Monday, March 21, 2005

Each Night I Go To Bed I Pray Like Aretha Franklin...

Ok, this is a quick one, because it is midnight and I should really get to bed. However, I ended up having an obscenely long nap this afternoon. I had a killer headache and so I laid down when Kim had her nap and whammo, I was in and out of sleep for almost an hour and a half. I say on and off, because of the crazy thing that happens to me when I sleep in the day. It's like I get some kind of apnea, and I sleep, and then I can't wake up, and then I can't breathe, and struggle to wake up. Don't ask why, but this has always happened to me when I nap in the day. Anyway, usually it happens and I wake and am freaked out and that's it. However, today I couldn't stay awake. It would happen, and I'd struggle to wake up, and then as soon as I did, BOOM, asleep again for another round of suffication/entire body tightening/contracting/struggle to wake up and breathe.... Anyway, that was an insanely long sleep, so I ain't looking too promising at bed right now. Man, I hate insomnia.
Today was spent doing nothing really in particular. Tonight was the usual trying to get ready for Monday and the rest of the week thang. Just finished making a fruit salad in hopes that my pregnant wife will eat breakfast. She's feeling fine, except for being extra tired and hungrier than usual. Just got out of the tub too, and was reading the new McLeans with Karla Holmolka on the cover, and you know, I am not going to waste blog space by talking about her. Let's just say that I feel for those poor parents of her victims.
Going to try to take Keryn to the dentist with my on Wednesday so she can see what the dentist does. She has so many rotten teeth from when she was on the bottle after the boobie - she nursed until almost two, and then had the bottle for like a year after. It's terrible and I want to cry, and don't know how they'll fix them, and I was in the same boat when I was little, so I hope it goes ok. But it's too upsetting and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
We are having my family over to our house for Easter on Friday. That's also my birthday, so it will be a busy day. I've gotta decide what to tell people to bring. It will be fun to have everyone here. Even though we all live in the same city now, we never really get together as a big group.
Rosie posted today and holy shit, the people reading her is freaky. That's a lot of people commenting. I wish she would just post in a conventional narrative sometime. Oh, Rosie talks about Annie Lennox's BARE, and yes, depressing. And yes, what a great woman to see in concert. Sting sucked, and I should have left as soon as Annie was done. It was the Sacred Love tour, and I have seen Sting twice now, and as far as I am concerned, I am done seeing him in concert... LOL, I was so fucking bored, but his back-up singer can sing like a son of a bitch.
Well, I can't seem to shut up and I obviously will be boring Margo, my lone reader, so I shall check my email and see what convoluted payment instructions my teeth bleach and my Danny Olris book sellers have given me on ebay. Gonna try and find BARE in my cd cabinet to take to work, and then call it a night (oh Margo, you should see my cds... all a mess, and all out of their cases, and some destroyed, and many missing.... I want to frigging throw up thinking about it.
Hey, just looked over and saw Scritti Politti - gonna take that to work and totally retro myself. Also going to take kd's "Hymns from the 49th Parallel" (spelling? you'd think since I teach English I'd know how to fucking spell, but nooooooo.....). Margo honey, this is da bomb - she does TWO Joni songs, but they aren't even my favorites. She does Neil Young like butter, and does "Hallelulah" so achingly beautiful that you just want to kiss her or something. And I mean, she ain't no Sarah Jessica, so that must be saying something!
Well, gonna go to bed and read. Hey Marg, did I tell you I picked up a copy of "Rubyfruit Jungle" at a garage sale - it was a lesbian block sale type of thing, hosted by one of those teachers I wanted to set you up with, but who, alas, married her lover.... Anyway, I bought the book, but just can't get into it. I bought the stupid David Crosby autobiography at Value Village and look for the Joni references (did I tell you how fucking awesome they were in concert, and how Nash asked about Joni's parents and asked for those who knew them to say hello, and it was his daughter's 21st birthday and she came up and sang Joni's "A Case of You?" It was cool, but what do you care, right? ).
Ok, going up now, have a great Monday!
JT

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I hope you were able to sleep last nite, I was fast asleep while your were writing this post.

So are you listening to Scritti Politti? That is a blast from the past. I never even gave those bands a chance did I. I mean I listened to them (kinda had to if you had them on at your house), But I was too much into my 'Pop' music..lol. I don't think there is one thing we can agree on when it comes to music.

I don't think I read Rubyfruit jungle, I have heard about it though. WHen you done you should let me borrow it, although if you can't get into it, I doubt I will.
Are you talkin KD Lang? Not a big fan of hers, but I would mind hearing Hallelulah cause that is one of my faves right now, Have you ever heard Rufas Wainwrights version.. Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home