Monday, March 21, 2005

Margo's Mop

Oh man, finally, a moment to myself. It's 11 o'clock, and daughter number one just went to sleep. She had a nap this afternoon for over an hour, hence the late bedtime. She was so damn happy too tonight, and so cute. However, it frazzles me when I don't have any time to myself in the day, and now here I am, blogging at this late hour. The poor girl, I was such a bad Dad this morning. We were sitting on the couch waiting for the sitter to arrive and she says to me "where's my ring?" and I started asking her "did you just have it? You had it on the couch?" and that was getting her all stressed so she started saying she didn't want her ring and didn't like it, and so I took the cushions off the couch and she got more upset and started putting them back and pushed her sister, so I yelled at her and sent her to her room. So, then she cries, and I feel like such an ass, so we finally make up and I apologize over and over and we started talking about the ring again and she says "I was just trying to put it on this other finger" in this forlorn voice and so of course she made me all weepy, and so I pushed the couch out, and boom, there it was! But then when the sitter came, she didn't want me to leave and started to cry, and so I had a horrible drive to work. I never thought I would be this way - so completely distraught and worrying about them every second. Of course, she was fine right after I left, because I phoned, but man, they just wrap themselves around your heart.
Rachel fell asleep at like 9 tonight. Poor thing is so tired from being pregnant, but feeling fine otherwise. She'll be 6 weeks on Thursday, and that is the day of her interview. She is so worked up about it, so I hope she can just relax and calm down.
Work was ok - long day, and it was storming so bad. Blowing snow and icy, and it is still blowing right now. I can't wait for the weekend....
So Margo calls me all in a huff tonight because that nifty new microfibre mop of hers isn't picking up lint on the floor. Well, I don't know what to tell her. I like our mop in some ways, like that we can wash the mop thingy in the washer after each use, and that it works on walls, but ours is a stupid one, that is attached by velcro, and the fucking thing never sticks right. I'd like one of those wraparound ones. Margo also sent me the link to the Jann Arden journal - damn she's a funny woman.
Well, I know this is boring as hell, but I think I am going to wrap this up and see if Margo has anything to say on her blog. Oh, we both posted to the Rosie blog about anxiety and panic attacks and it is so funny - I told the story of this guy who would carry worms with him and then throw them in the crowd at the store when he'd get panicked to difuse the situation from him. Oh man, that's so funny. Margo told how she uses Frisk mints to calm down, and I mentioned my water thing. Anyway, you had to be there.
Talk later gator,
JT

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, still awake? I hope not cause you will be crabby tomorrow. thanks for the mop user tips, I will give it a whirl.. ciao I am pretty spent after watching the L tonight.. all I can say is OMG.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way you are such a good Daddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home