Friday, September 23, 2005

We did it!

Ok, really quick again - we did it. We bought the dog. Rachel came to see me at work when she got off, and since Petland is across the street from my work (next to the damn Future Shop that gets me spending too much money when I am jonesing for some music at work), so we went to see her again, and then went home, stayed on the internet researching Bichons and Cocker Spaniels, noting how every report contradicts the previous one, and then trying to figure out how the hell we would afford to buy this dog (Visa), and then figuring out if we wanted to do it, etc. We were a real mess. On the way to the store to look at her again tonight Rachel said she just wanted someone to tell us what to do, which is actually what I wanted too. Anyway, we just did it, and then I felt so horribly sad right after, because I guess that was the final mourning for Daisy, so then I dropped them off and ran to McDonalds and cried like a little girl in the van for my lost puppy.... But this one is so sweet - nothing we ever would have really considered ever, but then there was just something about her that made us just feel right about getting her.
Anyway, it has been harder than I thought losing Daisy. We bought Daisy two weeks after we got married, and one month after we bought our first house, so she was like the first baby - the first start of of marriage and new home and all of that. And we treated her like a baby. Daisy and the cat were all we talked about, and I am sure we were quite sickening. Daisy was the first dog we looked at. We had to go out to the boonies, cross the river on this ferry operated by a person who we didn't know if it was a man or a woman - this big-titted person with a beard. Anyway, Rachel got the giggles talking to him/her, and was almost convulsed by the time we got across the river. Daisy came from this trailer sitting in the middle of nowhere, and her mom was a poodle/shih tsu (however you spell it) and her dad was an American Eskimo. That mix pretty much explained everything..... So we bought her, and she was so neurotic. She hated to be alone, and she was obsessed with Rachel. Until the day she died, Rachel could not go pee by herself without Daisy at her feet, or go to sleep without her at her feet. She was so sweet, but so needy. And she was forever pissing in our basement... we blamed everything on the Eskimo, but really, it was probably her mama. Anyway, she was our first babe, oddities and all.
Anyway, Aug 31, we were out for the evening, and long story, but Rachel's brother's garage caught on fire, so we didn't get home until like after 10. The kids were tired, so we were carrying them in the house, and I heard Kim utter "Hi Dais" and so I knew in the back of my head that she ran out when we got in. I carried Keryn to her room and was holding her and trying to get her to sleep and I heard a yelp, but thought it was the dog wanting in. I put Keryn in bed, and was laying with her and then Rachel came in because she was looking for the dog and saw her on the road. Well, she came and told me, and so I had to go and take her off the road and wrap her up and then Rachel's dad came and we cleaned up the street.... it was just the most horrible feeling.
We told Keryn the next day, and said she was living in heaven now, and it was so bad. She kept crying, saying she wanted her to live with us, and she wanted her to be our dog forever, and then she'd be ok, and asking what she was eating or doing in heaven. Then she cried because she saw a turd on the lawn and wanted her dog back, and on and on..... it was just horrible. She still cries for her, even today she did. But she really wanted another dog, so here we go. I will take a pic tomorrow once I find the damn digital camera. We were going to name her Sophie, but Keryn has her own ideas and has been calling her "Little Lady" for some reason, so I suspect she's gonna be Lady.......
But anyway, enough of this boring dog talk, but I just had to get it out, because it was so traumatic to lose Daisy. Oops, looks like Little Lady took a little dump on my floor. May the fun begin!
Ok, I gotta go watch more hurricane coverage - it's hitting in an hour or so,
xo
JT

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new baby dog!! I can't wait to see a picture!

What a sad story about Daisy, it sounds like she had a wonderful life with you and your family. If we could all be treated like our dogs sometimes! I know when Fuzz-dog goes, it will kill me (he's only three and I am already planning for the devastation!)

So the new dog is a cocker shitzu? Or a bichon/cocker? Oh, God, I want to go to Petland and get a new puppy too!

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So was the other puppy still there when you bought Lady/sophie? Please send me a pic asap, I may have to take a drive out to PA to pick up her sister...

M

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems as thoughyou are getting spammed on your blog. better go put that spam thing on your comments so you don't get hit with a bunch of dumb ass advertisements..
m

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Just say NO to Future Shop!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JT, Very informative. Great to see such that fresh sites are still out there. If you know anything about boy fancy dress or boy fancy dress feel free to send a post onto my blog. Thanks again

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JT, your post on We did it! was a catchy read, i spent a good half hour scanning through it all. If you would like to view your opinions on christmas fancy dress please feel free to add a post onto my blogspot. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home