Saturday, April 02, 2005

New York City is my favorite place for a honeymoon in a motel room

"WE ARE GOING TO ANOTHER DISCO......"
OK, I totally fucking love JACK FM in Vancouver. They play whatever the hell they want. They just played April Wine, and then, right this minute, "New York, New York" by Nina Hagen. This is the first time I have ever heard Nina Hagen on the radio. OMG, OMG, THEY ARE FOLLOWING IT UP WITH "SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM" BY GRACE JONES. I am having some sort of musical orgasm here. Both these freaky ladies were favorites when I was a teenager. I thought Grace was so sexy in a creepy way. I actually bought Slave to the Rhythm on cd a couple of years ago for old times sake, but I haven't gotten any Nina Hagen on cd yet. Hey, I remember when Nina Hagen was on City Limits or something in the 80s and this was after Universal Radio and when she was all into flying saucers and whatever, and she said she was going to marry the 16 year old guitarist in her band, and he was an alien or something, o ber they were going to be married by an alien or something, and she was just dead serious, and she was going on about him and the third eye, and was making all these crazy triangles on her head for the third eye, and I almost pissed myself because it was so damn funny. Oh, and then they were going to put out a maxi-single about the wedding. I wonder if she did marry him. I suppose I should google her. Her daughter Cosma must be grown up by now. LOL, oh man, this is reminding me of when all that New Age shit started becoming popular in the late 80s. And, of course, there was stupid old me wanting to be some blissed out hippy freak, but didn't know how to, and I remember going to the public library and signing out a record by the Indian sitar player Sri Chirnoy, and it was some record for transendental meditation, and I brought it home and played it whilst lying on my bed and trying to meditate. LOL, I was such a loser. I remember doing this report on TM for my grade 12 psychology class, and said I was practicing TM and I was sleeping better and smoking less, and my outspoken friend, Tracey, who sat behind me, started laughing and mouthing "bullshit, bullshit." LOL, I also read all the Shirley McLaine books too, trying to be all into it. LOLOL, who am I to call Ashton on Kaballa, anyway?

So today was a fun day spent with the kids. Poor ol' Rach is sicker than a dog from being knocked up. Keryn and I slept in today and got up at 10, and then Rach got the laptop and was on the internet for 15 mins or so and then got a sore neck and headache, which turned really bad and then she thought she was going to puke and had to lay down. Poor thing, couldn't even swallow cut up tylenol. So she napped for an hour or so and I took the kids outside and cleaned the garage and the car, and then Rach woke up and we went grocery shopping - spent a total of 300 bucks on groceries. Yowza. Then she got sick feeling again and we came home and she rested and napped again and I unpacked the groceries and cleaned out the fridge and the pantry and made supper and then took the kids downstairs until like 10 and then got them to bed. It was fun to just be with them. I hope Rach has a better day tomorrow. She can't remember, but this is exactly what happened to her both times before at around 7 weeks - about a week of total tiredness and sick feeling and sleep.

So like who remade or remixed this version of Steve Winwood's "Valerie"? All it is is dance music with the one line sampled from the song - "Call on meeeeee......" It's cool. Oh, today on Bands Reunited was Scandal. Man, that Patty Smythe is one Brooklyn or Bronx chick with attitude, I'll tell ya. But, she seems real, even though she is married to McEnroe.

Tomorrow Keryn wants to go to Value Village and then McDonalds. She asked me all excited if we could do this so I guess we will have to.

Anyway, better run - xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passing on good vibes to Rachel. Hope she is feeling better today.. I don't think i could handle being pregnant with my neurotic fear of puking. I would have to go on mat leave in my 4th week. lol

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo. Where's the BLOG!!??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home