Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Seeing Double?

OK I am completely in love with the new Springsteen track, Radio Nowhere - motherfucker, he's another one I am just completely apeshit over, even though I can't stand his wife. It freaks me out how these guys who sort of change your life with their music 20 or 30 years ago, can still keep bringing it home again. I am also completely loving the Dixie's Taking the Long Way Around, and, as I said before, Stronger by Kanye, although I hate to admit it.

Ok, enough of the music talk because nobody cares.

Anyway, as the cat is pretty much out of the bag, let me announce it here in case you don't already know. My dear Rachel is with child. Yes, we've mated again. She will be 12 weeks tomorrow. We've known since week 3, which was very bizarre, but anyway, the secret is out. We are due in early June. I really don't want any comments of the "four kids, are you crazy" variety because everyone looks at us like we are freaks. Well, as the Dixie Chicks would say "I could not follow and I'm taking the Long Way around, motherfuckers" - well, they don't say the motherfuckers part, but I thought I'd throw some Kanye in there. You know how it is - the kids were sleeping, and so I looked over at her and said "You can be my Black Kate Moss tonight", and the rest is history (if you don't know either song, this will make no sense to you).

But anyway, this is the funny part: So I've been trying to get Rachel to go to my doctor this time. My doctor is also our kids' doctor and he's wonderful. I've known him since I was a teenager and I used to babysit for his kids, all five of them, and if it came down to it, we can always run our kids over to their house if we needed any after hours medical help. She's always said she'd love to go to him but is weirded out because we know him.

Anyway, we were visiting over @ their house a couple months ago and when we left she said "ok, I think I can do it". So, last month, she went to him and he told her "I do a complete physical the next visit" to prepare her, and she got prepared for it all month.
So yesterday, she has the appointment. She's all nervous but deals. In all her freak out all week, I just tell her that at least it's something that's not repulsive and tell her that when she's got her feet in the stirrups to think about me having to go with my little problem last month and how he had to make pleasant conversation while I had to reveal my hairy ass nubbin with some sort of dignity. I dont' go with her to her appointment because she's getting the old poke and prod and it would just be weird to be there for that - I usually go to all her prenatal check ups though.

So I am sitting in the coffee room yesterday afternoon with my posse of 50 year olds, and I see through the window my dear Rachel standing there, so I go out and she looks flustered. I ask how it goes and she says ok, but then starts telling me how she had to wear this paper gown and blah blah blah, and then she mentioned to him that she thought she was bigger than usual for 11 weeks and she thought he'd say "oh, it's because it's your 4th" but he instead said "yes, you are, are your dates right?" and the next thing she knows he's saying he's sending her for an ultrasound early to rule out twins, because he's seen lots of twins lately and the last woman he saw who measured bigger had twins. So this is all while she's being probed and the nurse looks at her and says "BREATHE! BREATHE!" and my sharp as a tac wife says "well... I'm not thinking about my pap test anymore!" to which they all laugh.

So, next Thursday, we go for an ultrasound to "rule out twins" as the requisition states. Now, I know that she really isn't having twins, because she hasn't gained much weight, but is just showing early, and she always does, because she carries those kids so high in her stomach I swear she'll get a fist up her throat one of these days, but just the fact that we are doing this is bizarre. Then I kept thinking about it and all I could say is "we won't all fit in the van and we'd have to rent two hotel rooms when we go anywhere." So anyway, everyone thinks this is hillarious. And I'll keep you posted on the status of Bert and Ernie, as I am calling the possible child(ren).

And that' the rest of the story..... And I think my wife is more truamatized by the paper gown than anything....

4 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Devo said...

Well thanks for posting this for my benefit since I'm out of the goddamn friggin loop!!!LOL. Congratulations to you and your lovely wife on the latest baby bump! People who say those negative things about more than 2 kids are just jealous cuz they know they are incapable of handling it effectively, and it makes them feel inferior. Myself being inferior cuz I totally couldn't do it. So I bow down before you and think that you guys are amazing parents and people who have a lot to give and manage to keep it all in balance. I hope this doesn't mean no more interrupted blogging for nooky?? haha

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Bert and Ernies arrival.. can you imagine if you had 2 boys.. man that would be crazy.. or 3 then you could be the brady bunch..

M

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Rox said...

I was wondering myself if you'd planted it deep enough this time to be a boy. (HAHA!) Now that you've gone and called potential twins Bert and Ernie, all I keep thinking is "Pointy head, pointy head!"

Rachel is a good woman! I couldn't have more than two, I'm not equipped. I mean, I have the plumbing but I've only ever wanted two.

I'll sell you my van, it seats seven. (Doesn't yours?) It has the DVD player and four captains' seats. It's the same as yours though, isn't it?

Kanye and the Chicks...that was funny!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! What a virile stud you are!! I will be checking back often to make check on the status of Bert and Ernie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home