Saturday, April 09, 2005

p.s. Rosie and I buy pregnancy tests in bulk - Alert the Enquirer!

Ok, yeah, verbal shits yet again, but I just caught up on Rosie and laughed my ass off about her post on buying pregnancy tests. Each time Rachel gets pregnant, I am never satisfied with one - even though I know you really can't screw up a positive and if it's any bit positive, well, the now proverbial rabbit died. So this time, we decided on Valentine's Day to start trying. Rach was just finishing her period then, and we thought it would be a couple of months. So, to get prepared, and to get more Shoppers Optimum points (I am an addict, and have enough for TWO $75 shopping sprees), I bought two life brand tests (500 bonus points) about a week after V Day. Fast forward 4 weeks. Rachel is due to have her period around Thursday, and on Tuesday morning, she feels sort of period-y in the morning and I see her pack a couple Tampax into her bag. Then that night in the kitchen I hugged her and grabbed her waist and she said "oh, no period" and that made me all wondering maybe.... just maybe.... so the next day, still nothing, so I was shopping with the girls in Walmart and grabbed a 2 pack of "First Repsonse" because they can detect the hormone up to 4 days before you are due to get the old visit from Aunt Flo. So we go home, Rach comes home from work, and she takes a test... and the line starts to form. Well, just to make sure, she takes another one later... lol, and another one in the morning... lol, and later that day she asks if I have anything for her to piss on... LOLOL... I somehow think we took 6 tests. Same with Kim and Keryn - With Keryn, we took like 4 or something in like 12 hours and then went to the doctor the same day. With Kim, I think we took at least 4. LOL, with Kim, there was this REALLY loud, chatty snoopy dude who used to work at Shoppers down by my house, and he had comments for everything. Like the one time, I was buying condoms and apparently they were expensive because I got a couple things and he somehow didn't notice I bought them and then when the price was so high he was all "why is this so expensive?" and he then looked in the bag and went "OH!" and got all stupid and I mean, what the fuck do I care, and I just wanted to blurt out "yup, gonna have sex... 12 times, until they are all gone". But anyway, I get him one night when we are trying to get pregnant the second time, and he looks at the test at the till and says "is this good news?" and I mean, I so wanted to just yell "no... no.... my girlfriend is only 12" or something. So, keep this in mind, because the next month, when Rachel really does get pregnant with Kim, and I go to buy the test, I get him again, and he says "yeah... I just sold one of these tonight to a girl who couldn't be more than 14" and I mean, what the hell do I care, because I am so excited and just want to get home and have Rach pee on the stick. I just went "hmmmm, tsk tsk". I made a mental note not to go there if my hemoroid ever came back, because I'd have to hear about how some old biddy bought it in bulk or something. So anyway, Rosie's post reminded me of that. And the dude at Shoppers? Works at Canadian Tire now - probably telling customers about all the previous customers buying plungers and other such things.
JT

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I would do the same thing probably go through a bakers dozen if I thought I was pregnant, it must be another sign of our neurosis, lol. Its funny with the pregnancy scares in high school I wonder why was wasn't peeing on sticks all the time.. Probably too much money.. would have taken away from the beer money I guess. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home