Sunday, October 07, 2007

A dog pooped in my basement and I just walked past it. Now I feel guilty and need to go pick it up in case someone goes downstairs before I do in the morning.
I am having router or wireless issues. My connection always is low. I don't get it. It's all fucked up. I had to connect with my sister's connection tonight. Fucking bollocks and wankers and gob-stuffed shite..... Anyway, whatever, I'll figure it out somehow, or just have no connection and have to blog from Safeway, which according to the sign, has wireless. True, it's probably Starbucks and not Safeway that the wireless is for, but I am resisting the urge to walk around the store, with my laptop in a cart, blogging about the whole shopping trip: "An old lady with blue hair just bought two tins of catfood and some 1/2 and 1/2. I wonder if she's single and what kind of cat she has, and if she's ever had a threesome" (yeah, that's the way my mind works, sadly).
Just finished watching Fantasy Island. You know, it's always creeped me out, and as I kid I thought it has something to do with Mr. Rourke and Tatoo, but I think it's because I also don't quite understand the thing - like, how does Mr. Rourke pull this shit off? It just gives me the creeps a bit, still. The one storyline was the lamest thing ever, about Marcia Brady trying to be a beauty queen, but she had daddy issues. Anyway, lame-o, but still good for nostagia, which is what I am all about. I am sure some Freudian would have a heyday with me, about my nostagia and trying to get back to my own ancient times, why, I don't know. Probably some signifying thing about trying to get back to the womb or something. I studied so much Psychoanalytical theory in university, I could scream. Most of it is bollocks. Not all, though.
So the nose is running a little clearer today, no headache, no post-nasal drip. Of course, I am still blowing my nose constantly, and it's still funky, but I feel more human that I have in 11 days. The penicillin must be kicking in. So we had our dinner tonight at the inlaws, but I wasn't all that hungry, so we are going tomorrow for leftovers. Look out, I'm strapping on the wooden leg.
I'm disturbed tonight. Found out this morning that this girl was killed in an accident last night. She would have been 18 or 19, and while I have no idea who she is, she is most likely a distant relative of my wife. Anyway, I guess she was in a car accident at 4 in the morning, just about 10 blocks from here - not all that far at all. The other girl is in critical condition. But something about car accidents, especially the young, always rattle me. The speed limit on that stretch would have been 50, and it was a busier road, but a residental area where it occured. My sister called to ask tonight if we knew her because there was this vigil set up where the accident was and kids were all over the place, I guess. Anyway, as I said, car accidents disturb me, especially the young. I keep thinking of her parents who had to get the call in the middle of the night, and the unreality of the situation and how 24 hours ago at this time, she was still alive, living her last 4 hours, and all the hopes and dreams gone, and then when I look at my kids and I think that only 12 years or so ago, she was their size and it breaks my heart and chokes me up, and I don't know if I am crazy or feel too much or am just stupid, but I can't shake my freaked-outness. So please, drive safe all of you. And keep your eyes on your driving kids at all times.
Well that was an up post, wasn't it?
You know, I can't even get mad at the shitting dog because we had them locked in the garage for like 12 hours, because I can't trust them in the house, and so they were only out for a few minutes when we came home tonight.
This morning I went for a walk. My inlaws were having brunch, and my family went at about 10:30, but I was still laying in bed because I was rough from my snot problems at that point, so Rachel said she'd come back and get me. However, I felt so shitty I thought that if I took a walk, maybe I would feel better, since it was so nice out, so I grabbed the mp3 player and off I went. I can't remember if I told you that I live right behind the North Saskatchewan. The street right behind me is River Street and I can see the river from my kitchen window. Two doors down is the access path to the river bank, which is a paved path and park that goes the entire length of the city. My inlaws live like 6 or 8 blocks down on the riverbank so I walked there and it was so beautiful. I love autumn. Did I ever tell you that my alltime favorite smell in the world is that sort of rotting wet leaves smell? Well it is. Probably again some ancient memory of trying to get back to the womb, because I remember that scent from childhood. Anyway, I love the fallen leaves, and I love rainy or cloudy fall days. Today was sunny and that was fine. It was a beautiful walk and was just what I needed. Well, that and a venti house blend from Starbucks. The Tim Horton's boycott is going on it's 4th week. I went through the drive-thru yesterday but that was to feed the family. I still haven't found coffee as good, but I am getting used to other coffee so that's good. I am not a dark roast fan, though, and Starbucks always tastes like dark roast, even when they claim it isn't. This will sound funny, but I got a frigging good cup at Mac's one day, and A&W's coffee rocks. Anyway, I fear that my NC tonight might have made me hyper because I can't stop typing and rambling. I'd love some wine right now, but the last thing I want to do is kill myself by mixing wine with my cold pill and my NC. Fucking bollocks anyway.
I should go to bed, but what to read? I just don't feel like Augusten's brother's book. I should read the Tales of the City series again because he just wrote another one I guess. Chunks, there are 7 TOTC, the Autobus you got had two or three in them. Get the rest, they get really good.
I bought bananas last week from Costco and they didn't turn out right - all blacky. Must have been frozen in the warehouse. Bollocks.
Sure wish I had turkey here. I want a hot turkey sandwich, smothered in gravy with a side of cranberry jelly (not sauce, I like jelly with the can marks on it) and lots of salt and pepper.
Anyway, hope everyone has a good thanksgiving. Eat lots, have some wine, and appreciate the people in your life.
xo

3 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day with the family.
What is with the Bollocks thing? You trying to be like Gordon Ramsey? lol
Happy Thanksgiving lil buddy

Margs

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

You didn't even give this one a title, which threw me off.

Anyway. My wireless connection is usually low too, but I always sit in the furthest part of the house away from the router. Meh.

When Devo and I were in grade 8, these kids we knew from pervert Pierre's arcade died in a car accident and we skipped school to go to the funeral.

It is always sad when the young kids get killed because not only are your mourning a life but the possibility that that young life contained. It's sad. Don't drink and drive kids!

My last batch of Costco bananas were simply inedible. They were grainy and gross. Blech! I love bananas, don't ask me why because I have no answer.

Read this book called UGLY by CONSTANCE BRISCOE. Makes my life story sound like a trip up Walton's Mountain! Or read the newest TOTC Michael Tolliver Lives. It was great!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Devo said...

I have to agree about the smell of fall and the wet rotting leaves, it is pure heaven to me. It takes me back to those peaceful times outside and it was cool and you played with everyone for hours. It makes me feel peaceful and introspective. Glad you're feeling better! I want a turkey sandwich and I didn't cook this year so now I really want to go buy a small turkey and roast it just for the sandwiches. haha. Whenever I hear about kids dying in car crashes it makes me feel sick. I always envision it like you do and imagine the loss of my own child and it feels unbearable to even think about. I can't imagine. You are so not weird, or maybe I'm just as weird as you are-haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home