trampoline is on, and two garden boxes, and then a sandbox and swingset in the sandbox, and a slide attached to our deck for the sandbox... you get the picture. It's like hillbilly Disneyland.
I am having dental trouble. My molar has been really sensitive to cold - like someone is sticking barbed wire into the nerve. I know enough that this means I am on a one-way train to root canal ville, and I have this dental phobia, where a cleaning makes me panic..... fuck, i should just get dentures or something and save me the grief.......
So Survivor - as much as I hate Tom, he deserved it. And Ian.... can we say FUCKING IDIOT? Man oh man, that dork just fell off the turnip truck...
Oh, Keryn got the American Idol Barbie for her birthday.... the karaoke thing with it only sings one song - the chorus from "Oops I did it Again" by Britney, and it's all we have heard since yesterday. I am starting to channel Britney I think. Hey, her reality show starts on Wednesday. Honest to goodness..... I am just too tired to even quip on that (or that Hilfiger one starting). OMG, and did y'all see the commercial for the new Mark Burnett one - choose the new singer for INXS???? Michael Hutchence must be rolling over in his grave.... hell, Connie Chung would be too, if she were dead (yes, I know, it's not even funny, my Connie Chung thing, but I can't let it go.... I keep thinking if I keep saying it, it will turn funny). So like, how pathetic is that???? Does the world NEED anymore INXS? And I really LOVED INXS back in the day - I remember buying "Original Sin" on 12". LOL, that was solely because I had this thing for Black girls and the chorus was "dream on black girl, dream on white boy....". Oh Margo, I forgot about that stage of my life, the whole ethnic thing.... I remember you wrote in my grade 12 yearbook "well JT, you should have been Black...." Anyway, I really liked INXS. God, now I wanna listen to "Listen Like Thieves" right now. But you know, old Hutchence was married to that freaky woman who was married to Bob Geldof before, and they had all those kids with the funny names. And did he kill himself, or was it that autoerotic strangulation shit that was rumored? Man, I remember Oprah did a show on the strangulation thing years ago, and wouldn't mentioned what the act was, so guys wouldn't try it. I mean, I don't fucking get it at all - I can think of many easier ways to have an orgasm than strangle myself - Like, if you are choking your neck, you got it all ass-backwards.... lol, sorry, bad taste, but whatever. Ah, sometimes I just think that the world has gone completely crazy, I really do. Perhaps Rob and Amber could go in that one too - I am sure they could slip some Drano in the other competetor's tea to destroy their vocal cords.....
So I have the chance to go see the Queen tomorrow - She'll be in Regina and I was invited to go, but her stopover is like 1/2 hour, and we would basically only get a glimpse, and that would mean that I wouldn't get home until 10 pm or so, so I don't think I'll do it. They actually wanted me to hand out flags to the people, but I declined. Besides, the old biddy will be at the "Gala" on Thursday. I can't believe I am going to that stupid thing, all in hopes of seeing Joni. Ah well, whatever. So, I probably won't go see the queen tomorrow - a coworker is begging me to go with her but I just don't wanna give up my night.... lol, selfish bugger, aren't I?
Oh, still on the diet. I've discovered that I am in love with Lean Cuisines - I've been eating them since the weekend. Damn good, although I could fit the whole fucking portion in my mouth at once....
Anyway, I need to post this so I can search for lightbulbs online. I can't remember if I posted that my under counter lights have these stupid bulbs that I can't find anywhere, but I tracked some down in the states, so I am going to see if they ship to Canada.... yes, my life is full of odd curiousities.
Have a great Tuesday,
xo
JT

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe they would have a show to try to replace Michael Hutchins.. That is sacriligeous.(sp?).. The rest of the band must be hard up for money or something.. I refuse to watch that out of respect for Michael..
So who is going to the queen gala thing with you? Are you going alone. I hope you get the Joni moment you are looking for.

Oh congrats on the trampoline.. YOu do realize that getting a trampoline is like drawing bees to honey.. Every kid within a 5 mile radius will be drawn to your house... It will never be quiet again..
BE Strong.

M

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post JT! We considered a trampoline but all my neices and nephews that have them have all suffered broken bones because of them! Plus, I had a bad belly-flop experience in high school, my frigging neck is still sore!

I've been reading "Magical Thinking" all evening...OMG too funny! I LOVED the cleaning lady story!

I really wanted Ian to win, I know Tom deserved it, but in a cross-eyed, skinny freak sort of a way, I thought Ian was adorable. He should have been slapped for being dumb enough to fall for the guilt trip Katie and Tom put him on. Dumb move. At least he got a car.

I also panic at the dentist. Find one that can give you IV sedation! My dentist gives me enough Valium to take down a logger, but all it does is take me to normal, so obviously I am completely out of control with panic when I visit him.

I hope you get to see Joni...that would be cool. We expect a full report of any Joni sightings!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Brian said...

First of all, I hope that Keryn's b-day party was great. I love Trampolines...but I am kinda of scared of them! I am such a freak about heights. You should see me on an airplane!

The reality show to find a replacement for Michael Huchins is just retared. Next thing we know there will a reality show to replace friggn Oprah!

I hope so much that you get the chance to see JONI! I understand, totally, your obsession!

Let me know what happens!!! My email address is briansh75@sbcglobal.net

Brian

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did it say I was anonymous? Crazy!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JT!!
How's that tooth? I can attest to "Anonymous'" claim about IV sedation - I'm her dental assistant!!! Wondered why "Anonymous" was sounding so much like Roxanne! I've been catching up on your blog for almost two hours now - haven't had much time on the computer lately. Think the last time I was here was the inception of the Alberta fan club! Your comments about your kids are echoes of how I feel about my boys who are 10 and 8 now. Being a parent is life changing but only in the very best way. It's an awesome task to hope you can give them all the tools they will need to succeed in all aspects of their lives. It's humbleing (sp?) to realize how much they can teach you, too. Thanks for the candy memories! We used to have contests to see who could put the most pieces of Bubble Yum in their mouth at one time - GAG!!! Hubba Bubba is the craze around my house these days. I fondly remember Sweetarts - did you ever try those big honking ones that you licked until your tongue bled?! Good luck with Joni on Thursday! One of these days I'll have time to start my own blog instead of living vicariously thru everyone elses!!!
Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home