Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Day as it Was, Back in the Day as it Was, and the Mysterious Dentist Behind Mask Number Three

Good evening my friend or friends,
Well, another day come and gone. I spent the morning taking Keryn to library preschool hour, and I was so proud of her. She is so shy, but she didn't freak out or anything. She sat sort of removed from the other kids, and didn't let me leave the room, but she listened to the stories, and sorta sang the songs and stuff. They started out doing these songs with hand motions, and the one part was the kids would lift their hands up to their ears and spread their fingers to look like big rabbit ears, and my little baby didn't lift her hands, but she kept them in her lap and was doing the motions down there, and of course I thought it was so cute and sweet I had to bite my lip from bawling as usual. Then at the end she went to get a stamp and a treat all by her self and I was just bursting. All the other parents (I should say moms) just dropped their yappy kids off and got the hell out of there. I felt like I was amidst the Wisteria Lane posse or something. One other parent stayed in there with her kid. She kept trying to leave, but her boy would say "but I might get scared" and didn't want to leave her side and she was getting a bit annoyed looking and I just wanted to tell her to sit with the kid and reassure him that you aren't going anywhere. Poor little guy. I want to get him and Keryn together so they can have a buddy in the thing. She even spoke to the teacher and told her her name. After the class, I took her out for an early lunch, and then I dropped her off at Aunty's, who had Kim already, and then I had my dentist appointment.
OK, Seinfeldian moment at the dentist. I've been going to this young woman for about a year now, and she's younger than me, and they are all so nice and cool in there, but I seriously don't know what she looks like. I realized when I walked in that I had no idea which one was the dentist, because they all always have masks on, and they are all the same age, and last time one person cleaned my teeth, and another got the x-rays ready and yet someone else made molds of my mouth, and then the dentist did the actual check-up stuff I guess, and I just had no clue who was who. So today I was walking in and they are all "Hi Jt!" and I am all "hi - you!" and I guess I figured out who she was today in the end, but she was wearing a mask, so I still wouldnt know her if I fell on her. She's cool though because I was watching muchmoremusic and they had an Alanis video from back in the day when she was a Debbie Gibson type of girl, and this video was starring Joey from Friends, so she walks in and says "Joey Tribiani in an Alanis video? You think she's embarassed by this now?" So she's hip to the jive, anyway.
I didn't have a full fledged panic attack at the dentist, but I was afraid something was going to happen. It was ok when I first got there, and the cleaner lady says "oh, hardly any build up, keep up the good work!" so I think "whooo hooo, this will be fast" and she then proceeds to scale my teeth for like half an hour. I haven't had my teeth scaled in like 10 years, and I still hate it. So she's picking and picking and suddenly I start to get a tad bit nauseated, and start thinking of the omellette (I can't spell it) I ate, and it was a little touch and go. And they are all shit hot for me to get these fucking crowns done, but honestly, I can't sit there for 2 hours or whatever without majorly panicking. Atavan won't work very good anymore for me at the dentist, so I have decided to bite the bullet and at my next physical in May, to ask my doctor for Xanax for my crown appointments. I've got to be majorly sedated, and Sharon, who also has panic attacks, says that Xanax will knock you on your ass. However, I think Atavan makes her incredibly sleepy too, and it doesnt do that for me, so I don't know. Anyway, I'll post that trauma when it happens.
Rachel's parents took the kids out for supper tonight, so we ended up going out for like a $50 dinner and then went Easter shopping. Rachel is so nervous for tomorrow that I could throw up for her. It's her interview, and she's so freaked out because it's an hour and a half. I don't know why they are interviewing her, because this dude has way more seniority that her, so he would HAVE to get it, but I dunno the method to their madness.... So, I am sending up a little prayer for a good rest for her tonight and calm nerves tomorrow.
I am taking tomorrow off I guess. I was going to go to Saskatoon, but I don't think so now. I have to get shopping for Easter dinner too, and clean up, and whatever..... oh man, too much to think about.
Survivor sure sucks this time around. I am just glad that the rotten pants hillbilly is gone. I couldn't stand that little fucker and his skanky drawers. But the show overall just doesn't do much for me. I have Amazing Race taped which I'll get to this weekend.
