Sunday, October 16, 2005

Smokin at the Grey Goose

So Roxanne mentioned that she hated Nickelback, and that's so funny because I can't stand them either. They are just Creed without the religion. They are also from Hanna Alberta, which is the armpit of the prairies in my opinion. We stayed there for a few days in 2000, when Rachel's family had a family reunion there. Why Hanna, I don't know, but we went, and while the hotel we stayed in was dirt cheap (I think under 40 bucks a night - the Grey Goose Inn), it was like being stuck in some hillbilly time warp. Everyone smoked, and while I was still quite the smoker then, it was unnerving to have the people at the front desk wait on you while smoking or to have the maids smoking while they pushed their carts down the hall - I ain't kidding. Anyway, the whole place gave me this freaked out, backwater vibe. It was like Deliverence without the banjo and rape. But you know what's funny? I totally love the new Nickelback song, and the video with shots of Hanna in it is cool too. I really like it. It's really too bad that bands from the prairies usually just annoy me - sorry Rox, but Wide Mouth Mason ain't my thing, the Northern Pikes were ok but just not quite good enough, and the Waltons just disappeared. Of course, there is my sweet Joan, and Jann, but bands, well, just aren't that good.
Hey, anyone else in love with "Santa Monica" too?
I was listening to the 80s music thingy, you know, the commerical free radio shit on digital cable, today, and now I can't get Grace Jones's "Love is the Drug" out of my head. I used to think she was so frigging cool, but really, she's quite frightening, isn't she?
So I am just rambling, I realize, but I am writing from the comfort of my bed. I should be sleeping but I just realized that I don't know if the frigging cat is in, so now I have to haul my ass all over the house looking for her....
Anyway, I am reading Ann Rule's "Small Sacrifices" again, but it's the first time I have reread it since I've had kids, so I just can't stand it. I've got so many books on the go I can't believe it.
Well, we bit the bullet today and bought bunk beds for the kids. Spent way more than we thought, but these are good ones, and the bottom is a double, so we can still lay with them if need be. They don't arrive for 2 weeks though, so Keryn is going bananas with anticipation. I saw some awesome leather furniture I want for our living room, but it's like 3000 smackaroos, with is 3000 smackaroos more than I have, so that ain't going to happen. In theory, we don't need new furniture since we bought the current living room stuff probably 5 yrs ago, but holy doodle, is it crap - trust me, if you buy new furniture, look underneath to see how sturdy it is.
Oh man I feel so bad for Rachel baby - she is so pregnant now, and moving so slow. She doesn't believe me, but she's just so damn hot when she's pregnant. No, I don't have a pregnancy fetish, but there is just something about her when she's pregnant that is just.... I don't know how to describe it, so nevermind.
Ok, I think my battery is going to konk out, so I better log off, find the cat, and get to sleep.
Have a sunny Sunday, peeps,
xo
JT

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia sez: Hey JT HOWS IT HANGING? You never fail to entertain me. I spend most of my money buying things from AMAZON. I just received THE COMPLETE POEMS AND LYRICS OF JONI. What a treat.
You are such a sensitive man! Abreath of fresh air!
XXOO CC SEATTLE

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I went to VH1.com and watched the Nickelback video, I seriously haven't watched a full video since I turned on MTV one day and saw Marilyn Manson singing "Sweet Dreams are made of this" and about shit myself!! So, I gotta agree, the video is pretty damn neat, specially since they are such a big whoopedeedoo in the States now. I think the song is awesome, I just hate the lead singer's voice. Sounds like he gargled with broken glass. Kirah thinks he sounds constipated.

JT, I need to send you an email of some live WMM so you get a better gist of them. Seriously, I am like a JW when it comes to WMM....relentless until everyone is converted!

That is awesome that you think Rachel is hot while she is pregnant. Darin was the same and I didn't believe him either. Hard to believe cuz when you are in that state, the last thing you feel is hot. I was starting to wonder if you were going to break out singing "Having my Baby" cuz if you did, well, we would all just have to smack you around a bit! hahahh!

Where is Margo? I miss her! If she is reading this, HELLO TO YOU!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home