Sunday, July 10, 2011

Random Thoughts on a Random Night

Random post bullets in no particular order:

-- Saturday night. I'm feeling a little.... down. Well, not even down, exactly, just... well, maybe down is the right word. I don't know. It's sort of just built up this evening, and I don't know why. Probably just the classic story of one parent with dementia in a home, a dead mother, two sisters making crazy life decisions, yada yada yada. You know, the universal story we all share (is my sarcasm apparent? It should be).

-- Anyway, we were supposed to be at a wedding tonight, me and the Mrs. We skipped it. I don't really care at this point. It's a friend of mine, and I was shocked that we made the cut. They are having 300 to the supper and I think 600 to the dance. He's aboriginal, from a prominent Aboriginal family, and he's a musician, so they have like 5 bands lined up, and so it sounds like every Indian from here to Yellowknife will be there. I keep seeing posts on FB of pictures and such. Anyway, I was shocked we made the invite cut, because there were so many relatives and friends who didn't make the supper cut, but while I feel a little guilty, with that many people, it doesn't matter that we didn't go. I just didn't feel like it. We would have had to get a sitter, and since the people I am close to are family, they'd be sitting at the family table, so I just didn't want us to be sitting there with strangers. Anyway, it sounds like it's quite the party, according to the FB.

-- Watched some taped "America's Got Talent" tonight, since the kids love it. Let me say this: it annoys the ever-loving FUCK out of me when people go on talent shows and sing predictable shit. Like, if I ever have to see another AI audition where some chick sings "At Last", I will vomit all over my sofa. Because when some 16 year old is belting that out, I know they are thinking it shows they are down with the classics and down with the Blacks and down with being an "old soul." Well, that's just bullshit. They aren't down with anything - it's just pretentious show. I always want to scream "you ain't Etta fucking James, dingbat". Same thing when they all sing "Georgia on my Mind." Fuck off with those songs already! It would be more refreshing if they sang, I dunno, Stacey Q's "Two of Hearts" or something. Ok, not really, because that song sucks
(and when that bitch guested on Facts of Life as a singer named "Cinnamon", you knew she was washed up on the shore already), but you know what I mean. America's Got Talent had this anorexic Justin Bieber look-a-like Lesbian girl on named "Dani" who sang an "original" song, and then choked, and then they gave her another chance and made her sing a song they'd know, and my kids were so pissed she got through, because nobody else got another chance. And this chick annoyed the hell outta me, because she was so ballsy to sing an original. I put her in the same category as those Etta wannabes. Anyway, whatever.

Oh, and they have this gross dude on there who looks like Little Richard. And tell me, what the fuck IS the deal with LR? I get so grossed out when I see that thing. I think I would have preferred looking at Michael Jackson than LR - two different, but sorta similar, degrees of grossness. But I can't understand what the appeal of LR ever was. And I can't figure out what he's singing. Tutti Fruity? It just makes me think of Rudy Huxtable and her moustache.

And I know I've said it here before, but WHY was Mrs. Huxtable such a bitch? Couldn't Theo ever catch a break? Those kids were never good enough for her, especially Theo. It bothered me.

I went to Value Village today and got a handful of books I'll never have the time to read. I did pick up another copy of Helter Skelter, which, freakishly, is an obsession of mine, and since my copy has missing pages, I was happy. I also bought a Haven Kimmel book, since Augusten Burroughs is always peeing his pants about her, and some book about the Ukraine, and... hmmm... what else... well, I can't remember, but there's a bunch.

I really should go now. I have to plan our trip. We are going to Montana, to this time share right outside of Glacier Park, in August, but we are planning on doing Radium Hot Springs, and then the Couer d'Alene/Spokane area right before. It's not like me to have anything figured out, so I should get busy and book some shit. However, Hoarders is on right now, and this woman has like 10000 dolls or something in her house, and it's giving me the creeps, so i think I should watch it. Decisions, decisions....

Oh, Brother in Law Warbucks was across the street at my sister's tonight (I think they only see each other one day a week, I shit you not) and since we still haven't met him yet, Rachel finally said "should be we going over there?" but really, shouldn't she call us and say "come, meet Daddy Warbucks?" That alone just makes me wonder. This whole thing is a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

And, speaking of crazy shit, yesterday was one of those nutty days. I ended up taking the day off, because, well, I just felt like it, but I was tired and lazy and not feeling up to snuff. I have had a stomach bug for over a week now - nothing horrible, but I can't quite shake it entirely. I supposed if i just limited myself to soup and clear fluids for a day, everything would right itself, but I don't roll that way. Anyway, we ended up trading a few of our kids for two of my sister in law's kids, and took them garage saling. We ended up at an estate sale where I figured out after the fact was the house of my late French teacher. Anyway, we bought a shitload of old tupperware and then went to a few more sales, and then to liquidation world, and then took the kids for lunch at the restaurant run by this organization for mentally challenged people. It was spotless and the food was awesome. However, I wasn't feeling the best, but in the restaurant, I got all pukey feeling. It wasn't a panic attack, but felt like it. Anyway, I am trying to get myself feeling better so I could eat, since I know that if I get food in me, I'd feel better, but this worker kept coming over to talk to us, and I don't think she's brushed her teeth since Clinton was in power, so I was getting more and more nauseous as the moments went on, but she eventually left and I ate and felt better. But it was funny when I think of it now.

Ok, I gotta finish this Hoarders - the doll lady is getting freaky. Have a good weekend y'all.

Peace Out.

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Rox said...

I had a day yesterday too. Getting the dog was only part of the story. I don't know whether to blog about it or not. Did you get my text? Anyway, feel better soon dude. The fucking world is like an Oh Henry bar...right full of nuts.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger LittleBlueBoxofJoy said...

I don't know who you are--but I feel like I've been sitting next to you all night in some old silver-quilted diner, drinking bad coffee, and dishing about our respective lives. Oh, and in response to the above comment, someone once told me that the World is actually divided up into two categories: Nuts, and Raisins. I have since added a third category--Nut Covered Raisins. I believe strongly I am in this division. Love your writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home