Monday, November 26, 2007

Soapboxes aren't just for racing anymore

So, as I said to Chunks on her comments, I just caught up on 3 posts all at once and it's all too much to comment on separately, because I really have issues with the word verification thingy. Really, it makes me so angry, because you leave a three line comment and then have to type out zyggutrqqurit and THEN enter your user name and password, and I mean, I just don't have it in me. I always swear when I see the long word thingy because I am convinced everyone else who comments just gets "aim" or "qwerty" or something easy, and I get something that sounds like someone speaking in High Russian with a cold.
So now I can't remember what all my comments are - Oh, I know. First off, the grad meeting - I too am like you. I really don't think they should be drinking at a Safe Grad. However, it's different in Alberta. You guys can drink at 18 - I think everywhere else, it's 19 for the legal age. So here, there are no more wet grads. In fact, we, the class of 1988, had the last one, and it was stupid, really. You see, all our stupid grad shit went until like almost 11 o'clock (it's run so much better now and I am jealous), and then we didn't get there until after 11, and THEN I misunderstood. You see, I thought they said "all drinks must be DONE at 2:00 am, but they must have really said "the bar closes at 2:00" so, picture it (and remember we are all still underage, so this drinking thing in the open was the cat's ass), the beer was like 1.25 or something each and I remember buying, I totally shit you not, 14 beer, that was served in these stupid plastic cups, and sitting down at my table with my fellow alcoholics in training, all of whom were miserable for a myriad of different reasons, and not fucking moving until every one of those fuckers was gone. I remember drinking, smoking, drinking, not wanting to pee because I was so worried I wouldn't have a buzz before 2 when they took the drinks away. Well, retard Cletus that I was, finally realizes that they aren't going to take the booze away, but this is after I drink all 14 fucking beer, and I've never been one to suck back beer like that because really 7 or 8 would be enough to make me nicely pissed - so after 14 in less than three hours, I was so fucking drunk, but not in the good way, but in the "really stupid slobbery way" and all my friends as I said were pissy about everything so I wandered around the damn place talking to and dancing with nerds because there was nothing else to do. I remember proposing marriage to this uptight grade 11 girl named Cheyanne who was my neighbor and who looked like she never had a day of fun in her whole life, and dancing to "Fascinated" by Company B with this really large girl and trying to act all club like and really shaking it because some chick I was in lust over for like 4 years was next to me. And, there were TABLES of beer just sitting there that we just blatantly stole from all night.
I remember somehow hopping in one of the vans on impulse at 5:00 and going home, with my shirt ripped to shreds and tied in this weird knot like Chrissie Snow. It was a melancholy way to end the high school years, actually. It sort of depresses me to think about.
But anyway, we were the last wet grad. All the rest have been dry here and they are pretty cool - way better than the drunk we had. They have hypnotists and all this shit, usually. And I mean, it was ok for seasoned drunks like us, because at this point, we were probably drunk 3 days out of 7 already anyway, so it was just another night. But honest to Betsy, I've gotten prudish or something as I have gotten older because I resent focus being on drinking to have a good time. I am glad the legal age is 19 here. I am glad grad is dry. And I will watch my kids like hawks because being drunk as a teenager is NOT acceptable, sorry. I think back to my childhood and you know, I am traumatized by every fucking time I saw my parents drunk, and I am traumatized by what Margo had to go through with her dad, because I can tell stories that make my heart hurt, and you know, it's just not right. So no, I support Chunks on the whole drinking teen grad thing. Fuck that shit.
And I totally know what you mean about the... what did you call her.. a bunch of letters... the FNBMB or whatever it was - the parent who knows it all. Just grin and bear it. I dont' know if I told you guys that my lovely Rachel and I are on the parent council of our daughter's school - we joined last year and this year we are sharing the duties of secretary and treasurer. We are right involved, and since no other parents give a fucking shit, it's just us and about 5 other parents. And we are right in there, doing fundraising, asking questions, etc. I quite like it and I am glad we are doing this, and I cant' believe the parental apathy. I am by no means a model parent, but let me say this - if you are adult enough to spread your legs and procreate, than get involved in your fucking kid's life - if you aren't willing, then take Pink's advice, keep your drink and give her the money because it's just you and your hand tonight.
Ok, off the soapbox.
As for the dog Chunks found, I dont' know if she's still got it, but if it's still there, it's a sign my dear. Doggie one will deal. Eventually. If the vet put it down, that's a sign too, and you did good.
And if it's been wandering, it could be senile and lost. My sister's beloved Boxer "John" (making that name up in a veiled way) was like 8 and he disappeared. They found him something like almost a month later in the fucking COUNTRY miles out of town, just wandering. Then like 3 weeks later, my sister's husband died. It always seemed like some sort of last gift, to bring the dog home right before his master died. The dog wandered off again the next spring never to be seen again. But anyway, my point is that this dog might be old and wandering. I don't know.

