Saturday, March 26, 2005

Heart's Odes to Coffee, Fat Actress, and the Easter Bell of Rome

Do you by any chance remember back in the day, probably mid 1980's, when both Heart and ELO were the spokespeople for the American Coffee association? Holy crap, was that funny. I remember the commercials and Ann or Nancy - I never remember which one is which - was sitting there with the rest of the band, huddled over a steaming cup of hot coffee and voicing over about how coffee satisfies their needs on the road, what with the travelling and performing and writing and jamming and such. It was just nutty. Then I remember ELO doing the same thing, and that song of theirs, "Hold on Tight to your Dreams" or whatever it was called, was the background of the commercial, and I can't remember them talking, but they obviously loved their coffee too. So, basically, these spots were done before Heart's comeback in 86, and must have been on ELO's way out. Why and I talking about this, you ask? I don't know.... Speaking of coffee, I read the book "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again", written by these Hollywood Hookers, and they had a whole segment about Vanna White's husband being all into giving these hookers coffee enemas. It's a strange world....
So I just finished watching Fat Actress for the first time, and I was actually pretty pleased with it. However, it's copying Curb Your Enthusiasm a tad too much, with the ad-libbing and the celeb stuff, and parts were a little too much, like the whole gay boyfriend in park thing, but I was almost pissing my pants at the whole Blossom as her neighbor thing. And then her friend does Blossom and she's yelling "say my name!" and "Say my other name!". And then she does the Blossom dance.... but holy moly, Blossom got bigger like the rest of us, and honey, I ain't no Willie Ames or anything, but she's gotten quite... odd looking. Very strange to see. I forgot she was a scientist too, and they made mention of it. So yeah, it's no Curb Your Enthusiasm, but it's ok. Worth watching for the time being, anyway.
Had our other turkey dinner today and I am so full I feel sick. Just finished hiding Easter eggs all over the house so they will have a good hunt tomorrow. We bought them a Barbie jet ski type of thingy and the Kelly doll that goes pee. Rach also bought the girls new quilts for their beds for when they get bunk beds.... $100 each, but that was at Winners, so they are actually worth $200 each, according to the tag.
I've really got to go clean my kitchen before I go to bed, so I am going to end this now.
May the Easter Bell fly in from Rome and bring chocolates to all (If you do not understand this, you need to read David Sedaris' side-splitting essay "Jesus Shaves" from "Me Talk Pretty One Day"),
JT

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember thoses commercials, weird, you would think I would since I loved heart.. The jury is still out on Fat actress. I did see blossom on the show and it took a bit for me to recognize her. She is a bit of a chunky monkey isn't she..lol

Well I have turkey today at my moms house, It should be good atleast I will be able to see the little dude. Lets hope he is in a good mood.

Happy easter hunting.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Blossom is weird but I love her.

It's so weird to read the stuff from when you only had two kids and time to write. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home