Thursday, September 22, 2005

When the rain washes you clean, you'll know, and other profound gems.

Good evening Peeps. How goes it with y'all? I am just popping in to say hey. I still haven't caught up on any blogs, as my internet connection hasn't been working all frigging week. I was just going to call my ISP but then just restarted my router, and voila, the fucker started working. SOOOO, I could have done that days ago and had internet, but nooo, that would have been too easy.
So, this will just be a quick, boring, random thought type of blog. I am typing in the dark and it's hurting my eyes, and I have a feeling Kim will be waking up for some reason - one of those gut parent feelings - so we'll see how far we get.
Well, nothing really to report this week. We of course have done more canning. Let me tell you, we really are turing into Loretta and Doolittle. We made bread and butter pickles on the weekend, and then made another dozen or so jars of pickled beets on Monday night, because we had 10 lbs of beets to use up. Oh man, we sound so hokey, don't we? Anyway, as I have said, I am just frigging tired all the time. Either I am getting older, or I am just really lazy, but I long for bed all day. If I hadn't just had a physical, I would be thinking I had malaria or something.
Ok, so, random thoughts: Terrence Trent Darby is on right now on MuchMoreRetro. "Wishing Well" - I remember when I was 18, I wanted to grow my hair just like his. What in the hell was I thinking? I was just a white kid with a mullet.... oh man, can you imagine if I had hair like that.... LOLOLLL.... He was such a conceited little bugger too. I remember the hype though. We all thought he was the next James Brown or whoever. Kinda like 6 years ago when I thought Lauryn Hill was the second coming of whoever, but then she just sort of got weird and never released anything else. But damn, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" was a damn awesome album. I hate it when people with potential just weird out. Anyway, enough of that rambling.

NEXT: BIG BROTHER - Fucking Maggie...... I wanted to vote her ass out of there from the beginning, even before Cappy. I am so mad she won, and the look on Ivette's face - it's like someone killed her "beautiful" girlfriend or something. If she hadn't have been such a bitch to Rachel and said those mean things, she would have won, but Rachel would never vote for her, and Howie is too damned stupid to think on his own. Ah well, whatever, we'll never see these damn people again anyway. I will be going through severe withdrawal. I wish they would have one during the year instead of the summer. Survivor just isn't the same anymore. I have the two Apprentices taped to watch this weekend, and I admit I will watch the Amy Grant show tomorrow. I will always have a soft spot for her because back in the day when I was born again, I used to think she was "bridging the gap" between religion and music.... ah, I was such a strange kid.
So my excitement of the week will mean nothing to anyone, but I was in Saskatoon yesterday for work, and I went to A and B Sound and found FINALLY the remastered cds of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours and Tusk. What's the big deal you ask? Well, the remastered Rumours includes "Silver Springs", the studio version, which was supposed to be on the album but was left out at the end, and it includes a bonus disc of demos for most of the songs, and a couple outtakes, including a version of Stevie's "Think About it", a demo of "Planets of the Universe" that includes a snippet of "If you Ever Did Believe" and a couple other unreleased demos. The Tusk cd is the same thing, with a bonus disk of outtakes and demos. Let me tell you, I was like a pig in shit. Those albums mean so much to me, because I literally have known them since I was 7 years old. And you all know the whole Stevie thing with me. I seriously feel like I've been a member of the band or something, so it is so cool to hear how the songs evolved and stuff.... but as I said, it probably only is of interest to me.
Oooh, Broken Wings by Mr. Mister is on now - this takes me back to grade 10, wintertime.... ah, I feel nostalgic tonight.

