Friday, February 24, 2006

public service announcement

You know how much I love children and myself, well, if I was a woman, I could never have an abortion, and I do have issue with abotions after the first trimester, BUT - it is criminal to take away a woman's reproductive rights, and read on - if it was my daughters or wife or loved ones, and they wouldn't even be protected in terms of rape.... thanks so much, conservative voters of the Americas. This is what agendas of hate and ignorancebring, supposedly in the name of God :

PIERRE, S.D. - South Dakota lawmakers approved a ban on nearly all abortions Friday, setting up a deliberate frontal assault on Roe v. Wade at a time when some activists see the U.S. Supreme Court as more willing than ever to overturn the 33-year-old decision.
Republican Gov. Mike Rounds said he was inclined to sign the bill, which would make it a crime for doctors to perform an abortion unless it was necessary to save the woman’s life. The measure would make no exception in cases of rape or incest.
Many opponents and supporters of abortion rights believe the U.S. Supreme Court is more likely to overturn its 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion now that conservatives John Roberts and Samuel Alito are on the bench. Lawmakers said growing support among South Dakotans for abortion restrictions added momentum to the bill.

God Help us.
Ok, off the soap box.
JT

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I also could never personally have an abortion, but I have friends who have had them, for personal and for medical reasons. I don't think the activities that go on in a woman's womb are anybody's business but her own. Although I would never have one myself, I want that choice there for my daughters, sisters, fellow women. First they tell you what you can take out of your womb, next they will tell you what you can put in your womb. It's just not right.

Thanks for posting this, now I am in a rant in my head. Damn, and I was hoping you'd have a post about song memories or something....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home