Thursday, March 16, 2006

A WHOLE LOTTA NUTHIN 4 U (LOOK, I'M WRITING LIKE PRINCE)

I am so frigging tired, but I am sitting here watching American Inventor, and since I won't be going to bed for a while, I thought I'd check in. The past three weeks have been frigging - no, frigging isn't strong enough of a word - fucking - crazy. And, of course, I am too exhausted tonight to even get into anything. I'll get into the whole saga with my father some other time, maybe this weekend. I just don't have the energy, but we had quite the scare which completely freaked the everloving shit out of me. But anyway, not tonight, I don't want to relive the whole damn thing.
Work has been busy as all heck too. My job is so complicated - remember I was on a one year term? Well, they had to post it again, and I of course got it, and since I am on a leave from my other job, I have to let them know in the next week or something if I am coming back. Well, I am not. Of course, it is still hard for me to actually cut the ties - you know me, sentimental, scared, and codependent as per usual. Anyway, I am keeping the new job - don't tell anyone. Holy God, this sure is a blah, boring post. LOL, I am just so tired - work has been so damn busy this week and my kids came down with this cough last night and coughed all night long - I was up for a couple hours last night. The diet has sort of been shot to hell too in the last month, and I've only exercised once a week or so, so maybe that's why I am especially tired too. Anyhow, that's my whining for the week, and I'll get into the whole past three weeks this weekend.
Oh, the one thing I will report on - we bought a new van. I almost shit myself that we actually did it. Seriously, I thought I was going to soil myself by signing on for a car payment again. But we needed it and yada yada yada, so there ya go - its a 2005 Caravan, with a DVD, so the kids want to sit in there constantly and watch Brady Bunch. They watch hours of Brady Bunch a day - it's such an addiction for them.
Oh man, this is so damn boring, and since I post so sporadically, I am sure the only person reading this is Roxanne, and that's out of pity.... lol, when I have some sleep, I'll be my perky little self.
So I was doing laundry this evening and got to thinking about shit they always discontinue, and I realize that so many products I like have been discontinued. The thought crossed my mind when I saw the 1/2 ounce of Downy Advanced we had left. It was never sold in Canada, but we'd buy a shitload when we would go to the states. The smell was awesome and it didn't gunk the fuck out of our washer. Of course, it's discontinued now. Same with the original Oxydol detergent. It was the only shit that worked good, and smelled awesome - like Tide with Bleach but stronger. Of course, it's long gone now. Then they took Kraft Meat Pizza Mixes off the market, the ones in the green box. Those things were the bomb, and now they are gone too. Same with Kraft spaghetti sauce with the blue label. Then there was Mr. Pibb (like Dr. Pepper but stronger), Tab, and Aspen (the apple flavored one) pop, spearmint Bubble Yum, Boo Berry and Frankenberry cereal, Catalina with Bacon salad dressing, and creamy Italian salad dressing. Does anyone remember Treasure chocolate bars? They were pieces of different filled chocolate all joined together? I always had a hard on for Orange Aeros, but they have come back from time to time. I also mourned the loss of onion and garlic chips, but they brought them back too. I also miss cinnamon dental floss (not sold in Canada anymore), Gillette Menthol shaving cream, Old spice gel deodorant, Body on Tap shampoo (remember with the beer) and Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific. They also got rid of Orville Reddenbacher BBQ popcorn, which I was addicted to, and I haven't seen boysenberry yoghourt for years.
There's just so much I miss - I am sure there is more.
So anyway, anyone else have any discontinued stuff they pine for?
Well, this post is so going nowhere but I can't stop typing. I bought one of those new Fusion razors, because the commericals made it seem like the fucking thing would just make my face smooth as a baby's arse in such a gentle way, I wouldn't even notice it was yanking out my hair. Well, the review is in, and sadly, the fucking thing does indeed make your face smooth, but damn, the thing hurt my face every frigging second of the way. I don't know, Gilette really doesn't make a razor that I like. I am more of a Shick man. This new razor is just so rough. I mean, how the hell long have razors been on the market? Why are they still trying to up the ante? I mean, this thing says it has like 6 blades, and do we need 6 blades? What next? A razor with 18 blades, the size of a washboard? I just don't get it. So, anyway, the long and the short of it, the Fusion does a really good job, but hurts like a son of a bitch.
So yeah, I get sucked into the whole new product thing all the time. Remember when Axe came on the market? I bought that shit up like it was going out of style, and smelled like a 14 year old boy with my cheap man-perfume all over me. I've also been sucked into buying toothbrush sanitizor in the past, as well as stupid things like microwave cleaner.
Hey, another lost product - does anyone remember McIntosh Apple Juice by Sunripe? It has probably been off the market since the 70s, but it was in a pink container, and it was really sorta tart and cloudy. It was so good. I think it was Mac Apple juice. I should email them and ask what the hell it was. It was sort of similar to Apple Lime juice by Sunripe, which I also loved, and which also is off the market now, damn them..... damn them all to hell, I say!! I will stand on top of the rooftops and damn them all! Kiss my flat ass, Sunripe! LOL, I am so overtired, I have no idea what is going to come out of my mouth.
So let me just mention Survivor and Idol before I go - first off, Ciree or whatever the hell her name is happens to be who I am cheering for. I hate hate hate those men on the other team and hope they all go down.
On Idol, Mandisa is the bomb - the bald dude is good, and I hate to admit I think Ace is good, but Mandisa - damn baby. But tell me this: it's theme week, and of course it's Stevie Wonder week, and they always sing fucking Stevie Wonder every other week anyway, but I mean, how frigging boring. As soon as I heard it was him this week, I said "baldy will sing Superstition or Higher Ground and nerd boy will sing I just called to say I love you or Part Time lover (I am trying to get out of my anal nature from my English degree background by not capitalizing or placing the song titles in quotation marks, and it's killing me), and sure enough, they did. Now make no mistake - I fucking LOVE Stevie Wonder, I admit it. I think he's a frigging genius - it sounds so lame, but I just think he's the cat's ass, but FUCK, pick better songs to sing. Now, "Love Light in Flight" is one of my favorites, and that ugly down syndrome looking guy could have pulled it off, but no, he does some lame shit. Stevie has a fucking catalogue of how many hundreds of songs, and they come up with that? Oh man, they all deserve to go home after this week. And Pickler... oh, sweet hillbilly.... I have cheered for her because of her sad story, but honest to God, I want to slap her with a fucking dead flounder because she acts like such a frigging retard. The whole Lurleen Lumpkin/Luanne thing has to go. And the songs are all horrible that she does. But then I think of her sad story and I am all "you go Pickler honey!" Oh, and Bucky.... oh, sweet, ugly, ugly Bucky. I have no words for you.
Let's just say Idol can take the money they give to that Black woman who coaches their singing and give it to me to pick out the songs for them. And Paula is drugged again. Drugged and horny. I don't mean to be vulgar, but again, she flails those arms around when the cutsey boys sing and she has that drunk/drugged up look in her eyes and you just know she is thinking "why did I fuck that ugly thug and get caught, because I'd rather be doing you". I always say "oh, she's getting wet again" but that's so crass I can't believe I actually say it out loud.
Ah, but she aiiight, don't get me wrong. Bitch is cool. It's all good.
So anyway, that's my ramble for tonight. I'll post more regularly, I really will. Just gimme a good night's sleep.
oh, I have yet to win on Tim Horton's roll up the rim this year.. bastards... the RAV4 should be mine!
xo
JT

