Friday, February 24, 2006

Well, I feel completely gross at the moment. My dear 4 year old said tonight "Dad, let's get KFC!" and I said "how do you know what KFC is" since we never eat there, and then she went on and on and told this story about how we got it one night and she fell asleep on the way home, and what she ate and on and on, and she was so damn cute I went to pick it up. Well, I've had a gut ache ever since, but not sure if it's from the KFC or unrelated. Holy shit, do a lot of people ever eat KFC - I didn't realize. I stood in line for fucking ages to place my order. So anyway, I feel slightly gross, but whatever. Serves me right for falling off the wagon tonight.
This week has been tiring - I've had trouble sleeping, and I don't know why. I am not a person who sleeps easily, and it's been worse than normal. So, I am tired, and my poor little Kim has been sick still. She FINALLY got over the stomach flu on Tuesday - she had the runs for 10 days - but she was so frigging crabby still, and up 1000 times a night, and on Wednesday we noticed her neck was swollen and lo and behold, Rachel took her to the walk in clinic where they told her that she had an ear infection and her ear drum was bulging. Well, this walk in dr., one of the South African contingent I blogged about a while ago, said he didn't treat ear infections because research shows antibiotics aren't needed a lot of the time, and to take her back on Friday if it was still bad. Well, yesterday her neck was huge so I was so fucking pissed off I took her to my Dr. at noon and he looked at her ear and said it was cruel for them not to treat it. So, of course, I was all pissed off at those walk-in quacks who don't give a fucking rat's ass about anyone.
Ok, so bitch fest over for now. Gotta get to bed soon because we have swimming lessons tomorrow. I still can't believe I have my fat ass in the water.

So, ya wanna know some weird random things about me? I might was well do some free form babbling. Here goes:

-- My most hated food is mustard. I would eat worms before I ate mustard. Seriously. The smell makes me heave.
-- I have neurotic fears about many things - dentists, flying, being in a submarine, breaking a limb, being homeless, big dogs, vomiting, and fainting.
-- I am addicted to old tv shows - The Facts of Life, One Day at a Time, etc. If it's from the 70s, I love it.
-- I used to pretend Stevie Nicks was singing "Silver Springs" about me. I admit it. She'll follow me down til the sound of her voice will haunt me.
-- I left an anonymous note on my wife's car to express my interest in her, one drunken night. It said "thinking of you, guess who, love?" We still have it somewhere.
-- I hate boxer shorts. They offer no support and that little opening is just dangerous and stupid.
-- I do not know how to skate. Yes, a Canadian male. Can't skate. No desire ever to learn. None.
-- My favorite running shoe is New Balance.
-- I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, and drink tea all day at work - Chai, green, and Earl Grey. I also force myself to drink at least a litre of water a day at work. I piss a lot. A LOT.
-- I hate the smell of glue.
-- I love the smell of gas.
-- My favorite smells are the smell of decaying leaves - that autumn, October smell in the woods, you know what I mean.
-- I have never been east of Moosomin Saskatchewan.
-- My favorite place on earth is Chilliwack, B.C. I'd move back in 1 second if I could afford it.
-- I love rain. I love storms.
-- I have this thing for the smell of Tide with Bleach.
-- I find Kirstie Alley manly.
-- I think the Pam Anderson show "Stacked" is kind of funny.
-- I wish I was rich and famous.
-- I'd like to have two more children.
-- I have a shopping problem, particularly clothes.
-- I have a fear of going grey - my beard is getting all this blond in it, which scares me it's a precursor to grey. I think I will shave it off in the summer just to be safe.
-- I don't own a pair of boots.I couldn't tell you where a pair of mitts for me are. I am not a winter dresser.
-- I shop at Value Village regularly.
-- I drink an extra large coffee with milk from Tim Hortons.
-- I try to avoid Starbucks now because I am fat/calorie aware now and it seems too gay to order the non-fat, artificial sweetener/no whipped cream versions of my favorite drinks. I'd be a good friend for Britney...
-- I think those young Hollywood bitches like Nicole Ritchie are hideous.
-- I have this horrible thing of imagining gross couples doing it - ugly people or weird ones or whatever. Sharon and I would see some freakshows and then at the same time would say "can you imagine THEM doing it?" It's stupid yes.... but I am immature, so whatever.
-- When I was a kid, I thought "doing it" and "Screwing" were somehow two different things. And I thought the boy just placed his thing in the woman's thing, like a hot dog in a bun, and you just laid there for a bit. The books weren't quite specific enough.
-- I always vote NDP provincially, and while I sometimes have a sign in my yard for the NDP federally, this was the first time in the past two elections that I voted NDP federally. I think I really am a federal Liberal at heart.
-- I do not know how to dive.
-- I owned "Coles Notes" for all 17 Shakespeare plays I took in my Shakespeare class. I read the plays, but only after getting the gist from the Coles notes. I feel like a phony for doing this.
-- As I have said before, I've got this weird obsession for attics. It's really strange.
-- I shower in the morning and like to have a hot, hot, hot bath at night, and love to read in the tub.
-- I reread my favorite books over and over... and over again.
-- I subscribe to too many magazines.
-- I am allergic to most deodorants.
-- I am scared of bees and wasps.
-- I wish I could sing. I've got the music in me.... but I sound tone deaf.
-- I have really weird toenails.
-- I have a natural gas BBQ.
-- My goal is to grow blackberries in Saskatchewan.
-- I have no idea how to download a ringtone on my cellphone.
-- I need to go to bed.

So, that's some random thoughts for the night. Enjoy.
JT

6 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

I was jonesing for shrimp stirfry last night, so I fried up these ginormous shrimp in butter with mushrooms and onions. Well, it was so rich I felt like I was going to die all night. Blech!

I can't sleep so I am totally happy I found your random post...key points?

my latest neurotic thing is appointments. If I have to be somewhere at a certain time, I am kind of panicky.

That Stevie quote is the best song lyric ever written.

I do the SAME thing when I see weird looking couples! Like when I see a really big guy with a tiny little woman I imagine he just plops her up there and spins her like a top! (That's so fucking sick, I can't believe I wrote that!)

How weird ARE your toenails? Cuz I have a thing about ugly feet...would they freak me out?

You crack me up and I swear we were twins in another life. I hope you and your babies are feeling better soon. Oh and you need to update your profile...it's all wrong.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me laugh, think, and reminisce-I like that, so thanks! I totally have the same childhood thing about attics, and various other things you've mentioned. I totally agree about the weird looking people doing it-too funny! I am an old friend of Chunks, and always look forward to these voyeuristic forays into other people's lives! Devo

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger KB said...

You crack the hell outta me!!! I would love to meet you in person one day but then you would see that I pee my pants when I laugh too hard!!!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

i'm visiting from chunks' blog :)
i love your list, i'm fond of blogging lists, myself. i'll be back, thanks for the interesting read!

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo. Where are you little buddy?
Margo

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

The boxer shorts "being dangerous" is true. My husband had a funny experience with them and refuses to wear them since!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home