It's going to minus 32 tonight. I don't remember this kind of Novemeber cold for years and years. it's the shits, really. As my friend from Saskatoon keeps telling me (because they don't have snow, or if they do, it just happened) "you guys must be paying for something" and my response is that God is protecting us from global warming, so when you all are drying up in the sun, we will still have a green oasis. Viva la winter!

Ok, that was forced excitement. I can't remember if I had anything else to comment on. Of course, margo and Devo never write anymore, so I guess not. We go for the ultrasound on Thursday. Even though I am sure its only one baby, because she's always this showy this early (due to the fact that she carries our babies waaaay up high, like Urkel), and he's only asking for this because she's never been his patient before, i still wonder about the twins because the second that second line appeared I said "its got to be twins because you have hormones detected 6 days before your period" - I said it as a joke. But I am sure it's just one. However, I get freaked out here and there because we have never lost sleep from having babies, and, well, two of them will mean that we lose sleep. LOL, I feel selfish even saying that. but anyway, I am positive there is just one in there.....
Tomorrow, Sebastian and Lisa are coming for pizza so I guess I should get to bed. Sebastian is going to help me with French. I am sort of trying to learn French because I need to pass a translation exam. It is the last requirement for my Master's thesis, and I've avoided it for years, but I had a message from my advisor who said "why don't you try cree?" and so I thought I should just learn French once and for all, pass the translation exam, and then this bitch is done. So, since Seb is a teacher of French immersion, well, maybe there is hope. But I fucking hate every second of this shit.
Anyway, I should go wake my wife off the couch to come to bed. Well, maybe I'll make some toast too - I know how to party down, don't I?
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate to say this but I agree about the whole wet grad party thing. I don't think I would want Dex or Macy getting pissed up drunk like we did..I still remember that hangover from safegrad.. not fun..

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Devo said...

I totally agree with all points. And you're right, I don't have anything much to say these days, and when I do, I feel too fucking tired to spit it out. haha. Things are good though, don't get me wrong. Now I understand why you're having a 4th kid, you never lost any sleep with the others. Holy shit!!! You must have Angel of God semen or something, cuz mine did not let me sleep much. Thus, the quick severing of the vas deferens after #2 came along. Bye-bye satan sperm-heehee.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Rox said...

That's the difference between a dry grad and a safe grad. The kid feels safe though because she knows one of us will be there the whole time. That's what she said. Plus, I've already had the "drinking your brains out is not cool" talk with her.

Remember our grad Devo? My mom came to the party. Not as a chaperone but to party. Yeah. When I had a few beers and passed out with my head on the table from exhaustion, she came over and dumped a beer on me. Yeah. No fucking wonder I have issues. I ended up walking myself home and I was already in the tub washing the beer from my hair before she found me. Safe eh?

The dog was like an older puppy, still kind of a baby. Not old at all. Kind of dumb though but not because it wasn't smart, just because no one had worked with it. I'm going to call the SPCA or stop in there tomorrow to find out what happened. Maybe bring him a treat or something. I hope his former owner rots in hell or has at least had the shits worrying about him. Fucking loser.

Thanks for devoting yet another blog entry to me. heheh. You're the new president of my fan club. You're such a keener....hahahah!

My word verification is hwxfahr Let's see if I can type it again. Nope. The next one is nyomxour

 

Post a Comment

<< Home