Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nothing Warms a House More than a Simmering Pot of Chicken Fricasse just BURSTING with Carrots!

Ok, the title is from a magazine I was reading that had this recipe insert in it and this woman was going on about the recipe, and I just liked the sentence. I dunno, I thought it was funny - I have a strange sense of humor. But whatever. Anyway, just watching the Grammys after American Idol, and I have no idea what in the hell Bono is talking about right now. I am just too old for the Grammys now, honest to God, I mean, whatever, it means sweet piss all to me now. I remember living for these things 20 years ago, but now, whatever. I just hope Mariah wins something because as I have admitted on here before, I am a secret fan. But damn, bitch gained some weight, didn't she? The emancipation of Mimi indeed......
You know, I am sort of bummed that I don't care about these awards because you know what a freakish music nut I am. There just isn't anything out there that excites me that is really current. As I've quoted before from the lovely Courtney Love from America's Sweetheart, "When they say that rock is dead, they're probably right...."
So anyway, I am ready for bed, so I will have to give a point form summary of the week that was. Let's start with the kids being sick. It's funny, because we didn't even really realize they were sick. I used to be the biggest hypochondriac around, always on the lookout for the latest disease or illness to strike. I lived in fear of lyme disease, even though we are too north for ticks, of kidney failure, my liver shutting down, skin cancer, stroke, you name it. However, ever since we had kids, that all went out the window (well, except I thought my kidney were shutting down today for a minute because my legs were really red and itchy and I heard somewhere that this was a sign of kidney failure - whatever, I'm a loser). Of course, I now just worry about my kids being sick, and I am always running to the walk-in clinic with them to check each sniffle.
WAIT, MUST INTERUPT - PAUL MCCARTNEY SOUNDS HORRIBLE... AND THE FACELIFT... FUCK..... IS IT TRUE HIS WIFE'S WOODEN LEG WAS STOLEN?
Anyway, sorry for the interuption - so Keryn woke up last Tuesday in the middle of the night with a fever, but it was better in the morning so we didn't think much of it. Then the next day, coincidinkily, she was set for her check-up. We changed doctors for the kids, so they now go to my doctor, since I've known him for years and used to be their nanny and everything - did I ever post that I was their nanny when I was in university for their 5 kids? Anyhoo, we took Keryn for her first check up and I offhandedly said that she had a little virus or something and he looks in her mouth and said she had horrible strep throat. I felt so bad I didn't even know. Then I went "that's why Kim had such bad breath today!" so now they are both still on penicillin and recovering. So the week has been filled with that.
Then, the weekend was busy with throwing Rachel's dad a surprise party at our house for his retirement. We cooked a turkey and all that jazz, and so the week was full of that stuff.
Oh, I had a moral bancruptcy moment. Someone sent me this email and I opened it, and it was a picture and I read the caption first. It said "does this haircut make me look retarded" and then the picture was this retarded woman getting her haircut. So, I busted out laughing and then felt so horrible for the rest of the day. I just felt like such a shit, and so that killed the day for me.
What else, what else.... this blog is becoming so boring because I am so scattered.
Oh, We also did a stake-out trying to get the plates of the neighborhood stalker, of which we were successful. I don't know how to tell this story in 200 words or less, so I will post on it tomorrow, just because it's too long - and it's funny as all hell, but I have to tell it right, which I am not capable of doing right now.
Oh, and Rachel's uncle Peter and his partner Daniel got married!!!! They have been together 14 years, and since Harper and his agenda of hate are in power, they did the deed while they it was still legal. Their friends were going to get married in May, but of course with Mr. Harper they decided to do it Friday, so our boys said why not and they had a double wedding. SO they came up for the party on Saturday and told us - it was so exciting and I am so happy for them and so happy that they can actually have the opportunity to GET married. So that was nice news.
Oh, and remember when I wanted to go to NYC to the Joni Mitchell tribute? Well, I am glad I didn't beg, steal and borrow to go because our Joan didn't show up - her cat was ailing, they said. Whatever. But I sort of wish I did go because at the VIP reception, everyone met the performers, like Suzanne Vega, Lou Reed, Laurie Anderson, Shawn Colvin, Ritchie Havens, Judy Collins, etc. They all said Suzanne Vega was a bitch or on drugs or both.
Ok, Rachel wants me to ask the blog this - My new Men's Fitness had this article "How to Get her in Bed" and she looked at it and was offended as all hell, and I just went "oh" so she wants me to ask blogland what you all think. She said "as the father of three girls, aren't you offended by this" and yeah, I guess i should be, but I dunno, what do you think?
OOH, Mimi's on... now just shut the fuck up, but I think she's the cat's ass. I used to make fun of her, but bitch can sing, and I've been a fan ever since she sampled Tom Tom Club's "Genius of Love" on "Fantasy." I love Genius of Love - it's just the most coolest opening line in music:"What you gonna do when you get out of jail? I'm gonna have some fun!"
Anyway, I should get my ass off of here and whatever. Again, sorry for the blah post again, I promise to kick it up a notch.
Anyhoo, I gotta get to bed because I am rereading the Andy Warhol DIaries, which is about 900 pages, and it is one of my favorite books - if anyone else is a celebrity whore and likes the inside scoop on the 70s and 80s scene, this is the book for you - he dishes everyone and everything. You gotta read it - Chunks, it's right up your alley.
Ok, let me leave you with a question about songs - Sharon and I used to spend much time at work trying to figure these out. First, in the horrible Burton Cummings song "Break it to them Gently", when he sings "Roll it to my Grandma, gotta roll the old lady", what in the hell does that MEAN? Like, what the fuck is he saying? What do you do to roll it to the old lady? Roll what? It makes no sense. The other one is more of a mondegreen - I we used to think Gino Vanelli's "The Wheels of Life" was "The Wheel's Alive". Sharon and I had another song we couldn't figure out, but I can't remember what it is right now - I'll have to think on it. Oh, remind me to post tomorrow about the time we played Marianne Faithful's "Why did you do it" in front of her mom - if you don't know the song, it's filthy, with such lines as "why'd you do it, she said, why'd you let that trash get a hold of your cock and get stoned on my hash" - anyway, I'll talk about that later.
Anyway, I gotta get my arse to bed - we took the kids swimming tonight and I am pooped out.
Smell y'all later all.
JT

