Friday, April 15, 2005

Hmmm, If You Told me I'd Even Be Compelled to Mention Ashford and Simpson in a Post, I Wouldn't Have Believed You...

Ok, before I begin, a pet peeve that is costing me money: Has anyone else ever had a CD OR DVD break because of the stupid packaging? It happened to me once in the 90s - Kate Bush's The Red Shoes snapped like Esther Rolle's fingers after a particularly snarky quip to Jimmy Walker (I loved Ether Rolle - may she rest in peace). I took it back to the store and they repalced it. However, it's happened twice lately, and totally screwed up my life. First, after years of being a tightwad, I shelled out the money for Carly Simon's boxed set Clouds in My Coffee. It's so frigging good, especially cd 1. Well, one day while I was taking out cd 1, it just snapped as I tried to remove it from the case. So that broke, and I've been broken hearted, and of course I just can't afford to shell out another 100 smackeroos for one frigging disk that needs replacing. So then tonight, when I put Keryn to bed, she wanted to watch Flintstones with me, so I grab the DVD (season one, so it's 4 discs), and she tries to take a disc out, and it snaps in two. So, again, I am not going to spend $60 to replace one stupid dvd. Is it just me who distructive, trivial shit happens to?
Pet Peeve Number Two: Haven't been able to log on tonight to post comments. First, SOH had the funniest entry title ever - of course, now I can't remember it - something about soiling yourself. Anyway, I was laughing and laughing and tried to comment, but it wouldn't let me. Then I read Margo, who did a great post, and couldn't log in either. Then I couldn't log in to write here... I was a tad cranky.

Ok, so today was Friday, and it started off a tad rocky. I was up late last night, and Keryn woke up at 1:00 right after I fell asleep. I went to lay with her and she was all squirmy (I bet she was hungry as she didn't really like supper last night) and then I was finally dozing off at about 2:00 when Kim starts crying and crying, and Rach is yelling at me to come, and I guess Kim fell out of bed, but Rach was feeling sick last night, so she was all icky feeling, and I was thinking "OMG, I have a meeting in the morning, and I won't get any sleep..." and yada yada yada. So today the kids sleep in. I am up and ready at 8:00, when they usually wake up, and we usually head out the door by 8:30. Well, I am watching the weather channel, because there was this huge wind warning for the entire province (100 km gusts), and I keep nodding off, and the kids don't wake up until 8:30, so I am rushing them, because really, i should be at work at 8:30. Well Keryn is crying because she just wants to sit and cuddle and I am being all cranky, so then I felt guilty all day.
Work was blah, and then I drank 2 X-large Tim Horton's coffees and got all jumpy. Sharon came to sit in my office this afternoon and somehow I said I wanted to buy Green Day's American Idiot, and she said she did too, so we ran next door to the mall to buy it, but ended up hitting a sale at Randy River of all god-forsaken places, a 3 for $30 thing, so we got diverted by that. Man, we are so much alike, we bought the same hoody sweatshirt, so we can't wear them the same day. We did that once before, but both got too fat to wear those ones...
You know, a friend of mine told me this week something to the effect of "you are just the nicest person" and ever since then I have felt guilty, because I am so not. When I think of me and Margo or me and Sharon, we are really like Jerry and Elaine. For instance, I was reading this thing in Entertainment Weekly about Kelly Osborne, on some club thing in Miami. It goes like this:
3:30 a.m. "A thing, brown-skinned waif takes up dancing - rather oddly - in front of Kelly's table. "I like it that people are having a good time," says Kelly, "but this girl's a really crap dancer."
4:20 a.m. The crap dancer gushes in Kelly's ear momentarily about how big a fan she is, then returns to the dance floor. "I feel like an asshole for making fun of her," says Kelly sullenly. "She was really nice. She can't help it if she dances like a retard."

Ok, so this made me laugh, because I related to it. For instance, Sharon and I have had the conversation of trying to imagine everyone we work with having sex, and yes, it's a funny thing to do, but then in the back of my head I think "who the hell do you think you are? Have you looked at yourself naked in a mirror lately? And while we laugh at so and so's earthy nature or so and so's uptightness, can you imagine the picture they'd get of you?" LOL, that's just one example, but you get the picture. And don't get me started on Margo and myself. We had a friend in high school with hideous fuzzy hair (called her Poof), a friend with horrid teeth (called him Gums), and then, well, there was Hairy Heather, the older woman with the heart of gold who kept trying to sleep with me. When I think of these things now, I dunno - I am always ashamed of myself... but like Jerry and Elaine, you can't help it sometimes.... I don't know, I guess I just wish I was more - hmmmm - not "pure", but more.... genuinely innocent? Oh hell, forget it, I don't know what I am talking about. Leave it to me to read some snippet from Kelly fucking Osborne and get all stupid from it... LOL, maybe it's the caffeine withdrawal. By the way, I used to think Sharon Osborne was sexy - now let's never speak of this again.
So Rach won't let me adopt the 3 legged cat. She is smart, because we don't have room for another animal, and God forbid we end up like Kirstie Alley's house, but still... who the hell else is gonna save the poor thing?!?
I am going to try to get Jann Arden tickets tomorrow. She comes to Saskatoon in October - i hope Rachel won't be too uncomfortable to go - Rach is due in November.
Well, I am going to run and try to read some other blogs before I call it a night. Man, ever since Rosie's comments came back on, I've been finding all of these blogs.... I am already stressing out because I can't keep up to any of them. I had to ask my friend in Regina, who coincidentally reads this one blog that I do, what was happening - "How is their marriage? Did the son ship off for Iraq? Did she lose the weight?" LOLLLLL I so need help.
Ok, I best be out of here - hey, has anyone bought the Jane Fonda book? Is it worth the hardcover price?? Oh, and you will be glad to know that "Moonlight feels Right" is out of my head now, but I've had the line "Your Mama shouldn't have told you babies were made in Heaven" from "Babies" by Ashford and Simpson going through my head. This is the only line I know. It has also been going through my head all day, like some OCD thing... I don't even LIKE the song really..... Good Lord, I must be frigging crazy....give me another song to go into my head, damnit!
Have a Great Saturday,
xo
JT

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, Don't ask me why I am reading your blog at 5 am.. the dog wanted out and here I am.. I almost spit my water out with your Kelly Osbourne quote.. lol.. that was hilarious.. I never really thought about it but we are like jerry and elaine..
We should try to be better people.. ;) but whats the fun in that.
Oh I was gonna try to get Jann tickets but the damn things were sold out..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home