Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh, Blah Blah Blah, I Got Nothing to Say

Allrighty, this seriously will be only a 10 sentence blog tonight. I am so frigging tired, so in 2 minutes I am going to have a bath and hit the proverbial hay. Anyway, the week hasn't been all that exciting. I am so frigging glad it's the weekend though. I am so tired right now, I can't even think of any anecdotes to tell from the week. The dog is doing fine. She's really settled in, and sleeps through the night, and is training pretty well. It's just the damn puppy chewing that is crazy right now. Her name, alas, is Little Lady, or Lady for short for us grown ups to call her, but we ultimately decided that the kids should be allowed to name her. Keryn is/was adamant that she be called Little Lady, so there ya go. Of course, Margo told me that the breed is called a Cockachon, so of course I want to name her Chaka Khan now in the worst way. Ah well, if we get another cat, I am going to name it Chaka Khan. Then when I am outside call it I can go "Chaka Khan? Chaka Khan? Chaka Khan everybody, everybody Chaka Khan, let me rock you it's all I wanna do..." Ah, well, I think it would be funny.... ah, forget it.... my wife doesn't want another cat, but what's one more.... anyway, I'll keep you updated if I can get my Chaka....
So other than the dog nothing else is new. OH, yes there is - Margo, my righteous babe friend from Cowtown, bought Little Lady's sister!! her dad is meeting her halfway this weekend to give her the dog. How cool is that - now we are raising siblings. Anyway, I thought it was funny.
I bought a new book today, Man and Boy, and I want to start it tonight, but the damn thing is in the car. I can't decide if I want to start it that bad, or if I should just leave it. LOL, wow, you can tell I am lazy and tired, because I am talking about nothing.
OH - one thing before I go. Even though I have had the Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac obsession since I was 8 years old (I am sure I have told you that I used to fantasize as a kid that I was a member of the band and that I used to pretend all of Stevie's songs were about me - yup, I was 2 steps away from crazyville when I was young), I just realized that I had the lyrics to "Sara" wrong all this time. When she sings "when you build your house, then call me home", I never realized she was singing "Home" and thought she was saying "when you build your house, then call me - oh" or "whoa".
Ok, so then I was travelling this week and listening to Stevie's "the Wild Heart" cd, and realized that, 22 years after it's release, none of those fucking songs make one bit of sense. I literally wore that damn lp out, and the cassette and the cd, but I was listening, and I was driving through the nice scenery on my way home from Saskatoon, and I just thought "what in the hell does this mean" and then the next song, the same thing. Example: "learn to be a stranger, blond on blond, in silence she said, excaliber" from Sable on Blond". Or "As the summer became the fall, I was not ready for the winter, it makes no difference at all, cause I wear boots all summer long" from Nightbird. Granted, in that song, I actually do know what it's about, or I think I do, but even though you instinctively know in some primal way what the whole thing is about just from the vague words and that stunning voice and persona, taken by itself, it makes you go "what the fuck?" Even "Stand Back" - "maybe your attention was more than I could do" - what in the hell does that mean? But I am not slagging my Stevie, don't worry. It's the same with New Order, one of my alltime favorite bands. I have no frigging clue what anything they sing is about. So, when I was making fun of Duran Duran and the "lizard Mixture", well, it's everywhere babies.....
The trees are so nice - bright yellow, but by next week, all the leaves will be gone. Autumn is my favorite season. There is something just so achingly romantic about this time of year - cool crispness to the air, cloudy skies, the trees, and the smell of fallen leaves. That rotten leaf smell is my favorite smell in the world, hands down - do you know what I mean by that smell? Anyway, I love this time of year, and it also makes me very nostalgic - lol, like when am I not - and for some reason, it really makes me want to smoke. Tonight especially.... will the urge ever go away??
Well, I am rambling so I am going to go see if my wife woke up (she's sleeping on the couch with keryn and Little Lady) and see if she wants a back rub (I feel so bad for her because she's starting to be reeeeaally pregnant and uncomfortable) and then have myself a bath.
Talk tomorrow - I'll try not to ramble then.
xo
JT

3 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Achingly romantic' lol that is sure deep... lol For me fall is like the death month. everything goes brown and dies.. I much prefer spring when new life begins.. its achingly romantic. lol, I do know what you mean about the smell though.
Oh my dad sent me pics of little Agatha.. aka Aggie the Cockachon.. she is so cute, and dad says she is just as graceful as meathead.. lol meaning she is a little clutz lol.
Well gotta run. don't want to be late picking up the new baby
Margo

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger JT said...

Oh, FINALLY! That damn cold sore I got from that hooker at the carnival will soon be gone! Hurrah!
Please, does anyone have a blog for crabs?

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a Cockachon!!!! God, I have puppy envy! First Murphy inherits a second dog, now you both are getting new puppies, that's it! I'm going on the search! (If I get a Cockachon, it is going to be called Chaka Khan FOR SURE!!) So funny!
Fall is my favorite time of the year too, damp dry leaves smell awesome! I love the crispness of the air. I almost cry every time I see the big V's of geese in the sky....don't leave yet!
I don't think any of the lyrics to any of the songs in the 80s made sense, I think that is why we loved them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home