Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Funny, my dreams of steeping Minnie Pearl's Hat Were all in Vain....

Late - no time to diarize. Instead, one quick comment before bed. Just read in the papers that Jen filed for divorce from Brad, thereby ending the innocence of Gen X's Camelot (please see the satire there, as Brad Pitt completely irritates me and I wish nothing more than for him to become a Scientologist and run off with Tom Cruise - sorry Rosie - and the rest of those nutbags and live out in the desert, waiting for Hubbard to return, and leave movies alone). Anyway, whilst thinking about this fairytale gone wrong, I have to comment on 5 embarrassing pop culture things I had wrong:
1.) I was about 14 before I realized that Minnie Pearl had price tags on her hat, not tea bags as I originally thought.
2.) I initially thought that Annie Lennox was a man.
3.) I thought that Pink Floyd was a person, not a band.
4.) I pretended I knew Doug and the Slug's hit "Too Bad" for years and loved it, before I actually heard the song 6 years later - and hated it.
5.) I've never seen a Star Wars movie. And I hope I never will.

With that, I leave you for tonight. Margo, if you read this, it's after 12 so I can't comment now, but your post made me LOL about stepdaddy. I have some comments to make about the whole thing, after I waxed philosophically on it this afternoon, but it will have to wait until tomorrow night, so keep checking your comments on posts after they get old, because I am slow.
Gotta go, just ate ice cream and feel fat: not Kirstie Alley fat, but Rueben Studdard fat..
JT

1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Reuben Studdard fat. Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home