Thursday, May 19, 2005

In da House with Joni, Momentarily anyway

Ok, can't post about the thing in detail because it's midnight, but let me say that it was AWESOME. Only a slight Joni sighting, really, but still, unbelievable. We were 10th row on the floor, aisle seats, and on our way down there, they kept checking our tickets as we went along - 4 times. Finally we figure out it's because the fucking Queen of England will be down by us - the Royal Box is next to our row. So we were 11 seats away from the Queen. When she came in, Libby was too short to see her because we all had to stand, so I picked her up....lol, pure hillbilly. Anyway, the thing was fucking unreal. Just awesome, I am sorry for mocking it. At the end, they all got on stage, all like 100s of people performing, and did this medley of Joni songs, and then the audience starts singing, and then suddenly Joni is standing there and everyone freaks and stands up, and then these mounties move in front of the stage, and suddenly the frigging queen is on stage and her posse and they are shaking hands with Joni, and then work their way down the line, and the thing wraps up, so it was like 10 minutes in the room with her basically, but whatever, it was awesome. But I am watching it right now because it was televised, and there is this hideous shot of me looking like I am picking my nose. I hear we were on here a couple times, so I wanna check it out.
Margo, I gotta admit, Andrea Menard was great - unreal, as much as I didn't want to admit that, either. And there is this sista girl from Saskatoon who you'd dig, some blues-ey guitar woman, I'll check what her name is.
ok, more tomorrow, gotta hit the hay.
TGIF
xo
JT
p.s. thanks Margo for the pics of us on your blog...LOLLLLLLLLLL

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed it. I didn't realize that it was going to be televised, and came across it around 915. I was flipping between it and the OC. I did try to look for you didn't see you though. I didn't realize you had such good seats.. thats pretty cool you were rubbing elbows with the queen..
I am glad you got a enjoy a Joni moment however short it may have been. :)

M

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh JT, I'm so glad you had a good time! I flicked to it on the tube a couple of times, then it occured to me that I didn't really have any ability to pick you out of a crowd, since I have only seen one picture of you and Lord knows when that was taken!

It never fails when you mock something, it turns out being way better than anything you would have dreamed it being! haha! Oh well, some of us are just mockers! *(guilty!!)

Looking forward to hearing more about this amazing adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home