Tuesday, January 10, 2006

yeah it's me

Ok, very tired and a slight bit grouchy today. Ok, a lot grouchy, so don’t be expecting anything. Just thought I would weigh in on here since I’ve forsaken the thing since Brianne has been born. There are just not enough hours in the day, and this weekend, when I had the best intentions to catch up, well, that went to hell in a hand basket – why, I don’t know. I can’t even remember the weekend (can you tell the blah mood I am in today?) Anyway, I didn’t take a coffee break and in fact I only left my office once and that was to pee a few minutes ago, so I am taking my break now and just writing so I can post it later.
Let’s see, let’s do the Cliff Notes catch up of the past two months. Last time I posted was after Brianne was born. To answer Margo’s initial inquiry as to why I didn’t make up a pseudonym, well, what the hell for? Who is going to know my kids for one thing, and since the other kids have “Fake” names on here, I can never remember what they are and blah blah blah, and I doubt there is anyone left who will remember to look at this and read it, so whatever. So that’s the answer to that.
Ok, baby recap – Brianne is a wonderful baby. She sleeps quite well at night – always has – and she is the first one of our children who has taken a soother. Let me tell you, what a God send! It makes life so much easier, especially for Rach. Our other two girls would gag and freak out and wouldn’t take a soother under any circumstances, which meant they wanted to be nursed all the time. So, she’s a great baby, and still has blue eyes, which is so funny since mine are brown and Rachel’s are hazel. She’s really strong, and sweet and I am just rambling, so I’ll stop. I STILL can’t post a pic because I still haven’t taken my computer in. I have a virus plus nasty spyware, and so I can’t use it, and it’s where the Picassa thing is to post pics on blogspot, so y’all are shit out of luck for a picture right now. I really will take the computer in… just not this week.
So what else can I tell ya…. Well, my darling wife sort of surprised me with a treadmill for Christmas. So, we got it a couple weeks before the holidays, and so that’s where I’ve been. It’s either time to blog or the treadmill, and since the blog is free and the treadmill was like 1200 smackeroos, I figure I better damn well use the thing. I love it – well, wait, I love it but it’s a complicated relationship we have. It feels so good when it’s done, and at first I loved being on there, but now I am dragging my ass getting on there. However, I am still doing it, and I am up to jogging (yes Margo, I am jogging – who knew I could run?) for ½ hour at various inclines. But anyway, it’s such a good feeling when you are done, and knowing it’s done for the day. My lovely wife also surprised me with a fancy MP3 player for Christmas, so I really got spoiled. Let me tell you, it’s also a Godsend to have when exercising. However, I haven’t quite figured out how to make a playlist on the thing, so it just plays everything in alphabetical order, which can be troublesome when you are trying to stay motivated and running, and you go from something heavy and then the next song is like “Just Remember I love You” by Firefall or something…. LOL, there have been so many times that’s happened and I get so mad I just want to throw the thing across the room. I was listening to the “G”’s last night and it was all going good – “What you Waiting For” by Gwen, “Glad Girls” by Guided by Voices, and even “Give me Tonight” by Shannon – those three have either good, hard-thumping dance beats or rocking guitars, which is suited for jogging, and I was looking at what was next and saw something called “Gold” and thought it was the old John Stewart/Stevie Nicks song (you know – “when the lights go down in the California town, people are in for the evening”) and I thought it had a good bass line to keep me going, but Noooooo, it was some frigging song called “Gold” by Spandau Ballet – remember them? Well, don’t ask me when or why I downloaded that one, but honest to God, I thought I was going to have a Margo-like meltdown. Oh, and for some reason, I have “Tennesee Flattop Box” on there three times, and I mean, wtf? 3 times? So, I have to figure out the playlist and program thing on there to save my sanity. So, other than that, there really isn’t all that much happening. Christmas was good, but I would have liked a longer break. The freaky thing here is the weather. It has been unbelievably warm for the past month. Usually January means 30 or 40 below, but we’ve had one snowfall last month, and then temps freakishly warm since the beginning of December. Seriously, if it gets to minus 10 overnight, it’s a surprise. Daytime highs have been from minus 5 to 0 for the past month. I am absolutely loving this winter. If it stays like this, I can handle the winter. Christmas day was plus frigging 6 degrees…. Unreal.
Yeah yeah yeah, I know this is boring but I just want to get the recap done so I can just ramble in my usual way. Also, I am pooped out. So anyway, that’s all the news that fits.
Did I ever tell you that my daughter’s favorite show is “How Clean is Your House?” which is on W Network – those two British women who go into dirty houses and give the people hell? She freaks out if she misses it. Rach and I are addicted to it too, and “You Are What You Eat”… lol, I am so into my Brit shows I am trying to find a DVD player that will play British DVDS so I can start buying these episodes.
Oh, my dog now has the taste for cat poop. Yes, that’s right – we have to guard the cat box. You can tell how impressed I am about that. But, her training is going well, unless I actually mention it. The other night, I commented that she is trained now and hasn’t had an accident in weeks, and then boom, she drops 400 nasty turds on the kitchen floor. So, I just get that cleaned up and throw her outside and we hear banging and choking and whatnot and we look and the damn cat is on the counter, puking up ham that she stole from said counter, so I basically had to bleach the house down again. Yes, good times……
Well, that’s the news for now.
p.s. Listened to talk radio all day and realized the Conservatives are winning (Canadian election in 2 weeks if any Americans are reading this), and so I am ready to throw up. God help us all if they get in with their hateful platform and their intolerant agenda….. God help us all….. oh I am too depressed to talk about it.
p.p.s. Just went to the store to get another Culligan for my water cooler (I have my own in the office) and saw Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper now in Canada. I almost passed out, grabbed 2 cases, went to the counter and saw a little bottle and grabbed it too, and the woman is all “oh, you’ve tried it?” and I lied and said “oh yeah!” and she said “Well… you sure bought a lot of it…” and I felt like some weirdo…. Lollllll.. but it’s really good, tastes like cherry coke… anyway, over and out for now…
Yours til the bed spreads,
JT

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Oh wow...JT you totally made my day!! I needed a good laugh and your dog dropping 400 turds in the kitchen right after you bragged about her! The same thing happens here! Only pee though. Well, and lately barf, but that is from the other one.

Gold from Spandau Ballet sucks! Then AND now!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

Hey Sunshine!
We're glad you're still breathing out there on the Prairies! Okay - the further away prairie from here! I got a treadmill, too but my son got the MP3! I'm a little afraid to borrow it! Have to speed walk to my CMT!! (I'm not good enuf to jog yet!) Happy New Year!
Keep it real! Cheers!
Cutie

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger KB said...

You're lucky I haven't dumped your ass off my blogroll!!! I thought you were gone or something.

I swear I've had like 2 freaking breakdowns in the last couple of months. Lucky for you that you missed them. All that crazy babble would have made you take a soother. BTW ~ When you say soother you mean a pacifier?

Good for you on the whole running thing. The only time I run is if someone is chasing me!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home