Hey, wasn't that something about Idol? Leave it to Fox to fuck everything up. Now the premiere of Life on a Stick is held off a day. And I was so looking forward to it. (I'm joking).
Margo commented on her blog about yesterday's post. Man, we are so lucky we made it out of that cycle of dysfunction we were in. LOL, not that we are the picture of mental or physical health, per se, but damn, we were kind of those lazy ass kids that we see now and think "grow up, get a job, shape up, loser!" Tonight I was thinking of that at dinner. We went to the restuarant Margo, her father and I went to some years back in high school, where we drank a 100 and some dollar tab on a Sunday, and then proceeding to go out to this lake with the whore and some gross dude she was pumping and went to his family's bar, where he was going to steal a case of beer. Well, the family all comes home at once and I dunno how, but they think Margo of all people put him up to taking this beer from the bar, this big fat bitch of a sister of this dude comes out and just punches Margo through the window of the truck.
God, Margo always got violated. One night after the bar closed, we went back to my house to drink, and it was me and Margo and Rubes, and Clara, and Lolita, who picked up the lead singer of the band, and then my hillbilly friends Ann and Kevin came, along with this posse of losers they hung out with, including Ann's brother, named Blane. So Ann is violent when she drinks, but we don't really think about this, and Lolita, being the little, well... carefree type of girl she was, with the enormous libido, takes this skinny little puke from the band and they go to have a shower at my house. Well, first off, this is the night my water heater breaks, so there is no hot water, but I forgot to tell them about the minor flood earlier in the evening. So anyway, they are doing whatever in the shower, and I am downstairs I think talking to someone or something, and Ann and her gross hillbilly friends want to break down the bathroom door and then suddenly everyone is in the kitchen and Ann is yelling "Lolita, you slut!" and Lolita is weeping and I scream for everyone to get the fuck out of my house and then somehow Blane punches Margo in the nose, and her poor nose bleeds all night on my salmon colored sweater she was wearing. I think she still has the scar on her nose.
Another night we were in the bar, and I was with my sister and brother in law and their friends, and Margo is drunk and walks to the bar across the parking lot. Well she comes back all drunk and says "I got choked" and I was talking to my sis and just said "yeah yeah, shut up, we're talking" and she's all "no, I got choked..." and she wobbles, and I just ignored her, but it turned out that this dude was buying her drinks at the bar, and then his woman came in, and Margo was going to leave, and as she was walking towards the door, this woman just lunged at Margo's neck and, well, choked her. Clara's brother saw it and said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, like it was slow motion or something. So anyway, poor Margo, she was always getting slapped up or choked or something for no reason at all.
Yeah, this thing is getting heavy with the reminiscing, but if I don't write it down, I'll forget these nuggets, and as screwy as some of the stuff we used to do was, we have good memories, and they will last a lifetime. LOL, "That's What Friends Are For" should be playing in the background. Actually, we used to sing the song in Margo's old Nova in grade 10, singing into our Apricot Brandy bottles (LOL, we were weirdos weren't we, drinking frigging mickeys of liquers straight from the bottle.....).
Well, I've rattled on enough. It's weird, because I like to recap my day here, so it's all this happy dad stuff, and then i write this rank shit from back in the day.... lol, it just flows......
Margs, I am off again tomorrow, so I'll just speak to you through the blogs.
Until tomorrow, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars,
JT

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL your titles are sounding so abstract and artsy lol, Anyways
Sounds like you had a good father daughter day, like I said you are such a good dad. :)

I can just see you at the dentist, trying to figure out who is who. That is such a Seinfeld moment lol. I was getting a little panicky whilst i was waiting for my crown to be baked and I was just sitting there watching tv.. I am such a loser..

Its funny that you mentioned the salmon sweater incident cause I was telling Sage about that yesterday,. lol I did seem to be a shit magnet back then, hell I still am. I was always getting banged around, the innocent victim you could say.lol
Oh Sage was asking to read your blog, but I said that I would have to ask cause I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone else to read it.

Oh by the way I am off work today too, so maybe will blog at ya later.
ciao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home