Thursday, March 17, 2005

Well slap my ass and call me Judy...

Well slap my ass and call me Judy - I can't believe I have a blog. After being addicted to weird aunt kate and kb's world, and after stumbling upon the Rosie thing, and after my bestest friend Margo took the plunge too, I figured what the fuck.... Anyway, as you can see, I have absolutely nothing to say at the moment. I've been posting to the Rosie comments, but that's a tad bit too intense. It kind of freaks me out, so I dunno if I am gonna keep doing that. Hell, I don't know how long I can keep this up - I subscribe to the Joni Mitchell List, but I can't keep up with that, and just do a power read once a month or so. Ever since I had kids, things have changed, but for the better, of course!
Today was a looong day. The wife (let's call her Rachel, shall we?) stayed home today, so that was a wonderful suprise for the girls. Keryn's 3 1/2, Kim is 1 1/2. Anyway, "Rachel" had a problem with her contacts this morning. Apparently, the cat knocked over her contact case in the middle of the night (what the hell the cat was doing in our bathroom, I dunno), and her one contact didn't get to soak in the stuff, and so when she put it in, it burned, and made her eye all red, and she had to soak it for like 6 hours (the contact, not her eye). As you can tell, I have no idea about the whole contact process. So, she stayed home and played with the kids, and that was wonderful. She went back to work 3 days a week in July, but 2 weeks ago started full time, and it's been an adjustment for the kids, and you know me, ole sissy-ass blubberpants, gets all weepy when I drop them off in the morning. Anyway, the kids had a good day with mommy, and Keryn made us all weepy again because she said "mommy, if you want to stay home with us tomorrow, you can", so that just breaks my heart. "Rachel" only works full-time for a couple more weeks, but she is applying for this full time position, and while she probably doesn't have much of a shot for it, since it is all based on union seniority, she still might get it, and I dunno what to think. We reeeeally need the money, but it's just so hard with the kids, since they basically are our entire lives. "Rachel" is also 5 weeks pregnant though, so it would only be for another 7 months or so until she goes on mat. leave. Anyway, enough of my whining.
So Rach stays home and I went to work, and spent some time reading the damn Rosie blog and emailing Margo about it, and that ate up a lot of time, and then I had to go home and make this frigging spinach salad for this benefit potluck thing we were having at lunch. However, I was running so late, and we couldn't find the recipe, and I went postal when I was at home, being my dramatic self, so that was kind of funny.
Then, this afternoon we had cake at 3 o'clock for my birthday (it's on Good Friday), and 2 other coworkers (let's call them Wilma and Linda). So we have cake and visit and basically pissed the afternoon away, and then I came back to the office and received Margo's voicemail, which sounded like this: "OMG, I can't believe you told me you were having a baby on the Rosie blog - oh, and you are starting some shit there" which was funny, because if you know me, I am the most laid back, non-confrontational person this side of Bill and Ted. So I then had to run to Walmart and didn't take a frigging cart, which was so stupid. I only had to get oil and diapers. So I go grab the frigging Mazola and the pampers and then think "oh, we need Cascade". So I go down the aisle and grab a 10 lb box, so that's hard to carry, and I also pick the kids up that Pamper's Kandoo soap and bum wipes. So my hands are full, and then i think "wait, I need Tide" so I grab the box, but we have to use the Tide HE, which has no frigging handle on the box, so I am juggling this shit like some sort of whirling dervish and then I drop most of it... and then I finally get to the till and realize I don't have my frigging bank card so I had to charge it
Came home, cleaned up, did dishes, put kiddies to bed, and here I am - doesn't get much more riveting, does it? Hey, didn't say this would be exciting, did I?
Anyway, pissed off that the Apprentice was a clip show - Survivor was last night, so Thursdays officially suck now. Joey is the biggest piece of crappola I've ever seen. Hey Margo, you ever watched "Bands Reunited" on Much More Music? It's the cat's ass, lemme tell ya. They reunited the Motels, which made my frigging day (I loooove the motels) and apparently there is a Berlin reunited out there which I would do anything to see. Anyway, check it out, because some of the people get downright pissy when they try to reunite them.
Ok, this must be totally boring, so I am gonna go try to figure out how to make a profile and then go have a hot bath and get my fat ass into bed.
Talk Tomorrow,
JT (NO, MY FIRST NAME AIN'T BABY....)

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if that is nothing to say, I would hate to read a post when you had something on your mind.. lol So how is 'Rachels' eye this morning ?? and hows Good Ole Wilma doing?
Nice blog my friend, by the way what does the title mean.. sorry for being daft but I am lost.

Margo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home