Wednesday, March 30, 2005

No Witty Remarks, No strange Memories, and No zaniness - Just a Wrap up of the Day

Well, it's 11:45 or some obscene time like that, but I am still up. I should go to bed, but wanted to relax a few minutes first. I stayed home with Keryn today because she was still sick. She was fevered on Sunday and Monday, and then on Tuesday evening she had bad cramps and the runs, and it was an unsettled evening because we were up a lot. She seems to be feeling better today but she is still pale. Then, whilst I was making lunch, Kimmy puked out of nowhere. She then had a nap and has been fine ever since so I don't know what that means. Anyway, they are going to the sitters tomorrow for the first time in a week, and when I was putting Keryn to bed she said "I wish mom could stay home tomorrow" and it just broke my heart. However, that being said, Rach is 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow and so she wil only have 7 months of work left, and then a year off, so that sort of placates us. OH, looks like Rach got the job! The dude with the seniority didnt want to move here, so it looks like it's hers. I know I had mixed feelings about it, but I am happy, because this is a permanent position and full time, so she will actually get paid for holidays, etc. Up until now, her holiday pay has been on each cheque, so when she took time off, or stat holidays or anything, it was without any pay. Now, it will be normal paid holidays. And as I said, it's permanent full time. So we will count down to the 7 months to come.
Another reason I am blogging tonight is that I broke down and bought a laptop tonight. I still has almost $1100 left from my book allowance at work and it has to be used by tomorrow, or it's lost (and I lost most of it last year), so I bought the laptop. We spent all night getting it together. First, Future Shop took forever, and I was getting all pissy in there, but then ended up with a really nice guy to help us. Margo warned me to buy the router that isn't "G" so I was all "I am NOT buying the G, my friend works for the phone company..."and he was all "oh, I would never recommend the G because they are problematic"and told us about how they can bugger up cordless phones or something. So we still bought like a 70 dollar one on his recommendation because he was honest as all hell about everything else but then I realized I had no idea how to hook it up. You see, Margo was telling me how to do it, but I am too dense, and I was prepared to go into my laundry room, unhook this splitter on the wall that had my tv, phone, and cable lines in it, and plug the router into there or something... LOL! Anyway, luckily Rachel's dad was here and basically told me I was retarded and helped me hook it up, although the damn thing didn't quite work at first. I still don't understand some of this, and I need to ask Margo tomorrow about this whole thing. I still don't really get how this is working, as the computer and router are downstairs, and I am enjoying a hot apple cider at my kitchen table. Keryn was so excited about this laptop, she wants me to buy a mouse tomorrow so she can use it. She's really good on the "pu-puter". I want a mouse too - I hate this thing, and I can't get used to it. I am having a little bit of a time with the keyboard, but I think I am adapting rather well to it.
So poor Rachel's parents, who just popped in to see the kids briefly after supper, ende dup staying until after 10, and then I hadn't even done dishes yet, and I had to make a pot of chili for work tomorrow, so I just got all that shit done, and just threw some laundry in. It's midnight now, but I think I will just sit here for a few more minutes, because what difference does it make at this time of night if I lose another 15 mins of sleep?
I feel so behind - I havent commented to Margo's blog on the whole Easter thing, and I want to because I have so much to say. Hell, I haven't read KB since I started blogging. I had to ask Janet in Regina what was happening with KB - I guess Tim shipped out. Oh, and Rosie sucks without the comments, because half the fun is the interactive thing. I mean, I want to give her hell for Rob and Amber!
Oh, finally, tragic, terrible news for us here in Sask. Winners is closing three stores - one in Saskatoon, one in Moose Jaw, and ours. They gave some lame reason about wanting to open stores by their "Home Sense" outlets, but the real nitty gritty is that the one in Stoon that is closing voted to unionize last week, so my guess is that ours and MJ's must be doing the same thing. In this case, I may boycott the store forever, as it was our favorite place to go, and they can't be losing money because they were so busy this weekend you couldn't even get down the housewares aisle. Hell, Rach dropped a couple hundred dollars there for fuck's sake.... I urge everyone to email the company in protest.
In other news, our water is hideous. It's got this smell to it, and while it is safe to drink, it stinks. I mean, they say it happens every year at this time, but I think they are lying because I have no memory of it. But anyway, who gives a rat's ass anyway?
Well, I better go and get ready for bed.
Happy Thursday,
JT

3 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you got your computer working. Congrats. Its pretty cool having the freedom from all the cords isn't it? How long did it take your father in law to get it hooked up and working? I know when I got mine it took3 or 4 hrs not because I couldn't get the wires hooked up but rather because it kept saying I had a firewall and blah blah. It ended up that the software that came with the router needed an update and after I did that it worked like a charm. I was ready to take the damn thing back though very frustrating.. lol
so how is the signal when you have the laptop upstairs, still strong? I can have mine out on my deck and still have a good signal.

ANyhoo, better work, lots to do. Ciao

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Three comments:

Nice blog. I like the title. I like David Sedaris. My blog is written in a similar vain. Favourite Sedaris line...."I have one of those in my house. Wellll, one of my houses!" Keep on blogging, it's good for your soul.

Rosie's blog does suck without the comments. In fact, without the comments she comes off as very, very weird. Is it just me or does she seem perched on the precarious edge of a complete nervous breakdown?

Future Shop...AAAAGGGHHHH. Always an exercise in frustration and a perfect example of "Pay peanuts, get monkeys."

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Oh man, remember SOH?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home