Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dan Fogelberg, RIP

I'm just not in the mood for writing tonight. Tired, and melancholy from listening to Dan Fogelberg, who died this week. I know I've mentioned it continually each time Margo and Chunks emailed this week, but I feel blue that he died. 56 years old. Prostate cancer. Way too young. And I love his music. One of my favorites is "Same Old Lang Syne" - he's probably best known for "Longer" and "Leader of the Band", but SOLS has always got me. I also love "the Language of Love" but that one isn't melancholy.... and "Heart Hotels"... yeah, love that one. And "Netherlands".... anyway, here's to you, Dan.
I'll post all about the reunion and all of that this weekend.... I just don't have anything in me right now. Also, I am reading this crazy book, 101 Reykjavik, which is a trip - I can't even describe it, but it is translated from Icelandic, and now I wish I could read it in the original. Anyway, it's something else......
LOL, oh I've got to stop listening to this music - I feel so blue at the loss of Danny boy....
When Joni, Stevie, and Rosanne kick the bucket, Lord help me........

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Rox said...

Now that you've blogged about it, I am going to have to look up some of his stuff because I swear to god, I don't know one Dan Fogelberg song. You're taking this really hard, I'm worried about you!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Devo said...

I had no idea he had passed away, apparently I am living in a fucking bubble. I like his music too, his voice was so unique. I need to look some of them up though as I'm not all that familiar. You are thinking about mortality too much, dude. Have some wine and some nooky, it's all gonna be ok. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home