Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ho Hum and Whatever

Good Evenink Dahlinks, how the hell are ye? It's 11 o'clock again and I should be in bed, but somehow the effort to get myself into said bed just seems like too much for me at the moment - the epitome of laziness. Anyway, just checking in. TGIF tomorrow. Even though it was a short week with the long weekend and all, I am counting down. My poor Rachel has one more week of work left, and I dunno if she'll make it. She's 35 weeks pregnant today, so 5 weeks left. She's really starting to feel it now, and of course, I don't make things any easier for the poor girl. So she's had a headache since yesterday on and off, sorta migrainey and whatever, and she's been stuffed up like crazy so I was telling her she has to go to the Dr. tomorrow, and then tonight, I say the stupidest fucking thing ever... lol, it's just typical of me. I say to her that she has to stay home tomorrow and go to the Dr. and she said "yeah, maybe I have a sinus infection" and then what pops out of my mouth you ask? LOL, I can't believe this myself - I say "yeah, you need to go to make sure you aren't having a stroke or anything." Now, where the hell that came from, I have no idea, but she looks at me and yelled "what kind of thing is that to say - now I will be worrying I am having a stroke" and I am sitting there thinking "where in the hell did that come from?" Sometimes, I just don't even get myself.... so now I feel like a shmuck - note to self - just shut the fuck up sometimes. So, I owe her a foot rub or something. Again, it proves my point that men are just, well, stupid.
So anyway, my poor babe has another week of work left, and then she'll hopefully be able to relax before the big event. Man, there is no way I could be pregnant, because I am too much of a wussy. Case in point: the pushy fucking dentist's office called me a couple weeks ago wanting me to finally get my permanent crowns done on my two root canals. One is 5 years old, and the other is 2. Well, they want to do them both at once, so both sides would be frozen, and I made the appointment and was supposed to get them done tomorrow but I cancelled last night. I just can't do it. The dentist is my worst panic attack inducing fear - flying and the dentist. Well, I can sit through a cleaning, and even a small filling now, but three fucking hours in the chair? No way Jose - I got 12 ativan from the dr. for the dentist this summer, but I need something stronger - besides gas, what will make me all relaxed and funky? Anyone tried Valium? Can I score some good shit from the dentist? Lemme know.
So I wimped out of that one yet again. I'll do it someday. This weekend, I just want to relax. We worked like dogs last weekend doing yardwork and such, so I am looking forward to some down time. I've been eating like a son of a bitch lately, so I have to get back to the diet tomorrow because I am not going to be a big fat fucker again - I can't let that happen, although I am scared to weigh in.
LOL, wow, this is sure an upbeat post, isn't it? Wait, let me make it even better. We got this library book the other night, and it made me bawl like a little girl. It's called "When you Were Born" and it's the most touching thing, so I ordered a copy from Amazon.ca, but I have this strange feeling Amazon in Canada is shitty. I don't know if someone told me that or what, but now that I placed the order, I think it might be true. It will take like a month to ship the book, when I found it ships in 24 hrs from Chapters. However, I also ordered myself a book, the Billboard Hot 100 in the 1980's, which is a reproduction of every weekly Hot 100 chart of the 80s, and while most normal people would think "what kind of moron would want that", it is making me piss myself just thinking about it. Another oddity of mine as a youth was an obsession with the music charts, and so I used to read Billboard faithfully as a 13-16 year old, and would be obsessed with them, and so I am dying to get my hands on this book. It's unavailable from bn.com and chapters, but Amazon said they had it, so I went with them. I hope I ain't disappointed with Amazon. Oh hells bells, I am rambling.
Oh, and my other sad story is I discovered that there was a Stevie Nicks Storytellers a few years ago, so I found the transcript online and relived this story I forgot, about how she wrote the song "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You?" She was on tour with Joe Walsh, and she was bitching about something and going on about it, and they were in Denver and Joe said he wanted her to come with him. So they rented a jeep and he drove her to Boulder where he was from, and he was telling her about his daughter who was killed in a car accident on the way to preschool - oh fuck, it bothers me to even type this, I am going to blubber again - and something about how he used to take her to this park where she could never reach the water fountain. Well, he takes Stevie to this park and there it is - a small little fountain with a plaque that says something like "for Emma Kristen and all the others who are too small to reach the fountain" or something like that, and then Stevie freaks out because she was all