Saturday, January 14, 2006

If Angelina was in my attic, I'd fumigate

Angelina Jolie scares the living shit out of me - ever since we read this Rolling Stone interview a couple years ago with her, when she was talking about her love of knives and hurting herself and others and how her and Billy Bob wore vials of each other's blood around their necks, and she was all "it represents we are together forever... not just forever, but FOREVER!!!!" and that cemented her crazy nutbag nature in my mind. And while I don't want to be judgmental because that is a resolution of mine, she did indeed have an affair with Billy Bob when he was engaged to Laura Dern and I think they were like married by the time Laura found out, and then the whole Brad and Jen thing - she's just a black widow, and she's strange and boring and greasy and gross. I know Margo will argue that she's beautiful, but if you mix her looks with her personality, you end up with trash, sorry. Weird, not interesting trash, either.
It's Saturday morning and I miss the Schoolhouse Rocks of my youth - I am feeling nostalgic yet again..... I don't like the new Scooby Doo - it's too scary and gross for kids, even though Natalie from Facts of Life is the voice of Velma. We have season one and two of the original and my kids love it. Oh, Did I tell y'all that my kids love the Brady Bunch. In fact, Keryn wants to watch it all the time, especially the Hawaii vacation one where they find that bad luck charm that is taboo - remember? Well, she's my kid allright - full of quirks. You see, I've been obsessed with BB since I was a kid, and now so is she. She can sing the theme, recite dialogue... lol, she's so my daughter. Oh, and she's got this other strange quirk of mine - she's got this thing for attics. You see, where I lived as a kid, there were no old houses, so I always thought it was neat when I saw these spooky attics full of junk in movies and always wanted one. Then, when we moved here ,there were tons of old classy character houses with attics, and I always wanted to go in a see an actual attic - LOLOL, oh I sound so strange don't I? Anyway, we lived in this old house, built in 1929, but it didn't have an attic you could go in, but it didn't stop me from looking for a hidden staircase to the attic....lol, I was bored a lot as a kid. So anyway, to this day, I still will go to an open house if I see it has three stories, and I dream of having a house with a big attic. Well, my daughter is the same - she is always asking when we can clean our attic and when I tell her we don't have one, she looks disappointed, and she loves the Brady Bunch where Greg and Marsha fight over the attic bedroom. So anyway, that's another strange quirk about me - at least I don't wear Rachel's blood around my neck....
Well, I suppose I should get on with the day. I am going to see if I can get Keryn and I into these parent and child swimming lessons that start today - I think she'd get a kick out of it.
Anyway, that's the random thoughts for today.
JT

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, Well I am glad you quirkyness will live on for another generation.
She definitely has good taste in TV though.
I do agree that angelina is crazier than a loon, but she is beautiful.
Peace out

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

You've resolved to be less judgemental, WTF?! I hope this doesn't last too long! (hehee!)

I have an access in my ceiling upstairs to a small attic-y type of area. I don't plan on ever going up there though, I think it is more of a crawl space. My mom has always been fascinated by attics too...they are scary and creepy. Maybe because I read Flowers in the Attic.

Did you listen to alot of Depeche Mode back in the day? Have you heard their new one? Everywhere I turn I hear a Depeche Mode song and I'm loving it. I didn't really listen to them in the day, but now I am wondering why? They are lovely!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Is Natalie really the voice of Velma? I'll have to listen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home