Oh, so I heard a song yesterday that made me cry like a frigging baby/pansy/emotionally unstable person. It's called "Never Saw Blue Like That" by Shawn Colvin, who I love - I also like the name Shawn for a girl, but alas, Rachel doesn't. Anyway, back to my story. I downloaded the song a long time ago, when I was downloading Shawn's "Get Out of This House" (which I own, but sadly, scratched so damn bad it won't play anymore, so it really isn't stealing). I just downloaded a handful, but never listened to them, and for some reason, I stuck that song on a cd I made. I somehow had this cd in my car yesterday and was listening and the song just grabbed me the second it started, and I was listening to it, and I kept thinking "this reminds me of Rachel" and then thought "this reminds me of the kids too" and it just made me cry. You see, each kid has a song or songs associated with them. Keryn was Elton's "Your Song" which we listened to when we got her home from the hospital and cried looking at her, and she also has Joni's "Little Green", "Willie" and Elton's "Levon" which I used to sing to her. Kim has Leeanne Womack's "I Hope You Dance" and James Taylor and Joni's live duet of "You Can Close your eyes". Well, I think this new baby will have this song. I'll paste the words:

Never Saw Blue Like That

Today I took a walk up the street
And picked a flower and climbed the hill
Above the lake

And secret thoughts were said aloud
We watched the faces in the clouds
Until the clouds had blown away

And were we ever somewhere else
You know, it's hard to say

And I never saw blue like that before
Across the sky
Around the world
You've given me all you have and more
And no one else has ever shown me how
To see the world the way I see it now
Oh, I, I never saw blue like that

I can't believe a month ago I was alone,
I didn't know you
I hadn't seen or heard your name
And even now, I'm so amazed
It's like a dream, It's like a rainbow, it's like the rain

And somethings are the way they are
And words just can't explain
Cause I never saw blue like that before
Across the sky
Around the world
You've given me all you have and more
And no one else has ever shown me how
To see the world the way I see it now
Oh, I, I never saw blue like that before

And it feels like now,
And it feels always,
And it feels like coming home
I never saw blue like that before
Across the sky
Around the world
You've given me all you have and more
And no one else has ever shown me how
To see the world the way I see it now
Oh, I, I never saw blue like that before
Oh, I, I never saw blue like that

Anyway, find it and give it a listen - I can't do it justice. Anyway, sorry for the boring blog, but I just had to say hey to everyone. I better run though and look up cocker spaniels. I've always thought they were crazy and mean and high strung, but we saw a bichon spaniel cross tonight that wrapped her little cute self around our hearts, so I am going to see if I can find anything that would tell me that the spaniels really are nice dogs after all.
Anyway, better run. I'll be more entertaining this weekend, promise.
xo,
JT
p.s. oh, I forgot to tell you - those who read Margo's blog, she will be temporarily unvailable for a week or so. Long story, nothing's wrong or anything, but she won't get the blog back up for a week or so. I'll elaborate this weekend on her behalf.
p.p.s. Paul Janz's "I Go To Pieces" is on now, and man, if it wasn't for Canadian Content laws in Canada, we'd have missed out on all this cheesy bullshit... lol, I admit it, I actually have a soft spot for all this stuff.....

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Moony! (Isn't that what Loretty calls her hubby?) Good to see you finally post something!

Fleetwood Mac's remix?! God, I love(d) them!! I have always wanted to be Stevie! (Well, without the coke problem...)

I remember when Marci was a baby, I used to sing that Aaron Neville/Linda Ronstadt hit "Don't Know Much (But I know I love you)" Totally fitting when I think of how young we were having' babies! I can't remember what song I loved when Kirah was little...how sinful is that?

Cocker Spaniels don't do so well with little kids, but a mix of one with a Bichon would be perfect! Bichons have great temperments and are well suited for small children/families. I am not saying this because I am biased, but I looked into cockers before I got my Bichon. Cockers have a tendency to have ear troubles too. And a pure bred dog is just gonna have more health issues, so find a mix of some sort. I want to find a pomeranian shitzu for my next dog. Or a poodle/pomeranian. God, I sound like Dr. Ballard or something! hahahah

My best to Margo and Rochelle (and Rachel too!) hahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home