Friday, May 27, 2011

Chaz Bono and Other Bullshit that goes bump in the night.

So anyway, I am sitting here listening to country music. WTF you say? I too have issues admitting this. Oh sure, I will admit to listening to my Mary-Chapin Carpenter and my Rosanne Cash, but they aren't REAL country, you know what I mean? They are over-educated and left-wing, and such. But instead I am on itunes and am downloading some old favourites, which include Tim McGraw's "Red Ragtop". If all y'all don't know the song, oh boy, are all y'all missing out. It's the saddest fucking abortion story ever told. Go download it now. Yes, even from Frostwire. I don't care if Tim gets the dollar for the song - he's got enough. But please, get the song. It took balls for him to record it, especially since so much of contemporary country music deals with the Jesus-wholesome-pure set. Tim is different. He's one of those country performers I'd throw my panties at on stage if I was a woman, simply because he isn't scared of things like recording Red Ragtop. Sure, he does drivel with his wife, but even that shit is believable. And I have to admit that I know every word to "Something Like This." Sue me. "I had a BBQ stain on my white t-shirt, she was killing me in that mini-skirt...." Amen, brother. And Red Ragtop will make you weepy. Tim, you rock, buddy....
What else.... OH! Oprah is finally done. I haven't watched the final episodes yet - I still have about 18 to watch. I really don't think I care all that much. You see, I bought into Oprah years ago, and then I got disillusioned. As of now, whatever. We taped about the last 3 weeks just so see what she was doing. And while I haven't watched much of those episodes yet, we did watch the Chaz Bono episode.
Well, I am sorry, but "Chaz" is simply fucked up. Yes, I know, I am usually one who is open to everything, so maybe it's the country music talking, but the whole time I was saying out loud to Rachel that, in five years, Chaz is going to realize that he/she ISN'T any happier.
You see, they showed old clips from when "Chaz" was a child on the Sonny and Cher Show, dressed as a girl, and then they showed him/her as a 20-something singer, as a freshly out Lesbian. And THEN they interviewed old Chaz now, saying that after she came out, she was still so unhappy after the dust settled, and then she realized that she was really a man. So then she becomes one. However, it isn't that easy. They show him/her, with 1400 chins, shaving in the mirror, in a wife beater a la some Italian dude in Brooklyn, , and then they interview his/her girlfriend, who is a lipstick lesbian, who now I guess ISN'T a lesbian anymore, now that Chaz is a man. However, Chaz doesn't have a penis. I understand that he/she is a man now, but yet he doesn't have a cock. I don't get it either. And now I guess his woman is no longer a lesbian. But you can tell, after all of this shit, that Chaz will never be happy. It's one of those situations. Rachel and I both looked at each other and said "what will happen once he isn't happy as a man either?" Really, Chaz just has too much time on his/her hands and gets to grovel in his/her depression. I say suck it up, deal with whatever the fuck it is that makes you so miserable, and live your life. And get a job so you aren't obsessing about how shitty your life is. You weren't happy as a celeb child. You weren't happy as a lesbian. And all fingers are pointing to you not being happy as a man. And you have no penis. So how do you say you are a man?" It makes no sense. Can you pee at a urinal? No? Well then, honey, you are a WOMAN. DEAL WITH IT. Even Tim McGraw wouldn't know what the hell to say to you. I think it's all a crock. Yes I do believe that some of you do think you were born in the wrong body, but not Chaz. Fuck that shit. Chaz, you are just being depressed and indulgent. Suck it up, buttercup.
And that's all I have to say on that shit.
Peace out, friends.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Rox said...

Howard Stern pretty much said the same thing but he watched the documentary, Becoming Chaz, which I guess was quite a trainwreck. I don't get it either, but if you're unhappy in your body, aren't you just unhappy? A body is just a shell. What the hell do we know?

Tim McGraw?! Dude, if you threw your panties on stage at him, Faith would grab those panties and jam them right down your throat! have you ever seen how aggressive she gets with his fans? It's crazy! Speaking of crazy, Patsy Cline and old school Reba. And old school Judds. That's country. Anything after 1995 is just blah for me...

how's Westie? HAHAHAHAHAHHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home