Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Liz Taylor is Funny When She's High....

Good eeeevening,
Long freakin' day. It's 11:15 and just really sitting down for the first time now. Didn't go to work this a.m. - took Keryn to library storytime. Of course, at 9:30, she started crying and saying she didn't want to go, so we almost didn't, but then I told her I would ask the lady if I could stay in the room again with them (this was after talking to her for the last 2 weeks about how I will sit on the little chairs outside the story room waiting for her). So, I got her there and we asked the lady if I could stay and she was great about it, and then we went in, and she sat down but didn't want to let go of my hand, and then she did, and I told her I was sitting in the back. She came back and moved me closer to her, and then I kept sliding back more and more, and the story time began, and they sang a song and read a book and she kept looking back at me and waving and smiling, and then when they were doing this finger puppet thingy, she was right into it, and she turned again, I thought to wave at me, and she mouthed "Daddy, you can go sit on the little chairs" so I almost fell over, and left the room. Then of course I got all nervous - what if she has to pee? What if she gets scared? Blah blah blah - lol, I was all nervous and tense. Then the door opened later and they were having this big snack (it was some spring party day) and then we went and picked out books. Well, I was so proud of her for being so brave, since she gets so uncomfortable and scared when she's out of her element, that I got all choked up. You know, the moment we had kids, it just opened the floodgates. Honest to God, I fucking cry all the time. So then I think in my head "that's mighty nelly of you" (nelly is my term of the month), and I mean, it's really bad. Rachel can't quite figure it out. She thinks I am insane half the time - Case in point: Tonight I was telling her about this kid's book I was looking at last night at the library when I was waiting for my fines to be worked out. It was this book called like "Grandma's in the Stars" or something (should be called "Grandma is DEAD" because that's all it was about) and it was these nice pictures and it started with this picture of granny lying in bed saying "I was really sick, so sick I died", and then all these pictures of her hugging everyone who is asleep and saying good-bye. Good-bye son, good-bye cat, good-bye grandchild, good-bye garden, etc. Then it was a "one more time" and a final hug. WELLLL - this fucking thing gave me a huge lump in my throat, and I was telling Rach at supper about it, and I started to tell what I just typed. And then, I get to the "one more time" part and I couldn't speak. So then I was "Ok, ok, wait.. ok... so anyway... " and then i couldn't speak again. And then I started telling it all over again and my voice broke and I was all weepy, and she was reading the paper going "Oh my God....here we go again" and I am laughing and laughing in between, but whenever I tried to tell it, I just couldn't. Then it ended, "hello, stars" and the old lady was in the stars. But I mean it - ever since we had kids, I just cry all the time. I am mush. And it just gets worse, so when this one is born, the nurses better look the fuck out, because it ain't gonna be pretty with my blubbering. Maybe it's having kids, and my parents being elderly now, but holy shit - honest to goodness..... I saw the little girl relative of Nadia crying tonight when she was voted out of Idol, and I felt sad for her... yeah, I know, get a grip.
So, I took Keryn to Petland after the library and she played with all the animals, and I pretended I was interested in rabbits so they would really give us attention. LOLOL, they are so gonna be hip to my jive soon. Then I picked up Arby's for Rach for lunch, because I never want to eat there and she loves it, but of course, after I buy all this food and bring it home, she was grossed out by it. She has her complete examination tomorrow - and she will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow. So anyhoooo, we were talking to my nephew Alexander about the cat I really liked at Petland, and it was a grown cat, and then he said at the SPCA there is this 3 legged cat and so I was all "Rach, let's save this cat - nobody else will" and she was all "oh for shit's sake, you can't save the world" but, LOL, I want this 3 legged cat. But I mean, Leslie said it best: "you are having your third baby, you have a dog and a cat, and there is no room left in your bed for a 3 legged cat." LOL, it's true...
So I had meetings ALL afternoon, didn't even make it into my office and check email or messages. Then I had to go back at 6:30 for another meeting, and then at 7:30 was the video conference thing of this speaker about all the happenings at work (long story I ain't going to get into) and it was so fucking boring, and I didn't get home until after 9:30, and the kids were up, but tired, so took forever to get Kim to sleep, and then watched the end of Idol and here I am. The upstairs looks like a hurricane went through it. I mean it - but I can't be bothered tonight, I really can't. And this post is really boring, but that's my day, and I can't be witty or anything tonight because I am sleepy. Had the shittiest sleep last night. I was awake more than I was asleep and I'd bet I got under 5 hours. So, I am going to head up now, because Rach and Kim are sleeping on the couch and when I wake her she will want a snack first (always needs something in her belly at this point), and then she'll have to get ready for bed, and then I will, and the whole process will take forever. So I better get started now.
May y'all have a wonderful day - hey, remember when Liz Taylor was all drugged up or drunk or whatever at the Golden Globes a couple of years ago, and she almost opened the envelope and read the winner before the nominees, and Dick Clark had to step in and save her? Well, at the end, she walked up and said... LOL... it was so damn funny.... "The Golden Globes are now over, y'all, y'all, y'all!!!!" with her arms widespread. OMG, it was so funny because she was so high, and so maybe I'll hijack her saying: "Tonight's post to the blog is over - Y'ALL, Y'ALL, Y'ALL!
xo
JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home