Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Idol, a Funny Kid-pooping-on-the-floor story, and Judy Blume books, all in one post, for the low price of $19.99

Well slap my ass and call me Judy, Scott is FINALLY gone, but I have to admit I didn't mind him this week. Just watched that ABC thing on Idol, and they must be pissed at Fox for scooping them and beating them by putting on Trading Spouses before Wife Swap, and the same for the Nanny shows.... man, this thing is sleazy. I mean, give me a fucking break. If Paula Abdul was going to take a shine to me and whatever, who cares? As I said, she is so loopy half the time, who is to say one would be wise to listen to her. And I mean, nobody held a gun to his head and told him to take his dick out of his pants, so like cry me a frigging river. But you know, I remember when he did Foolish Heart, because I hated the guy up until then, and I turned to Rachel that night and said "what a genius song to do" - lol, now i know where he got the idea (or idear as Simon would say). But enough of that foolishness.... what happened to Steve Perry, anyway? I'd like to start a magazine and just have extensive interviews with people who have sorta disappeared... Steve Perry, Terri Nunn, the girls from Gimme a Break and Hello Larry...
So tonight was funny in the parent 'hood. We are both dead fucking tired because of the Wiggle's trip last night, but I got up and went to the northern community of La Ronge for a career fair, a 2 hour drive through thick forest, with no towns on the way. I was dodging damn deer all over the highway. It was nerve-wracking. Anyhooo, I got home all tired, and Rachel is all tired from just being pregnant (12 weeks tomorrow - whooo hoooo, 1st trimester over), and so I did my usual quick clean up and bed making when I got home, and started supper, and the kids are just being destructive like heck for some reason. They also have no pants on for some reason, probably because their Wiggles shirts were long like dresses. I make supper (just BBQ'ed some hot dogs and salad and beans) and then Keryn says she doesn't like hot dogs, salad, or beans, and so then Rachel is all stressed so she makes some Itchiban noodles for her, which delays supper. Then neither kid wants to eat anything, and they are crawling all over us, and the dog is whining for scraps, and so Rachel starts laughing about how we can't just ever have a relaxed meal, and then she said "they made us waste 38 cents worth of noodles, after I spent 2 minutes cooking this healthy dinner" and we were just pissing ourselves laughing. Then the neighbor calls and says she is coming over to give us a flier about her craft sale, and of course we have a mess, so we are trying to clean up quickly. Anyway, Kim suddenly goes "Daddy... poop" and then I pick her up and this poop plops out onto the floor. So Rach tries to pick up this poop, and I am trying to wipe her bum, and then anyway, after we are sitting on the couch and Keryn says to me "daddy, is that poop on your leg" and I am all "gee, I don't know honey" and run to the bathroom to discover that Kim got poop on my leg and my shorts, so then I am yelling "bath time... NOW!"
Oh man, you had to be here.... but I wouldn't trade parenthood for all the tea in China. One cool thing tonight was that we finally got the new tv channels, and one is muchmoreretro, which is commercial free retro videos. So I was so excited, but even cooler was the other channel, BPM, which is dance music, but they have this one hour where it is all 80s dance songs, which are my favorite. It was almost like seeing New York Hot Tracks with Carlos deJesus - does ANYONE remember that show, Saturday nights, they'd play dance videos, and broadcast from these clubs in New York and New Jersey? I sometimes think I made the whole show up in my head. So they played "Holiday" which brought me back to grade 8, and "Let the Music Play" and a whole pile of other stuff.
So Margo and Roxanne posted today about Judy Blume and how they loved Forever when they were in grade 7. That stems from my mention about how Judy Blume emailed me a couple years ago - I'll post about that another time, as I should wrap this up soon. Anyway, the Forever thing must be more a girl thing, because it's a good book, but it always made me sad because they broke up. I owned every Judy Blume and Norma Klein book, but the first adult Judy I read was "Wifey" in Grade 8. Whoa! I had that thing bookmarked all over the place. Forever was a good read, but in terms of the sex, which is what I think Margo was alluding to, wasn't really anything much. But Wifey, damn baby, it taught me a lot when I was 13. I also had all my mom's Jackie Collin's stashed away, and I read Hollywood Wives when I was 14, hidden in my basement. I also remember "Chances" was good - that one was bookmarked too... lol, of course we had the Anonymous "Her" "Him" "Us" "Them" "We" books that were good. Thank God my mother loved smut, becuase I woulda never learned a damn thing otherwise. My father had this Playboy with Vanna White in it, but I mean.. Vanna White? Even a 14 year old isn't THAT desparate....
But back to Judy. "Smart Women" is my favorite I think - I really love that book, and read it every year or so. And the same with Summer Sisters. I fucking love that book - it amazes me that she can still somehow catch my generation and be so in tune to everything, pop culture and all. It also takes place in Santa Fe and the Vineyard, the two places I've always dreamed of living. You know, in all those romantic notions I've had since I was 10, hanging out with the artsy fartsy crowd in Santa Fe and then living in a lighthouse or something on the Vineyard, having dinner with Carly Simon one night, James Taylor on another.... lol, yeah, I'm crazy. But SUmmer Sisters, awesome read - so I urge y'all to get Jennifer Weiner's Good in Bed - funniest damn thing.
Well, better get to bed, it's midnight again - middddnight... raining outside... you must be soaking weeeeet..... LOL, sorry, that reminded me of that old Yaz song.
oh, Mr Cabdriver is on right now, gotta go watch.
Seacrest Out.
JT

5 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Ok...I saw your post on Rosie's blog and I almost pissed myself! Then, I read some of your blog and I laughed until I hurt. You are fucking hilarous! I used to always be considered as the "funniest guy"...someone who should be a "stand up comic"...I think I realized that my blog is definitely too damn depressing!!!! You rock...love everything about your blog!!!

Brian

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Brian said...

By the way...Superfudge was my favorite Judy Blume Book as a kid. Fitting considering your pooping on the floor story!

 
At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO.. The poop story is hilarious.. lol.
I think Forever is girl thing, I don't know any girl in junior high who didn't read it.
I had forgot about superfudge.. i loved that book too.

M

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Who flung dung?

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always say, you're not a real parent until you have been pooped on! I remember being pooped on when our oldest was like a week old. My hubby just kept laughing and running away from me when I was chasing him with this shit-covered baby squealing "Take her! Take her!" He wasn't laughing so hard when it happened to him!! haha!
I just finished reading the memoir "Running With Scissors" by Augusten Burroughs....what an amazing read! Such a wild, wild tale, it has to be the truth! Surreal! I highly recommend it! I am going to reserve his sequel to it called "Dry"...I think it will be as good as the first!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home