10 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! I will comment tomorrow, this was classic JT and I needed some of that shit! Hahahahhahha!!!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Good to hear you still alive.. lol
Congrats on the new van. Sounds Da Bomb. I imagine that DVD will pay for itself in sanity on your shopping trips to the states. Don't worry about the car payment, you will get used to it.
I can't really think of anything that i loved that went off the market except maybe Muslix Almond and something.. it was really good now everything they have has weird fruit in it..and you know how i dislike fruit.. Oh I really do miss the original CHilli and CHeese from 7-11.. remember when I first moved out they had it. and you could pump it yourself out of that metal pump thing.. I had that for supper every nite of the week. for only $1.49.. I bet I pumped in 2 lbs of cheese too.. Of course I pumped it into the corners of the box then put just a little bit on top so I didn't look like a pig... lol.
Can't comment on Idol b/c I would rather chew my arm off than sit through it.
Survivor, well I hate that crazy smoking guy, The black girl is funny.
Amazing race, I liked the sisters who lost, hate Lake and Michelle. If he yells one more time I will lose it..

Well I think thats it.
Later gater
Margo

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I got the 05 Caravan too with the DVD...what color did you get?! That thing is the bumdiggity!

I can't believe you fell for the Fusion razor scam! Every few years they trick you into a whole new razor system and jack up the prices! Washboard blades for certain!! Do you heat up your face with a facecloth or something before you shave? Did you know that men's blades are sharper than women's? That's how it appears to me anyway.

I hope Ciree wins too, I like her "let them eat each other" strategy! That Shane is a fucking looney! He seems bipolar or manic depressive or something.

Again, I'm not watching Idol. I may watch the finale, if it promises to be a good one.

I've been drinking Timmy Ho's every damn day and all I've won so far is a coffee.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well howdy there!! I've been watching and waiting for you to return, so that I could have a good old commiserating chuckle. Glad you are back!! Roxanne said I better comment so you would know she's not the only one reading-haha! I am totally watching Idol this year for the first time and I am hooked. It is fascinating in a freakish sort of way. I can't believe dorky boy is still there, I mean, he lisps when he sings for god's sakes!
Don't stay away so long next time!
Devo

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I don't want to state the obvious, but IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!! I wanna read about the drama!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

Glad you're back!!! I was almost getting desperate enuf to blog myself!!!

I miss Timotei shampoo - does anyone remember it or was it just a figment of my imagination?! A few months ago my favorite soya sauce, China Lily, was naught to be found...was getting a little panicy until the longshoremen settled their strike or whatever and the soya sauce started flowing again!

Love your blog list - envy people who know themselves so well and can articulate it! Still swear by those IV drugs for that dentist phobia! What we lack in personality, we make up for with the drugs!

Hope you are getting some sleep and all those sweet girls get healthy real fast!

Cheers!
Heather

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Is THAT what happened to China Lilly?!! God, I've been eating no name soya sauce because that kikkoman stuff is shit! I'm buying a case of it if I ever see it on the shelves again!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger JT said...

NO - China Lily is back! There was a death in the China Lily family or something I heard which is why they stopped production but it's back. We were scared - I almost bought some on ebay. Kikkoman is too malt flavored or something... Anyway, CL is back and all is well with the world.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, you guys are losers... freaking out about china lily soya sauce... lol..
I shouldn't talk b/c when I was looking for my apt I made sure there was a 7-11 handy so thatI could have easy access to my nachos and cheese..

Margo :)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

China Lilly Losers...hahahah!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home