Sunday, October 16, 2005

Random Babbles about whatever

Happy Sunday peeps. As usual, I should be in bed, but I am waiting for the dryer to finish, so here I sit. So today I begin the diet again, after being bad for like a month or 6 weeks or something, I can't even remember. I refuse to weigh myself, because that will just make me panic. I must have gained, I dunno, almost 10 lbs back I would think? Who the hell knows, maybe it's only 5, but I just know that I still fit all my clothes, but there aren't as flattering as they were at the end of August. So, I am back on board, baby. I just keep thinking it's not for me, but the kids, because I don't want to drop dead on them. Yes, I sound dramatic, but really, it's a big fear of mine, so I resolve to stay the course. I am such a boredom eater - well, who are we kidding, I eat when I am happy, sad, lonely, nervous, content, tired, hyper, you name it - but when I am bored I just want to nosh. So right now, when I am tired and blah, I keep thinking chocolate something or other would be the cat's ass...
But anyway, I am motivated again, so just shame me into staying with it.
So I don't have a whole lot of anything to say. Today we worked like dogs in the house and then Rachel took Keryn for a little excursion to Zellers, so I took Kim and went grocery shopping and for coffee with my family. It was so much fun to have that one on one time with the kids for us. But alas, the frigging weekend went by too damn fast. I just don't feel like doing sweet bugger all tomorrow.
Anyway, I am too frigging tired right now to even type, so I will just end this boring entry before I ramble on about nothing. Full moon tomorrow. Fuck, I dread them, because it's true, everything and everyone just goes wonky and crazy. Just watch and you will see - people are crabby and testy and it's always the day before and a couple days after until things get to normal. LOL, I sound like I should be some tripped-out hippy named Lance or something, and smoking a big fatty.
Hey, "Human" by Human League is on right now, and now I am thinking, that song was written by someone strange. I am too lazy to google it right now, but someone odd wrote it - Babyface or Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis or someone you wouldn't think would have written it. I really loved the Human League in the 80s (surprise surprise). "Fascination" is just the most contagious damn song. Today I was listening to James Taylor - the dvd "Pull Over". I never talk about old James, but I am also James fanatic. Not life-changing fanatic like Joni and Stevie, but a fanatic nonetheless. I own almost every album, and we even gave Kim the middle name Taylor after him. When Keryn was born, I used to put her to sleep by rocking her and playing and singing a couple certain songs, like Joni's "Little Green" and "Willie", Elton's "Levon" and James's "Only One". Well, she ended up just loving that song, and the entire "That's Why I'm Here" album, and when she was one year old, we drove out to Vancouver for a conference I was presenting at, and that's how we kept her content all the way - the album, and "Only One" specifically. If she'd fuss, we'd put the cd on, and if she'd really cry, we'd play the song over and over, and boom, she'd be sleeping in no time. Then when she got a little older, she'd sing it a bit and we'd have to dance. I haven't played James forever, so she actually sorta forgot the song, but we danced today to it and she grinned so much I swear she got flashbacks. Anyway, James's "Sweet Baby James" always makes me weepy. Sometimes I think I am a fucking nutbar, I really do. When Kim was born, I used to listen to a bootleg I have of James and Joni singing "You Can Close Your Eyes" and we made that song Kim's song, so JT is always with me. I named my blog self after him - that's where the JT comes from.
"Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue is on right now. It always reminds me of Margo, because she frigging loved that song in grade 10. I couldn't stand it, or the entire album, back then. I will admit to owning "SHout at the Devil" back then, but I couldn't stand Theatre of Pain, because, well, I was more into new wave and funk. Grade 10 was my obsession with Severed Heads, Simple Minds, the Alarm, and Ready for the World..... lol, "Oh Sheila" was the bomb!
Margo used to always sing "Smoking in the boys Room" at the top of her lungs, and she's always say "FUCK with your rules!" instead.... lol, ah, God love her. I haven't heard from her for ages. I don't know what the hell is happening in her world. Margo, drop me an email.
Hey, anyone remember Nu SHooz? They sang "I Can't Wait." Damn, they were good. ANd you know who else I love and still listen to? Quarterflash. I wonder where they are and if they are still married, Jack and RIndy Ross.
Well, that was some musical verbal dia.. dia... oh fuck I can't ever spell it.... the shits!
So tell me peoples, one more random question before I go: Wherever you lived in the 70s, did you hear the urban legend about the chick chewing Bubbleicious gum and having all the spiders crawling out of her mouth? Where the hell did that one ever come from? We lived in fear of that gum in B.C., and it was the same story here too.
And one more - did you all live in fear of acid rain burning you when it was a big thing in the 70s? I remember on Different Strokes and Kimberley washed her hair with rain water and it was acid rain and turned it green and then I was scared of getting caught in acid rain.
Margo and I also both had fears of quicksand too, and of somehow being caught in it.... too much Gilligan's Island for us I guess!
Oooh, Little Lady is looking shifty, and she ain't gonna drop a turd in the house before bed if I can help it. I am going to head to bed and read my depressing book. Have a nice day y'all.
xo
JT

5 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey lil buddy. I am still alive and kicking. Been super busy with the renos and the shitty new job in repair that I got assigned too.. man I hope this friggin thing ends soon. Tired.
Got the window installed in the kitchen this weekend. Turned out good. Just have to drywall, then I can book the install for my cabinets. but not before I rip out the old ones and put in sub floor..
what did I get myself into...

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger cutie1964 said...

I so remember that Bubblicious/spider thing - it even had that funny "spider egg" texture when you first put it in your mouth! Ditto with the acid rain - it rained so much in Kitimat tho that I think we were just immune!
Glad you're still kicking, Margo! We need some new pics! Get some sleep, you guys!
Cheers!
Heather

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emotional eating is brutal, we all do it sometimes.

After you mentioned James Taylor, I d/l some of his stuff. I love James Taylor, and I don't know why I don't own any of his CDs?! I remember being drunk in a hotel in Edmonton and it was 2 in the morning and I watched James Taylor in concert. My girlfriend was like "What the hell is wrong with you?! Give me that remote!" hahah! (I love Quarterflash too...Harden my Heart~is there a better song?!)

I never heard the one about the gum but I remember hearing about drinking spring water in BC and someone had an aligator grow inside them and they found it when he complained of a stomach ailment.

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wassup ? How is your week going??

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Chunks said...

Here is my new home...haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home