Saturday, July 02, 2011

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

Well, this has to be quick, because I just realized it's late. I think I'll just make this a stream-of-consciousness post with bullets just to be efficient like a German.

-- Last week I wrote a long frigging post explaining the latest goings on in my ever-increasingly kooky family. Once it all seemed so normal. Now, not so much. Anyway, I wrote this post about it and it was really long and, I thought, good. However, I yanked it the next morning because I forgot a whole component to make the story even more interesting, but apparently, when you unpublish something, you DELETE THE DAMN THING! However, a faithful reader had already read it and must have had the thing still open, so she cut and pasted it and emailed it to two of my email addresses. It never arrived at either email addresses.
Creepy? Yes. I am thinking maybe it's a sign I should keep my yap shut. However, I don't roll that way.

-- So, long story short: my sister, the one who lives across from me, who has been widowed since 1997 and hasn't dated anyone, is getting married to a widower whom she has been dating 4 months. They are getting hitched in November. They don't live in the same city and I don't even know if they see each other once a week. He's ultra conservative and ultra religious. She is religious too, but she's more of a free-thinker the past decade, which is really cool. Back in the day, she was one of those Focus on the Family people that I distrust. Now? She thinks outside the box. But I wonder what will happen. She's just resigned from her job, is going to sell her house, and whatever. They are going to live in "the City". He's from a small Mennonite community. And he's a millionaire. But the last part doesn't mean anything. I haven't even MET him yet. This whole thing has consumed me since I found out two weeks ago. Consumed, as in my stomach has hurt, and I was anxious to the nth degree, and I was the most abrasive, angry, horrible person the night I found out (and nobody understood WHY I was so crabby, so I just looked like a dick), but this sister? She's the one everyone goes to for answers. Why? I dunno. Maybe because sister #1 just sort of buries her head, much like my mom did, and much like I do, except I obsess and rock myself to sleep at night (hence my anxiety/panic attack issues), and sister #3 just does whatever the fuck she wants to and will somehow make everyone else feel guilty for not giving her a lollipop in a treat bag at a party back in 1976 as a means to just do whatever the hell she wants to. But whatever).
Anyway, my assumption is that they are both saying that they prayed about it and God has told them to be together. And since I've once upon a time been along the born again route, I COMPLETELY understand THAT pull. But I personally think that she isn't thinking clearly, for reasons I won't go into here. But I pray that if I am indeed right in my thinking, that the good Lord will stop this before it gets any crazier, and that it will happen before she sells her house and she can somehow get her job back. And if it doesn't happen?? I pray that brother in law Warbucks pays off my fucking mortgage. Awful, yes? Well, until you walk a mile in my shoes, goonie goo goo, bitch.

-- OH! And then, I hadn't talked to eloping religious sister since she told me the news about this crazy wedding shit, but she called me on Wednesday at work to tell me that she received a text from our sister #3, who said she left last weekend to BC to be with her loser boyfriend. This is the sister who... oh fuck, I dunno if I blogged any of this, but she ran away at Thanksgiving to be with this loser, a brother of her insane friend in BC. Left her kids and hubby. This loser she shacks up with is apparently so wonderful, she leaves her hubby and kids. This arsehole apparently shoves her at Xmas, and she runs back home in January, and her hubby thinks its a new start. But it isn't. She does get a job, but blames her hubby for everything, and her daughter DOESN'T graduate last weekend. NO FUCKING SHIT SHERLOCK. She needs a fucking mother to fucking MOTHER. But whatever. People will do the stupid shit they do. And when the rain washes then clean, they'll know.
But for me? Both of them is just a variation of a theme. It's running away from bullshit. But as a 41 year old, I must realize that I can't control fuck all, so I will just try to keep myself open to them, just like Jericho, to loosely quote Joni Mitchell. But that doesn't mean I have to like the bullshit my sisters are doing.

-- You know, one of my "random" bullet posts was going to be about the song going through my head all night - John Lennon's "Nobody Told Me". I have to admit that this outtake happens to be my favourite Lennon song. I always thought it was because I live in the past and this was from the post-Lennon death days, but now, I had an Oprah "aha" moment and realized that the "nobody told me there'd be days like these/ strange days indeed/ most peculiar Mama" lines fit perfectly with everything happening right now.

-- Anyway, I better get my sorry self to bed. We are heading to the lake tomorrow, for the first time this year. It seems fitting that summer should finally arrive. So I will leave you with a happy Canada Day/Happy 4th of July, and hope all y'all have a good week. And if you decide to leave your spouse for a loser or run off and get married to JR. Ewing? Don't fucking tell me, ok?
Seacrest Out.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rox said...

You and I both need to focus on our own lives and not worry so much about what other people are doing to fuck up their lives. Let them live in chaos...choose to live in peace.

It's wild eh? We really are doppelgangers.

OMG four days of camping and not pooping? Guess who's pooping today?!

I've been listening to John Lennon's "Watching the Wheels" lately. Have fun at the lake, dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home