Sunday, December 23, 2007

whatever you think of the title

I don't have time to write, but let me just say I agree with the comments. As I looked out the kitchen window this morning while I made coffee and spied the river, I knew I could never leave this house. And I knew Margo would see the vision in the other house, because I see it too but Chunks knows me enough that since I can't hammer a nail into a board (thereby ending my dreams of entering String Art projects in the summer fair), the prospect of lots of renos just wouldn't work for me. And Devo was right in telling me to dummy up.
As for the school thing, don't get me wrong - I love our school. It's just that because parts of the neighborhood are transient (due to the closure of another school in the area, thus giving us the transient population now that the closed school used to have), we are overrun with so many sad stories and such, and you know, I want my kids to remain kids, you know what I mean? Like, the middle class is almost non-existent there now. The reason we chose our school was because we wanted a good mixture of classes and races and such for our kids. Most people in the area seem to send their kids to this one particular school via bus, because it also offers French immersion (which I dont' support, let's not debate it, ok?) but it is so white and rich and elitist and snobby that we would never want our kids there. But this other school I talked about, in the neighborhood where the other house is, is the PERFECT mix of kids from all sorts of backgrounds. But alas, it ain't gonna happen. And if it is, it will come to me in a dream.... LOL.
I better get to bed - it will be a crazy 48 hours coming up.
Oh, I am so mad at this book I am reading. I ordered from Amazon this stupid book about Joni's "Court and Spark" album - part of some series profiling classic albums or something. Anyway, I fucking HATE it when people try to be all wordy and literary when they aren't. And to get a point across about anything, he rambles on and on about songs NOT on the album, and I want to throw the book at his head. But enough of that - I am going to go to bed and try to finish my 101 Reykjavik book. If I don't talk to you peeps, have a great Xmas.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Rox said...

String art projects...wow. I never did one of those but I should try one now. Who am I kidding? String art was lame then, it's lamer now! Lame like Fonzie! LOL!

I forgot to mention that my mom used to sing the My Dingaling song. I thought she had made it up, you're the first person I've known since then to sing it. Weird.

The next few days will be hectic in a lazy way here...it will be nice to just hang out with the kids and watch movies and eat. Have a great time with the family and try not to knock anyone up over the holidays! LMAO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home