Sunday, October 07, 2007

Uh Huh, this my shit

You have NO idea the stuff coming out of my nose today. I've never seen such a plethora of colors and consistencies and such. It's quite horrid. And I felt worse today than I have all 10 days with this thing. I guess the penicillin needs a day or so to kill it. Anyway, just going to make myself some Neo Citreon and go to bed, but of course, I also took a Safeway nighttime cold pill and I am scared of acetaminophen overdose or wrecking the old liver, so I am going to wait it out for a few minutes so there is an hour between doses, because I take double hits of NC - I want to fucking sleep, bitch.
This new digital recording this is too frigging cool. Before bed last night, I just went clickety click and set up weekly taping of Good Times, Facts of Life, Square Pegs, and Who's the Boss, which I watched this morning, and tonight I set up Hart to Hart of Fantasy Island to tape tomorrow. I was certainly disappointed at Square Pegs. I thought I remembered it well and that I loved it, and I could still sing the theme song during the end credits, but man, it was so corny and stupid and full of the most obnoxious laugh track..... maybe it was just a bad episode.
I am listening to "Midnight Wind" by John Stewart right now, a latest obsession. The song is like probably almost 30 years old now and don't know, you probably would think it was no hell, but I just love the shit out of it. You must be familiar with John's song "Gold", with Stevie singing background - you know, "when the lights go down in the California town, people are in for the evenin'" and the chorus is "people out there are turning music into gold."Anyway, "Midnight Wind" was the follow up, also with Stevie on back-up, and I just love it - a classic night-time song, you know, one of those midnight in the summer songs, that make you long for California... Oh man, sometimes I wonder if anyone knows what in the hell I am talking about.....
Another tidbit of useless information that I know - Max from Hart to Hart was married 9 times. Why do I know all this shit? Probably because we always had the Enquirer next to the shitter when I was a kid.
There's a big scandal brewing in this town that is supposed to be exposed this week. If it is as big as they say, I don't doubt it will be on the news all over the place. It's regarding all of these "fine, upstanding businessmen" and drugs and money laundering, and the rumours have been crazy for a month or two, and it's coming to a head this week supposedly. Keep watch, I'll update as it happens.
Listening to Joni's "Down to You" right now - another melancholy one, but so beautiful it almost hurts - the song starts with the line "everything comes and goes/marked by lovers and styles of clothes." How sad is that? Heartbreaking, but indeed, for many people, it's the truth.
Why am I blogging like I am Jann Arden or something? You know, when she gets on one of those rolls where she's all love and peace and whatever, in her books, and you think "yeah, yeah, Jann, whatever, tell me what you got at Costco yesterday."
Oh man, I am so going to find my Court and Spark and send you this album, and Hegira too. You won't listen, but at least I've tried.
Chunksie, this is funny - my nephew from Fernie came to town for the afternoon and for Thanksgiving dinner because he took the bus to Saskatoon to see his girlfriend, who is in law school there. Anyway, she's from GP, so I asked my sister what her last name was, and then turned to Rachel and said "she's from GP, like Chunks" and she looked at me, and then said, "OH! Well... then they must know each other then!"
LOLLLL, God love that spitfire I am married to.
Anyway, I better go make my NC now. Hope y'all have a good turkey day, if that is indeed what y'all do.
As I always say, "uh huh, this my shit...." (read Chunks' last comment if you don't get that one.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

I think I DID meet your nephew's girlfriend! Hehehe!

I hope your snot situation betters itself soon. Of course we want you to have relief but we also want the relief for ourselves too because snot-talk is fucking gross!! LOL!

So, I was googling Joni discs and it says "Hejira" what the what?! (What the what is ladylike if ladies like what the what they like just like you...I loved Storm Large!) Anyway. What is the proper spelling?

Send me whatever. I will listen to it. You know me, I'm a whore for a sad song. Once January rolls around and I am full into the winter blahs, I will be pumping that melancholy music into my head faster than snot through a JT. HAHAHAH!

Devo and I went to school with a girl who was very inspired by the Square Pegs. She used to call herself a "Sex Goddest" (that's seriously how that 'tard would say it!) Anyway, that show reminds me of her so I don't watch it. I used to always want to go to boarding school like the girls on Facts of Life. I wanted to be like Jo, but was probably more of a Tootie only white and no braces. (Just dorky I guess) I fucking LOVE(D) Fantasy Island!!! Mr. Roarke always freaked me right out! And Hart to Hart, I remember wanting to be Mrs. Hart. Stephanie Powers always had such great hair!

Ahhhh the 70s. Have you watched the new Bionic Woman? Bitch ain't no Jamie Sommers, is all I'm saying about that.

Send me the John Stewart stuff too. I didn't know Stevie sang backup! I thought she was always front and center. Fuck, I should have just emailed you, this comment is so long it's embarassing.

Happy Turkey Day to you and the Mrs. and the Chicklets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home