Monday, April 11, 2005

Too Tired to Think of a Title, and Nobody Reads this Crap Anyway

Read some of the Jann Arden archives today - I still can't believe she actually bought this turkey in a box from Superstore. Everyone knows you don't buy meat from superstore. But, I am glad the whole turkey worked out for her. JANN HONEY, IF YOU ARE RECEIVING MY TELEPATHIC VIBES, DON'T BUY MEAT FROM SUPERSTORE - YOU'D BE SAFER TO EAT ROADKILL. Ok, my warning is sent, I can rest now. But you know, everyone should read Jann Arden's blog. It's good for the soul.
So Tracey Gold was on Oprah tonight blabbing about her drunk driving arrest. I wish she'd just suck it up and say "yeah, it was stupid, I didn't know I was drunk" and move on, but NOOOO, it was all this "I must warn all people" which, yes, is a good thing, and kudos for her. But, Oprah was all "every second of your life and every thing you do is a lesson meant to happen" and it was just driving me crazy. Sorry Ops baby, I sorta agree but I sorta don't. Anyhooo, it was just a tad too much.
OK, two things that annoy me: People who call McDonald's "Mickey D's!" and people who call Walmart "Wally World." Don't ask me why. It just does.
So, we lost a phone. Not just the handset, but the base as well. Our stupid cordless died like 2 months ago, and so we've been using just an old plug-in phone (or LAND LINE) as Margo would call it (which sounds like it should be some big receiver sticking out of a shoebox that we radio in to use from a ship or something). So anyway, when Rach's parents got back from the states, they bought this fancy-dancy new phone and told us to take their old cordless. Well, do you think we have any idea where we put it? We've pulled apart the cars, the garage, the basement, all in the thoughts that it got put with something else when we brought it in, but we can't find it anywhere. I guess the landline will have to suffice....
Oh how I wish it was the weekend. Oh, get this - watched Fear Factor tonight, and I've been really disturbed at how steroidish Joe Rogan looks now. Freakishly puffed out. Well, at Value Village the other day, I bought a stack of magazines and one of them was an old Men's Fitness with none other than Joe on the cover and inside is all his workout tips or some such thing. Well, he is more flexible than a ferret. Seriously, it's gross. He's doing all these stretching things, and he can like stand there and then bend over and touch his chin to his knees. Totally frigging freakish.
Well, I am going to run up and do the tooth ritual and hit the hay. I got my ebay whitener and it seems just as good as the dentist stuff, but perhaps more runny or something, or foamy or something. My teeth are sensitive as a son of a bitch today, so that must be a good sign.... lol.
Ok, off to bed, I'm am pooped out!
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey lil buddy. will be short comment as I am busy as hell at work.
One correction the term land line does not mean corded phone but rather any phone line that is provided using a Copper cable pair. So your cordless phone is indeed a 'Land Line' but your Cell phone would be considered mobile.

Oh I hate the terms Mickey D's and Wally world. In fact I have never uttered them and as God is my witness I never will.
AMEN.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

The use of the term "Mickey D's" is so low rent. It turns my stomach when I hear it.

I also love reading Jann Arden's journal. My personal goal is to get JA to read mine. No luck so far. I watched her on Cityline on Friday. Once again she was sporting a glittering ring on the wedding finger. I know she has some sort of significant other at the moment. Do you think she is pulling a Margo? (This is not based on her concert crowd because if you went by that the answer would most definitely be yes).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home