4 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Okay, JT thanks for making me piss my pants! I didn't watch the Grammys, I am in the same boat, they just don't do it for me anymore. Remember when Sinead O'Connor sang "nothing compares to u" at the Grammys that year and then proceeded to get shut out? Well, that about did it for me. haha! I would probably take that five-octave singing Mariah a bit more seriously if she would lose the spaghetti-strapped mini-ho-bag-dresses and wear some Chanel or something! God woman, you are not 16, put some clothes on!

Cool about the uncles tying the knot! I am waiting for an invite for Margo and Rochelle's big day...hahahah! Some day! Although someone is gonna have to send me some pictures! "I'm here for the wedding of these people with fake names and I don't know what they look like..." um yeah.

I think if the "How to get her in bed" article didn't include some tips on how to do housework and pick up your own dirty socks, then Rachel should just chalk it up to jock bullshit. My girlfriend picked up a Cosmo the other day and it was all "Give your man the best orgasm" and "Love positions" blah blah blah! Sex, schmecks! hahahah! Married-too-long alert!

I can't wait to hear the story about the neighborhood stalker...what the hell is that all about?!

Oh oh, I am rambling in your comments section. It's not bad enough I go on and on in my own blog, now I am leaking over into other peoples' blogs!! Pitiful!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't watched the grammys in years. Not interested anymore, actually I don't care to see any of the award shows.
Oh by the way Roxanne, you will be invited to the wedding if that day ever comes. :)

Margo

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh forgot.. you have to tell about the stalker,,, can mention that and then leave us hanging...

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my 2nd visit to your blog, and I must admit that it's becoming a part of my Saturday morning routine. Did you see the picture in the paper of Britney Spears driving with her 4 month old in her lap?.

What a chucklehead!!!

Shockin' that is, shockin!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home