Monday, March 05, 2007

AN Open Plea to Rosanne Cash

So now I am watching "What We Really Want" by Rosanne Cash, one of my favorite songs. Don't know why it is, but since the first time I heard it, 15 years ago, it's spoken to me like I too have "thrown the best parts of life away on street talk, strangers, and drugs." It's from her classic album Interiors, which every person should own, if they are emotionally strong enough. Anyway, I really am partial to the studio version and the production of that one, but check out this live version if you wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKAp2BsWC1E
It kicks ass. She's a rare breed of performer - an excellent, intelligent writer, competent player, awesome singer, and beautiful, so why she isn't absolutely huge, I don't know. Oh yes, I do, America doesn't like real music, real women, real beauty, real intelligence in women - just Paris Hilton and blad Britneys. It's up to our daughters to shake the world up, peoples....
Anyway, I am sending out a plea to Rosanne Cash to get her ass to Saskatchewan for a show. For the love of God, just do it!
Ok, I really need to stop the youtubing.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Chunks said...

Remember when she used to sing "I don't know why you don't want me" that song used to break my heart because who among us hasn't felt like that at one time or another?!

Poor underrated Roseanne. You need to learn how to use YouSendIt then you can just email us these wonderful songs and then we won't have to all be in the dark.

Go to bed you melancholy mofo! YouTube can sink one into despair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home