Saturday, March 19, 2005

Saturday Night Ramblings

I am 2 weeks behind on Amazing Race. I just put the first tape in, and after not even 15 minutes, I decided to turn it off because Rob and Amber were getting on my nerves. ARGH, I cannot stand those two. Margo on the other hand loves them, and yes, everyone is there for the money and not to make friends, so I can see the point of being devious, but on the other hand, there is something about him that just screams "grade school/high school bully/secret torturer/sicko. And Amber, well, not gonna waste my breath.
So, not much to report today. Got up early with the kids and I snoozed as they watche Blue's Clues and Dora, and apparently, next weekend, Dora will become a big sister! You can tell I don't get out much....
Took the kids shopping for a bit. Went to Zellers and found all this cool Dora stuff for the girls, but didn't buy them - raincoats, sandals, etc. Kim threw a huge hissyfit in the store and so we left for a while. Went for a drive and tried to calm her down. She was just freaking. God, it was stressful. Then we went to the bookstore, and I bought the girls a new Blue's Clues book, and, lo and behold, a book about Dora being a big sister, and a new copy of Your Pregnancy Week by Week, since I can't find the old one. I loved reading that book.
Came home from shopping and one of the girl's cousins came over and they all watched a Scooby Doo movie. Did I mention that Keryn is a Scooby freak? It's really bad. I bought season one and two of Scooby, and she got hooked and addicted to it. Now she has a couple of movies too, and could honestly watch it 8 hours a day if we let her. And while it used to scare the living shit out of me as a kid, she loves it. She always recites these lines and stuff and turned to me in the kitchen one day and said "YIKES, THERE REALLY IS A HEADLESS SPECTRE!" and I was all "huh?" and she says "that's what Velma Dinkly says!" Ahhh, she is so damn cute... they are the one thing I did right.
I am honestly so fat right now I seriously feel like a Weeble. I am so uncomfortable, and for some reason, I ate two fucking meals of fast food today. I am serious - Diet is starting asap. I have this fear I am going to croak on my kids, and that scares the hell out of me, so I have to get myself together. Seriously, I am going to do it yet again. Taunt me if I don't.... I feel like Homer Simpson when he got really fat and wore the muu-muu's.
Not sure what we will do tomorrow. Might work on some projects around the house. The weekends go too fast. I might take Wednesday off, and perhaps Thursday. I was planning on taking Thursday and Monday off, so I'd have this awesome long weekend, but then I realized that I am taking Keryn to her first preschool library storytime hour on Wed. I signed us up so we could do a father/daughter outing, and so she could interact with other kids, and I was gonna just take the hour off of work, but then when I was checking my day planner yesterday, I noticed that I have a dentist appointment on Wed. at 1:30, so I might as well take the whole flippin' day off, don't you think? I also have to go to Saskatoon sometime because I have to use my book allowance from work within the next week. I have like $1100 to spend. I was going to get a laptop, but then thought against it, as this means that it would belong to the university ultimately, so screw it. So I gotta go get books (yay!) sometime so I might do that Thursday afternoon or something. I dunno, I have to figure it out.
You know, it's wierd, because other than Margo, I haven't told anyone else about the blog, even Rachel. I know she'd think it was the stupidest thing, and I am not sure if I want to tell anyone else. I just don't know how I feel about people reading this - hmmmm, I have to think about it.
Just bought some 35% carbamide peroxide on EBAY. The stuff the dentist has is 16%, and it didn't really do much for my teeth, and she doesn't carry the 22%, so I am trying this 35%. I hope it works, as my teeth are hideous. Of course, it's my payback for smoking (but since I quit, can't I get a reprieve?), tea, and coffee.... Anyway, I'll let you know how it works.
Well, I guess I've said all that I can think of at the moment. I think I'll go have a bath and finish my Aususten Borroughs book "Magical Thinking". I'll try to write tomorrow if I get the chance.
Happy Weekend.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say I loved them, rather I thought they were kinda funny how they were playing the others. Its probably because I don't really like any of the other teams yet, so I don't care if they get Outwitted by the bullies. lol
Thats funny that you were in Zellers yesterday, cause that is where I got my bleach. Plus as I was wandering around the store(which by the way is the biggest dump I have ever seen, probably doesn't help that it is shutting down in May to make room for a Superstore which is pretty cool) Anyways as I was saying I was wondering around the store and I came across these 3 old people arguing about the store closure, the old man was saying that the store wasn't shutting down but rather it was just going to move to the old walmart location in Deerfoot mall, and this other old lady was saying no its closing for good. So anyways, they finally break it up so I can get through the isle and the old lady keeps talking to me bitching about this guy that she was arguing about.. I listened for a couple seconds and said,'ya i know, what can you say...' then proceeded to move down the isle, well this lady is still nattering at me, so I just kept walking as she was still talking.. funny actually this lady was as crazy as the old man and his wife. Do you think we will be those people in 40 years? Talking to strangers in the Zellers.? God I hope not.

Why don't you buy yourself a Vanna white teeth whitening kit,, I hear it works like a hot damn.
Oh I came across another blog for you. APparently Jann Arden has one, I am sure you will become addicted with this one as well JT. lol here you go.
http://www.jannarden.com/journal.php

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to mention whilst I was shopping I picked up some dog food and the bag had a rip in it so I negotiated 10% off the price. pretty cool eh? I didn't know you could do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home