Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Two for the Price of One

Wow, took 24 hours to publish yesterday's post. So, it's two for the price of one tonight. Anyway, short one tonight. Just had to comment on what a loser I am. So, as I mentioned before, I take Keryn to the library on Wednesdays for storytime - well, LOL, I took her once, and then it was cancelled the next week for Easter, and then last week we couldn't go, so tomorrow will be her second time. However I don't know if she'll sit by herself, because apparently, after 3 weeks, the parents aren't allowed in with the kids. Don't get me started, because I was so mad at the library and was going to boycott, but we'll give it one more try - I mustn't enable my baby in her shyness, I know, I know... Anyhooo, I thought I better finally take the books back that we've had out since... hell, I dunno - FALL? Oh, I should back up - I've had a book out for like a year, on my card, a terrible book called Invisible Eden, and it was so damn boring - true crime thing, and boring... just hideous. I read something in Vanity Fair on it and thought it would be good, but good lord, snoozefest. So anyway, my sister Leslie found it here in the fall in the book room (office or whatever you wanna call it, but it's got 4 7-foot shelves of books, so I just say bookroom) and read it, so I was hoping she had it. Well, she says she brought it back here. I couldn't find it tonight, so I just gathered all of Keryn's books, grabbed my library card, Rachel's card, and Keryn's card and went down there and said "just tell me what's not returned and the fines". Well, the poor librarian almost couldn't break the news to me, she was so sad. Get this: I lost the book, which is a $30 replacement fee, so in total, I have.... drumroll please.... $99 in library fines. Rachel has $54. Keryn has none. I was mortified. I felt like some dumb hillbilly who can't return books or something: "Duh, do you mean we take them back? I was fixin' to keep them and put in the fire so as we can be cookin' vittles, yes I was..." So, my immediate thought was "well, Keryn can still take books out, so right on, Rachel can pay her own damn fines, and I must find the boring book somewhere." OMG though, how stupid can we be? Like, we can't ever take library books back? My God, I am so mortified. So, yes, it's official - I am a loser.
Missed Amazing Race yet again. So I missed the two last week, and tonight. I give up, I really do. Maybe OLN will do a marathon or something before the season is up. I'll devote myself to Big Brother this summer though. Watched Idol tonight - That blond girl that Simon has the hard-on for had potential but she screwed the song up - "Love is a Battlefield". I didn't know what the hell lyrics were popping out of her mouth. Oh, and they loved the Ukrainian but I thought he was terrible. And Scott - terrible. But Constantine, as much as I don't want to like him - damn baby, he pulled off Bohemian Rhapsody somehow. But holy moly, Paula is drunk all the time or something strange. I can't figure it out. Hey, Hall and Oates were in the audience!!!!! If anyone reads this, I love Hall and Oates, by the way.
Speaking of music, I have had the annoying chorus from "Moonlight Feels Right" going through my head all day. It is driving me crazy. Especially since those are the only words I know, and then that weird keyboard riff that sounds like some strange xylophone. I bought the Joni Mitchell compilation "Dreamland" today because if I don't own everything she puts out, I feel disloyal. LOL, but it's a strange frigging compilation - I can't figure out why this group of songs is put together. You know, maybe I think to much, because who really cares about half the things that cross my mind?
Anyway, I am going to throw some clothes in the washer and then I am going up to read the Rat book. Have a wonderful day everyone.
xo
JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home