upset about trivial shit, and he did this in his daughter's memory, and that story just makes me cry again like a baby. There's something about having kids that just changes you - I cry so much now, and before I had kids, I was a very controlled, bottled up person. Hells bells, Keryn is going to Kinderdance, and you know how shy she is. Well, she loves it (and her cousin goes with her, so she is comfortable) and this week, I am watching them from the hall and they are putting their feet together and bending their knees to make a diamond, and the teacher says "good diamond Keryn" and it has made her week. She was beaming, and as soon as we were done she told me the story of how the teacher said this, and then she made me tell her aunty and her mom, and on and on, and I was just bursting. She also goes to storytime at the library and she loves it so much too that it just makes me all mushy to watch her. And then there is little Kim, who has turned into a little daddy's girl, so let's just say I am a very fortunate and lucky man. Oh God, I am fucking sickening tonight, aren't I?
So Little Lady is doing well, but still shits all over the frigging place. Maybe it has something to do with all the food she eats - go figure! She's a fatty, that's for sure.
Well, I just drank like a litre of water before bed, so guess who will be pissing all night? Too much info? Too damn bad, it's my blog.
Oh, I am so glad the weekend is coming - did I ever blog that I also do a night janitorial job? I've done it on and off for years. We clean a large office, and I did it during summers in university and then gave it to my dad when he was retired and we still do it. We fucking HATE doing it, but it's to pay off my student loans - I still owe - I don't even want to say how much, but you could buy a frigging nice SUV with what my loan is still sitting at, and I have another SIX FRIGGING YEARS of paying on it. So anyway, my loan payments add up to 600 buckeroos a month, and coinky-dinkilly, the janitorial job pays 600 buckeroos, so there is my loan payment, but they don't take income tax off of the cheque, so I get dung big fucking time at tax time. Rachell REALLY hates doing it, but what can you do. We usually take the kids - it's Monday to Thursday, and we do it so quick, it usually isn't longer than 1/2 hour or so, but there is nothing you will dread more when you are done dinner and finished the dishes and playing with the kids than heading out in the dark of night to go empty garbage cans and clean toilets... you know, warn your children, student loans ain't worth it. If I could do it over, I'd be tempted to be a plumber or something. Actually, in 3 years, when our mortgage comes up, we'll remortgage and pay them off, but OMG, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, and each other to look after, and working two jobs - it builds character!
LOLOL oh man, this whole post has been a long winded pity party. Good grief, I will go to bed now. I hope y'all have a great day tomorrow and I'll blog on the weekend all peppy and fresh.
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words JT....I.V. Sedation. Seriously! Cutie can give you the technical side of it but I tell you from experience that it is the ONLY WAY TO GO to the dentist. It just brings me to normal, without the fear. Ask your dentist, tell them your fears, they will help. (If they don't, RUN!) I also heard, and Cutie, correct me if I am wrong, that the novacaine or whatever it is they use to numb you makes your heart rate speed up slightly. If that is indeed the case, then a person prone to panic attacks would feel like they are indeed having the sensation of a panic attack which would induce a real panic attack. Of course, this is just my theory. I could be full of shit. I bet I am right though. Dentists are panic-inducers.

Poor Rachel!!!! Oh man, the last month is the suckiest month! I hated it! (Never made it that far with the first one, but I did with the second) Give her lots of love and affection and quit saying stupid shit, although it is frigging hilarious when you do!! hahah!

I love that Stevie/Joe Walsh story, I read that somewhere too once and thought it was so sad. That song breaks my frigging heart. Just breaks it. I love that Shawn Colvin song you told us about, it makes me bawl too. What a pair of frigging bawl babies we are!

The Billboard book sounds awesome! Maybe you could turn it into a little game we could play? Like you give us clues and we try to guess what song was the top of the charts in May 1982 or something. Think about it!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

Hey Handsome!
Can't believe I'm first to comment! We love that you are such a sweet, sensitive guy, the best daddy and husband - so keep blubbering! You HAVE to come see us - we have great drugs! Primarily versed/valium combo; good amnesia and time compression effects! Foxy Roxy could give you a good testimonial! I hope Rachel gets some rest and is feeling in top form soon - I swear by those foot rubs!
Cheers!
Heather

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

Took too long to type my comment - I was first when I started!
Cutie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home