Friday, January 20, 2006

MEA CULPA

Yada yada yada.... it's the weekend - praise Jesus. The day began with a can of diet coke exploding in the car. I left a can in there last night and didn't park in the garage, and of course it was colder than a witch's titty here last night, so after I stumbled out of bed and went to start the car this morning, I see this shit all over the damn place and couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell happend, and then I saw the mangled corpse of the Diet Coke can. It was in the cd player, on the roof, on the dash, all over the seats..... it was so stupid. But you know, if that's the worst thing that can happen to you in a day, well, I can't explain. I am so tired today, so this will be short. Oh, I forgot to post my embarassing moment with the telemarketer the other day. You see, when people talk with an accent around me, I accidently pick it up. Case in point which I posted here before - our southern friend Lynne from North Carolina had this real southern voice, and as I was walking with Sharon one day, I saw Lynne and I guess I just put my hands on my hips and yelled "well, hiiiiii Lynne!" in this southern accent. So, don't mean to do it, but I just do. Well, the other day, this telemarketer from Amex calls trying to sell me some insurance, and he was East Indian, and I was being nice but then he got really pushy, so I just held the phone away from me and I said in what I thought was an English accent "no thank you, I am not interested today" or something, and I hang up. Well, Rach is looking at me like I am crazy, and tells me no, you weren't British, you were East Indian. Well, I was mortified. My life is a Seinfeld episode.
Well, bedtime for me. Have a good Saturday.
xo
JT

1 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

That's frigging funny!!!!! You know, after watching all of those Oprah DVDs, I was catching myself saying "Giiiiirrrrllll...." I might do this a bit myself hahahah!

Sorry about the Coke can...I did a similar thing today with a cup of international coffee...all over the inside of the van. Good times. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home