Monday, February 18, 2008

Ah, the Dream Academy... God Love 'Em

Holy moly, it's been a while, hasn't it? Well, as my old coworker Lorie would say, suck my ass, I've been busy. That was her favorite expression. It sort of grows on you after a bit, doesn't it?
Anyway, I have nothing to say, and still don't feel like writing, but I thought I better, or I'd lose the two readers I do have. What HAVE I been doing, you ask? Well, I don't rightly know. You see, I was awol for January, which isn't out of the ordinary, because I always get the... well, not exactly the doldrums, but something like the mini-doldrums in Janaury. I don't know if it's the post Christmas thing, or the frustration of being stuck in cold, dark weather, because January is when it seems to be the darkest and the coldest and the bleakest. Or I don't know if it's SAD and lack of daylight and vitamin D or if it's just because I am tired, but it's a really hard month for me to get through. Always has been. I always have this dread in the back of my mind for January. This year, it wasn't that bad, suprisingly, even though it is the coldest winter in almost 20 years (or at least I think that anyway). But really, I was just tired this year and wanted nothing more than to sleep when I could. And I've been reading again. Lots. I know I mentioned my true crime blitz, with my once every decade reading of Helter Skelter, which takes forever and which scares the bejesus out of me. But I've been reading a whole shitload of everything. It's nice.
I am also dieting again. And don't give me that song and dance about not dieting. Just leave me alone because I feel good. I was getting really big again, and so one day I just hopped on the scale on impulse because I usually avoid it, and said "fuck me dorothy" and then boom, I started exercising again, and I am down about 15 lbs maybe. It's like taking a glass of water out of the ocean, I know, but at this point I can start to tell I've lost some, so it's motivation, and since I over-ate each meal today (we had friends for lunch), I ran for 35 minutes tonight and feel a lot better. Also, we are going to Saskatoon tomorrow and staying overnight so that means I'll be eating junk like fucking Dom Delouise at the buffet table on a Carnival Cruise.
Anyway, it was Family Day today, so we had it off. The kids are off this week for winter break or whatever the hell they call it. I don't really understand why they have the week off, but it coincides with the Winter Festival here. Anyway, I took tomorrow off, and then I have this 2 hour training thing for work on Wed. morning in Saskatoon, and then I took the rest of the week off, and so did the wife, so we are taking the kids tomorrow to the city to shop and swim and such and they are so excited. It's so much fun to do stuff with them. And we deserve a break because we were all sick last week. I started it, with the flu - aches, the shits, cramps.... then the younger two got it. And since daughter #1 was performing in this huge talent show with her dance class from last year on Friday night, we tried to keep her away from all of us, but alas, she got it on Thursday. So it was touch and go getting her on stage, but she made it and of course I was the proud daddy and bawled through her performance again, and we were able to breathe a sigh of relief on Saturday. So, we spent Saturday spring cleaning - it warmed up freakishly to above zero so we opened all the windows and scrubbed every surface in the house and worked for 9 hours straight, and today we cleaned the garage and had friends for lunch and now I am beat, but it's been a good weekend all in all.
Just skimmed blogs tonight because I don't want anyone to reveal BB9 - I finally saw the first two, but am one behind, so I can't read anything until I see it.
What else.... well, I can't think of anything really. I just thought I'd weigh in while I had some energy. I'll try to update later in the week. Anyway, I need to make a new playlist for my MP3 - I am jonesing for Life in a Northern Town and Alive and Kicking right now, so I want to explore the best of 85 (I think it was 85). Of course, I will add The Sweetest Taboo (fuck, if there is a sexier song out there, I won't believe it), and Tender Love by the Force MDs and maybe Oh Sheila, and possibly Smalltown by Mellancamp, and Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat, and I Can't Wait by Stevie, and Who's Zoomin' Who (Chunks hates that song, but she's just crazy or something), and Listen Like Thieves, and You Spin Me Round, and She Sells Sanctuary, and Jungleboy (what's it called, by Baltimora - I think Jungleboy), and Pop Life, and oh, the list will grow. but I want to actually see what else was out in that year, so I must bid you adieu right now. Catch ya on the flip side (if you're Flippin to the A Side, that is!).
xo

2 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Rox said...

If all I have to do it leave town to get you to blog, I'll do it more often.

I haven't heard the Bronski Beat in a hundred years! OMG!

I just picked up a whack of discs yesterday, I was like a little kid at Future Shop! I'm not even sure what I bought.

Have a good time in the city!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Rox said...

Looks like I'm the only one rolling around on your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home