Friday, July 14, 2006

random memory #547

Margo came up with this clever ditty one day whilst driving around listening to My Boyfriend's Back:
My boyfriend's black and my mama really hates him
Hey-la, hey-la, my boyfriend's black.
Arnold and Willis have no friends,
since they moved to Park avenue.

You know, we thought it was funny, because we would have thought Margo's mom WOULD have hated that. But you know, she ended up being more tolerant that we thought she'd be, and accepts her daughter's life partner, and her Asian daughter in law. However, she still votes conservative. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I heard the original song today and the Margo lyrics came flooding back. God love ya Margo.
xo

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I totally forgot that... Man I am talented that way aren't I?? I can still wip off a little ditty on the fly.. I am always changing the lyrics to songs to apply to whatever is going at that moment.. Rochelle is even getting better at it, but not as good a the master.. lol
Oh by the way, all I have to do to make Rochelle laugh her ass off is to do the 'Blair' imitation
M

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

OMG Devo and I used to do the same thing, only the lyrics were always completely filthy!!! Terrible girls that we were...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home