Monday, April 04, 2005

Why oh Why won't this thing connect upstairs now?

Ok, no blog yesterday, and just a note today - this fucking laptop or router is annoying me to no end. I was all ready to blog my heart out at 10:30 - was feeling chatty, and giddy from seeing this really funny picture, but then proceeded to try to log on, and it kept saying my signal strength was low and i had no connection to the internet. This diagnostic bullshit I ran said a network cable was unplugged or some such stupid thing. So after thinking it was all because Rach's dad and I were fucking with the laptop yesterday trying to add the printer to the network, we did something, so I was trying to figure it all out. But then I finally took the thing down here and voila, it was excellent connection. So I took it back upstairs and the same thing. Did this twice. WHY IS THE SIGNAL LOW AND NOT WORKING UPSTAIRS? MARGO, EMAIL ME AT WORK TOMORROW AND TELL ME WHY!
So, I am all pissy right now. FUCK! The sad thing is that I don't know any computer geeks to come over and just figure shit out. ARGHHH. Anyway, I'll try not to think about it tonight. But I am pissed....
So anyway, nothing much to report, because the damn computer problems took the wind out of my sail. I saw this picture of the ugliest person I have ever seen tonight. It was in this photo album at Rachel's sister's house, and I was looking and saw it and started to laugh... and laugh... and I couldn't stop. I was such a moron. So I am trying to say "who IS this ugly person?" Turns out it is the brother of this girl I went to school with. Margo, remember G and Dave, the friends who became lovers, until he cheated on her? Well, it was G's brother. OMG, it was the worst picture I have ever seen. You'd have got a good laugh. I wanted to ask for a copy.... LOL. Anyway, I was so mega tired at work today, I seriously thought I was going crazy. Ran home at noon and made a big pot of stew for our neighbors, because her mother is dying, and all her relatives are staying there, so I thought it would be nice to give them something, since they are such great neighbors. But anyway, I won't bore you with my day as I should get ready for bed. I will stew and fuss and freak out about this lap top or router issue all damn night. Why can't this fucking thing stay connected upstairs? LOL, I was even convinced that perhaps my washer and dryer doors being open were to blame.... ah, I am a big lame-o, I know. In the words of C. Montgomery Burns, will there ever be a rainbow? Will there?
Anyway, off to read the router manual in bed, because would that be where the problem is from? It wouldn't have anything to do with this windows firewall? Oh, why am I asking you, dear blog.... LOL, I am going to get a counter like Margo, because if anyone is reading this... LOL, whoa Nelly, you must love boredom because all I do is ramble on or complain.

4 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

I just noticed this post. I had the same problem with my laptop and a wireless router. Try elevating the router i.e. on top of books or boxes. Make sure it is not sitting on top of your modem. That will cause it to screw up. Make sure it is not too close to anything metal or other electrical devices, if at all possible.

Let me know if this helps.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey JT, your laptop still outta commission? I have missed your evening blogs, what else am I gonna read in the morning while I drink my coffee.
Well Off to Edmonton today to do some family bonding, Mom sister and I are going up for the day to visit grandma who hasn't seen the little dude yet.
Talk at you later.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger JT said...

Well, I've elevated the damn thing but it's still not doing it - and I get a message saying "there is an IP address conflict on the network" or something. I mean, I have no idea what any of this means.... I'll keep trying. Thanks for the help!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

The IP address conflict means it is detecting another wireless network....probably from a neighbour. There is a simple way to fix that but I need to ask my 14-year-old in house IT expert. I'll get back to you on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home